• Vote yor conscience even if you know they won't win

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Vote for which you would vote for if it did come down to Obama and Romney. I did not make this a public poll.

I am editing this post to clarify.

If it came down to just Obama and Romney being the only two possible winners for the White House, who would you rather see in the office of President?

It does seem that nobody would want to see Obama in for a second term, which is what I was looking for, BUT, at the same time, I was trying to point out that if you don't vote for the opposition, as history has proven, you may in fact allow Obama a second term by not supporting the better of the two evils.

Many people have claimed that they believe Obama will win a second term. If he does, it can only be because of a certain reasons. One would be martial law, that some have claimed will happen. Another would be because the majority wants him in and have voted that way. Yet, there is another reason. People refuse to vote for either of the two because they do not stand for what they believe. The last reason does not help to remove Obama from office. It could very well be the reason why he does win. Instead of voting against him in a way that would remove him, they vote for who they would like to see win, despite the fact that their choice never will win.

I see this as a two part question, the more I look at it. One answer is to vote for the one you want to see elected. The other is to vote to remove Obama. When these two are not the same, which is more important to you? If you know that your vote will not remove Obama, but you vote that way anyway, does it matter to you that Obama wins another term?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I won't vote for either one either.

I understand your positions, but that is not what I asked. I added other options to choose from.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I understand your positions, but that is not what I asked. I added other options to choose from.

Well, now that you've expanded the choices, I guess I'll be wasting my vote by writing in a candidate or voting third party. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

Well, now that you've expanded the choices, I guess I'll be wasting my vote by writing in a candidate or voting third party. :)

same here.

I can change your vote if you want. PM me. if you don't want to post your change here.

Ah, some may see my choice of words as a bit offensive. Throughout our voting history, no write in has ever won presidency. Though one will vote this way to vote their conscience, which I have done, their vote is basically wasted when it comes to voting in a president.

I can't choose any of the options because none of them are viable. Voting one's spiritual convictions is not "wasting a vote." The wording is poor, false and unrealistic.

If you have three choices on a ballot, and two of them favor abortion in some way, and one does not, are you wasting your vote to choose the option that does not support abortion simply because that option has no chance of winning?

I thought I explained my reasoning, but it appears you don't see it that way. My reasoning is not unrealistic, when you write in a vote or vote for someone who everyone knows will not win, you are voting your consensus, yet, your vote only counts for that purpose. You may not like it, but history has proven it to be fact that there have been no winners that came out of the shadows to win in the US history.

I modified the wording so not to offend you or anyone else, including myself, who may choose to not vote for either.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Right now, my choice is "I don't know".

But I guess it doesn't matter. I live in a Democratic-dominate state. The electoral vote for my state more likely than not will go to Obama no matter what I vote.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm curious (but trying to be very polite in asking, I hope it comes across)... what motivates you to vote for a third party or a write in, rather than not voting? What is the difference between those two options for you?