Babbler

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

Could Prince Charles become King, and be elected as the next pope and bring the two churches back togather..... he slao has ties to Islam...

Only in a cheap soap opera or a conspiracy theory that some countries just seem to love. :21:

PS. Now, The Duchess of Cornwall has ties to horse; perhapse if ever she was to become Queen, she would ban cars :noidea::taped:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Could Prince Charles become King, and be elected as the next pope and bring the two churches back togather..... he slao has ties to Islam...

Only in a cheap soap opera or a conspiracy theory that some countries just seem to love. :21:

PS. Now, The Duchess of Cornwall has ties to horse; perhapse if ever she was to become Queen, she would ban cars :noidea::taped:

:P It was just a passing thought LoL.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Wiliams dropped out of Society for the Protection of Unborn Children. In 2008 he called for Britain to enact some form of the "unavoidable" sharia law even while his fellow Anglicans in Nigeria were being attacked by Muslim mobs. The church has been divided by the question of its openly homosexual clergy and gay marriage. The organization is being split by these issues. African bishops are splitting from there Western bishops who are demanding that all churches in the communion embrace their views on homosexualty.

"In all liklihood, the forcing of same-sex marriage will lead the African churches to withdraw from communion with the Western churches--while the churches of Europe and North America will denounce the African churches, choosing allegiance with standard-issue Western liberalism over the orthodox teachings of their own faith.

And thereby the world will lose one more of the old ties that might have bound it together. Freed from their African anchor, the Church of England and the Episcopal Church in America will move even further in a pro-Muslim, anti-Israel direction, providing yet more cover for fashionable liberal anti-semitism."1

1 Joseph Bottum, "The End of Canterbury," The Weekly Standard, 19 December 2011, pg 24-25.

Yes Williams is a wolf. Rowan Williams is also a practicing Druid. The Anglican Church System is bogus, trust me i know what i'm talking about, they will reunite with the Catholics because there are Catholics already with them. If your in the Anglican Church System Your going to be hindered spiritually. Flee Organized Religion and be a KJV Bible Believer.

Well, you make it so clear that KJV is a "religion" that we don't even need to debate it. And that is a real shame. What you should have said is "flee organised religion and believe in CHRIST". Let's not make the KJV a religion, because the gospel is a living God, not a specific translation of the bible. And please try not to infiltrate threads unrelated to KJV with this stuff.

i think your wrong here. Anyway You didn't answer anything concerning Rowan Williams, are you an Anglican? What is your religion because it is hard to tell

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Wiliams dropped out of Society for the Protection of Unborn Children. In 2008 he called for Britain to enact some form of the "unavoidable" sharia law even while his fellow Anglicans in Nigeria were being attacked by Muslim mobs. The church has been divided by the question of its openly homosexual clergy and gay marriage. The organization is being split by these issues. African bishops are splitting from there Western bishops who are demanding that all churches in the communion embrace their views on homosexualty.

"In all liklihood, the forcing of same-sex marriage will lead the African churches to withdraw from communion with the Western churches--while the churches of Europe and North America will denounce the African churches, choosing allegiance with standard-issue Western liberalism over the orthodox teachings of their own faith.

And thereby the world will lose one more of the old ties that might have bound it together. Freed from their African anchor, the Church of England and the Episcopal Church in America will move even further in a pro-Muslim, anti-Israel direction, providing yet more cover for fashionable liberal anti-semitism."1

1 Joseph Bottum, "The End of Canterbury," The Weekly Standard, 19 December 2011, pg 24-25.

Yes Williams is a wolf. Rowan Williams is also a practicing Druid. The Anglican Church System is bogus, trust me i know what i'm talking about, they will reunite with the Catholics because there are Catholics already with them. If your in the Anglican Church System Your going to be hindered spiritually. Flee Organized Religion and be a KJV Bible Believer.

Well, you make it so clear that KJV is a "religion" that we don't even need to debate it. And that is a real shame. What you should have said is "flee organised religion and believe in CHRIST". Let's not make the KJV a religion, because the gospel is a living God, not a specific translation of the bible. And please try not to infiltrate threads unrelated to KJV with this stuff.

i think your wrong here. Anyway You didn't answer anything concerning Rowan Williams, are you an Anglican? What is your religion because it is hard to tell

I agree with the article Babbler put up, already Anglicans are leaving their organization, but it might be a stampede if things continue the way they are headed...However when

Rowan Willaims retires, it is quite possible that Sentamu will be elected...and therein lies hope, if only he doesn't promise so much and give so litlle ... like Carey did when he

got into office as a prominent Evangelical, but clammed up when his voice could have made a difference...he is being more vocal in these last few years though.

The Anglican communion varies from place to place...I have worshipped in some excellent congregations, and many times it is more dependant upon who the vicar is, than

adherring to various modern Synod rulings...which I believe are largely ignored by many when they contravene what the Bible says.

I also endorse what Candice said...which is pretty telling and rather sad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

cough the anglican church gave the world the kjv bible. king james was very anglican. that said.. man well god is god and those that are in him and are so will always be in him if they so choose.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

No I am not Anglican. I have been to quite a few different denominations and none of them perfectly fit my preferences for worship and nuances in theology, but I align closest to the Australian Baptists (which can be quite different to the American Baptist denominations). The Anglican Church in Australia is in severe disarray and I don't think I could worship there in good faith nor sit under their pastorship, to be honest.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Know your Bible, people--inside and out, backward and forward, and have a firm foundation in the faith. Jesus even warned that some of ELECT will be mislead.

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. ~Matthew 24:24

And if you look through history, persecution always has roots WITHIN the church/religious establishment itself--not in the world.

For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? ~1 Peter 4:17

No I am not Anglican. I have been to quite a few different denominations and none of them perfectly fit my preferences for worship and nuances in theology, but I align closest to the Australian Baptists (which can be quite different to the American Baptist denominations). The Anglican Church in Australia is in severe disarray and I don't think I could worship there in good faith nor sit under their pastorship, to be honest.

That helps when i know what background people are from, i remember a time when the Primate Anglican Director of Australia denied that the Lord Jesus had been resurrected, and i see similarities between the Roman Catholics and the Anglican Church in Australia. The Anglican Church started of well in the 1600's but now it is nothing like that today.

I agree with the article Babbler put up, already Anglicans are leaving their organization, but it might be a stampede if things continue the way they are headed...However when

Rowan Willaims retires, it is quite possible that Sentamu will be elected...and therein lies hope, if only he doesn't promise so much and give so litlle ... like Carey did when he

got into office as a prominent Evangelical, but clammed up when his voice could have made a difference...he is being more vocal in these last few years though.

The Anglican communion varies from place to place...I have worshipped in some excellent congregations, and many times it is more dependant upon who the vicar is, than

adherring to various modern Synod rulings...which I believe are largely ignored by many when they contravene what the Bible says.

I also endorse what Candice said...which is pretty telling and rather sad.

i dont see any hope for the Anglican Church to be honest, once one starts believing what they believe they are trapped, and what does the word "vicar" , "reverend" , "canon", "father", "priest" really mean? hmmm i dont see how anyone can claim them titles for themselves

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/22/1971

I am sorry to say that I am a little saddened by some comments in this thread as they don't show a true understanding of what is happening within the Anglican church in England. I am currently attending a Church of England church so maybe I can shed some light on what is actually the case.

Firstly the Church of England is made up of various 'flavours' (I have stubbled to find the right word) - yes there are plenty of liberals, anglo-catholics but there is also a very strong and thriving evangelical stream within the Anglican church that is very opposed to what is happening in relation to many things, including homosexuality. These churches are standing firm albeit that this may lead to division with more liberal anglicans. I have worshipped in many churches as I have moved around the country: I always attempt to find the church that helps me and my family grow in Christ and ensure that there is solid Biblical teaching; sometimes I have worshipped in Baptist churches (sometimes I have found Baptist churches to be very weak in Biblical teaching) and sometimes I have worshipped in Anglican churches.

Secondly I am grieved by the liberal direction that my country and that many with the Anglican church are taking. It is very ironic that the main stand against liberal values (for example the current debate on homosexual marriage) is taken by the Catholic church and the Muslim faith; it is a gut wrenching indictment and condemnation of what is happening to the Anglican church in this country. However, there are plenty of Christians in Anglican churches across the country who would feel exactly the same way as I do. What is interesting is that the evangelical wing of the Church of England is expanding (in terms of congregations) whilst the rest of it is declining. It would not surprise me that just as there maybe a schism in the world-wide anglican church if there is also a schism within the Church of England with liberals, catholics and evangelicals all going their separate ways ways.

I hope that is a helpful picture. However, please PRAY for this country and for the Church of England - although it's influence is being diminished on an almost daily basis it still holds a lot of influence in this country.