IGNORED

Christians have no right to wear a cross to work?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Firstly, there are Sharia courts in Texas, so they're not a particularly British phenomena.

As to crucifixes people should be free to wear religious symbols if they wish, but do we need indeed should we wear these graven images?

I had to look that up, but you are right. Texas does have a Sharia court. How sick is that! First 9/11 and then they are allowed to hold court? If a Christian tried to have their own court, it would be shot down. We are in more trouble then I realized ... :taped:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Firstly, there are Sharia courts in Texas, so they're not a particularly British phenomena.

As to crucifixes people should be free to wear religious symbols if they wish, but do we need indeed should we wear these graven images?

The cross is not actually a graven image, at least not in the way God forbade it in the OT. Also, wearing the cross is a public way to proclaim our faith, AND while some see I as an instument of death and sadness, I see it as a symbol of God's love and my own salvation. Don't let legalists convince you a cross is wrong. I think Jesus would wear a cross today. He kinda did already, but a far bigger one than I have.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

This is the spirit Bible believing Christians are up against.

This isnt about whether its jewlery, nor about whether its a requirement for a religion, these are just pretexts.

I see the article 9 of the European human rights is the same defense of manifestation of religion as enshrined in article 18 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

This is spiritual. When it comes to gay and Christian issues some are blind to what is actually written.

Edited by brightmorningstar

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i looked sharia law in texas and found nothing to substiate that claim as well knowing muslims as i do. surely that would be busy.

Wouldnt it be great if all Christians (or most at least ) wore crosses to work one day. Would they be able to sack them all? I mean I am so thankful and joyful for the cross, it has made the way to eternal life.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

i looked sharia law in texas and found nothing to substiate that claim as well knowing muslims as i do. surely that would be busy.

Just google "Texas Sharia Court".

The important point to remember is that in the USA and inthe UK muslims, jews and other religious groups have theirown courts/tribunals to settle civil (not criminal) disputes between members of that community who chose to use those courts rather than the official civil legal system.

As long as all paties involved are willing to accept these judgements I see nothing wrong with this

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Just google "Texas Sharia Court".

The important point to remember is that in the USA and inthe UK muslims, jews and other religious groups have theirown courts/tribunals to settle civil (not criminal) disputes between members of that community who chose to use those courts rather than the official civil legal system.

As long as all paties involved are willing to accept these judgements I see nothing wrong with this

Again, there is no designated 'Sha'ria Court' in Texas; one court handled a divorce proceeding between two muslims by using this system of laws. It will likely be the only one because the legislature here is working to ban any application of Sha'ria in this state. Let's keep it real.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, I wear a red & white lapel pin which says: I LOVE J.C.! I'm asked all the time, Who is J.C.? I reply, "It's not Johnny Cash or Juliua Caesar or Joseph Carpenter: It's Jesus Christ!"They look, they repeat it back to me and we proceed to converse. Amen, Jesus! "That I might by all means win some!"

Personally, I wear a red & white lapel pin which says: I LOVE J.C.! I'm asked all the time, Who is J.C.? I reply, "It's not Johnny Cash or Juliua Caesar or Joseph Carpenter: It's Jesus Christ!"They look, they repeat it back to me and we proceed to converse. Amen, Jesus! "That I might by all means win some!"

Amen, Praise God \o/

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's about freedom of religion, and it's about a lack of tolerance. Sure, in many ways crosses have become nothing more than a piece of jewelry. However, there are those for whom it has significance.

More often than not, the same ones who make a fuss about a decorative cross around a person's neck are likewise those that tell Christians to be more tolerant of other's beliefs and lifestyles.

This is most definitely a spiritual war.