Babbler

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Wiliams dropped out of Society for the Protection of Unborn Children. In 2008 he called for Britain to enact some form of the "unavoidable" sharia law even while his fellow Anglicans in Nigeria were being attacked by Muslim mobs. The church has been divided by the question of its openly homosexual clergy and gay marriage. The organization is being split by these issues. African bishops are splitting from there Western bishops who are demanding that all churches in the communion embrace their views on homosexualty.

"In all liklihood, the forcing of same-sex marriage will lead the African churches to withdraw from communion with the Western churches--while the churches of Europe and North America will denounce the African churches, choosing allegiance with standard-issue Western liberalism over the orthodox teachings of their own faith.

And thereby the world will lose one more of the old ties that might have bound it together. Freed from their African anchor, the Church of England and the Episcopal Church in America will move even further in a pro-Muslim, anti-Israel direction, providing yet more cover for fashionable liberal anti-semitism."1

1 Joseph Bottum, "The End of Canterbury," The Weekly Standard, 19 December 2011, pg 24-25.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Wolves in sheep clothing. Beware of false teachers and false prophets.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

It appears as though mainline churches are moving further and further away from the truth ever day all in the name of political correctness.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It appears as though mainline churches are moving further and further away from the truth ever day all in the name of political correctness.

I would include the word "some" in your statement above. I have found that blanket statements quickly are proven to be lies. I agree that some churches are turning from the truth, but not all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I would include the word "some" in your statement above. I have found that blanket statements quickly are proven to be lies. I agree that some churches are turning from the truth, but not all.

I didn't say all churches, I said mainline churches and that's a huge difference. The mainline denominations have become so liberal and strayed so far from the truth they are unrecognizable from what they once were. The gospel is no longer even present in a lot of those churches...see the article above.

Wolves in sheep clothing. Beware of false teachers and false prophets.

:thumbsup:

Amen

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20

Amen

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:1-2

Stand Fast

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Wiliams dropped out of Society for the Protection of Unborn Children. In 2008 he called for Britain to enact some form of the "unavoidable" sharia law even while his fellow Anglicans in Nigeria were being attacked by Muslim mobs. The church has been divided by the question of its openly homosexual clergy and gay marriage. The organization is being split by these issues. African bishops are splitting from there Western bishops who are demanding that all churches in the communion embrace their views on homosexualty.

"In all liklihood, the forcing of same-sex marriage will lead the African churches to withdraw from communion with the Western churches--while the churches of Europe and North America will denounce the African churches, choosing allegiance with standard-issue Western liberalism over the orthodox teachings of their own faith.

And thereby the world will lose one more of the old ties that might have bound it together. Freed from their African anchor, the Church of England and the Episcopal Church in America will move even further in a pro-Muslim, anti-Israel direction, providing yet more cover for fashionable liberal anti-semitism."1

1 Joseph Bottum, "The End of Canterbury," The Weekly Standard, 19 December 2011, pg 24-25.

Yes Williams is a wolf. Rowan Williams is also a practicing Druid. The Anglican Church System is bogus, trust me i know what i'm talking about, they will reunite with the Catholics because there are Catholics already with them. If your in the Anglican Church System Your going to be hindered spiritually. Flee Organized Religion and be a KJV Bible Believer.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Yes Williams is a wolf. Rowan Williams is also a practicing Druid. The Anglican Church System is bogus, trust me i know what i'm talking about, they will reunite with the Catholics because there are Catholics already with them. If your in the Anglican Church System Your going to be hindered spiritually. Flee Organized Religion and be a KJV Bible Believer.

Well, you make it so clear that KJV is a "religion" that we don't even need to debate it. And that is a real shame. What you should have said is "flee organised religion and believe in CHRIST". Let's not make the KJV a religion, because the gospel is a living God, not a specific translation of the bible. And please try not to infiltrate threads unrelated to KJV with this stuff.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

The archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, is to resign and return to academia as master of Magdalene College, Cambridge.

Williams, 61, will leave at the end of December in time to start his new role next January 2013.

So it's not really (IMHO) worth debating about him. :noidea:

I also Eco, "Candice's" post,,,," Believe in Christ! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Could Prince Charles become King, and be elected as the next pope and bring the two churches back togather..... he slao has ties to Islam...