WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Again are these rules made up by neighborhood watch organizations or are they laws voted on by a governing body?

I can only speak for our neighborhood watch program..... We (the people in our neighborhood watch) voted and agreed that we would not allow anyone who was on watch to carry weapons. now if you want to exercise your second ammendment rights, that's fine, but you can't be an official watch person if you are going to do so. It is not a government decision, it was ours but it was done as a recomendation from our local police department and they spent quite a bit of time explaining why........ and this situation in Florida was a large part of it.

Our neighborhood watch people have special assess to the police department and the response to our requests is extremely fast if there is any danger.

However, none of us know what happened in Florida so why are we at each other so much....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

]Again are these rules made up by neighborhood watch organizations or are they laws voted on by a governing body?

I beg to differ, I do believe it is a violation of the 2nd amendment, not to allow law abiding citizen to carry a firearm, neighborhood watch or not. Why is it okay for the average Joe citizen to carry a gun down the street and it isn't okay for a neighborhood watch person to carry a gun down the same street? I guess neighborhood watch people are immuned from assault, they must wear a sign that reads "I'm neighborhood watch, you can't assault me".

(As you can tell, I'm pro gun and when somebody or a governmental body wants to take a gun from my hand, that is an act of war.)

There are other guidelines associated with neighborhood watches also...having a gun isn't the only one Zimmerman didn't follow----- guess following people is easier than following guidelines. bdap ching.

The reason I said about it seemed you thought Martin couldn't do bodily harm, was in reference to a post you made why, why back. You said something about Martin not being two hundred plus pounds and I quoted that you know darn well you don't need to be a big man to kill a person. It doesn't take a big person to wrap their hand around a knife or a gun, a twelve year old can do that.

You are confusing me with someone else.

If a stranger was following you what would you do?

If a stranger were following me, I would run away (specially if I were unarmed). If I were armed, couldn't evade, and I felt that I was surely being followed for ill intent, I would turn and point my pistol at center mass. If that doesn't stop a person from following you, that person is hunting trouble and it could be time to squeeze the trigger. How many people do you know that would knowingly walk into a gun pointed at them. I think I would get the hint that this guy doesn't like me following him.

And what if they continued to pursue you and you are unarmed?

Situation would dictate what to do, crowded street in broad day light, I most likely wouldn't pull a gun. Walking alone on a deserted street and there was no possible means to evade the confrontation, I would pull a gun. (I have the right)

So situation dictates that you have the right to defend yourself when you are being followed...case closed.

There are other guidelines associated with neighborhood watches also...having a gun isn't the only one Zimmerman didn't follow----- guess following people is easier than following guidelines.

Guidelines are not laws.

Maybe I am, if so I apologize.

So situation dictates that you have the right to defend yourself when you are being followed...case closed.

No, no, not closed, If you feel threaten with bodily harm and can't evade (yes), but only a fool would attack an alleged stalker unarmed. Martin should of ran as fast as his feet could carry him and you know it, that is the biggest Mistake Martin made and it cost him his life. The grave yards are full of people who made the wrong choices and Martins one of them.

There are other guidelines associated with neighborhood watches also...having a gun isn't the only one Zimmerman didn't follow----- guess following people is easier than following guidelines.

Guidelines are not laws.

No, no, not closed, If you feel threaten with bodily harm and can't evade (yes), but only a fool would attack an alleged stalker unarmed. Martin should of ran as fast as his feet could carry him and you know it, that is the biggest Mistake Martin made and it cost him his life. The grave yards are full of people who made the wrong choices and Martins one of them.

No one said they were laws, but you cant consider yourself a neighborhood watch volunteer if you are not willing to follow the guidelines.

No problem brother.

Your last comment doesn't even warrant a response. It is actually rather pitiful.

If somebody don't follow the rules, you bar them from the organization, simple.

My last comment was reasonable, I wondered from the get go, why didn't Martin run instead of confront. Maybe Zimmerman did make a wrong choice by following (legally I don't know), Martin made a bad choice by confronting Zimmerman, Martin would be alive today if he would of ran, wouldn't you agree?

Guidelines are not laws.

No one said they were laws, but you cant consider yourself a neighborhood watch volunteer if you are not willing to follow the guidelines.

No problem brother.

Your last comment doesn't even warrant a response. It is actually rather pitiful.

My last comment was reasonable, I wondered from the get go, why didn't Martin run instead of confront. Maybe Zimmerman did make a wrong choice by following (legally I don't know), Martin made a bad choice by confronting Zimmerman, Martin would be alive today if he would of ran, wouldn't you agree?

No..Martin would be alive if Zimmerman had simply let the police do their jobs, wouldn't you agree?

Have we heard all of the 911 tape that was not edited? I've heard so many different stories it's hard to keep up with reality.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Guidelines are not laws.

No problem brother.

I see blame the victim not the attacker!

Guidelines are not laws.

No problem brother.

No..Martin would be alive if Zimmerman had simply let the police do their jobs, wouldn't you agree?

Yes I agree, but I think Martin and Zimmerman both made a bad choice, as my mother always said "two wrongs don't make a right".

Guidelines are not laws.

No problem brother.

I see blame the victim not the attacker!

Do you really know for sure who the victim is and who the attacker is? (I'm not sure) Either the attacker was killed and the victim was defending himself, or the victim was killed and the attacker shot him for some reason I can't figure out. I'm trying to think of why Zimmerman would shoot a man in that situation, other then self defense, what was his motive? :noidea:

Guidelines are not laws.

No problem brother.

Have we heard all of the 911 tape that was not edited? I've heard so many different stories it's hard to keep up with reality.

Was he on 911 when the everything happened?

if he followed our rules he would have been.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Do you really know for sure who the victim is and who the attacker is? (I'm not sure) Either the attacker was killed and the victim was defending himself, or the victim was killed and the attacker shot him for some reason I can't figure out. I'm trying to think of why Zimmerman would shoot a man in that situation, other then self defense, what was his motive? :noidea:

Zimmerman followed Trayvon.

If Trayvon was kind of freaked out that someone was stalking him, and reacted in self defense, at that point there would be a fight. If Zimmerman in the course of that fight then drew his gun and shot Trayvon, Zimmerman is screwed.

Zimmerman was almost certainly not in immediate life threatening danger even if he was on the bottom in that scuffle. For a conflict that took a good 30 seconds, he got first aid treatment (from the Police, not even the Paramedics) and walked into the station without so much as a bandage on.

If a bar fight that ends in a death is second degree murder, this isn't much of a stretch for that.

Guest shiloh357
Zimmerman followed Trayvon.

If Trayvon was kind of freaked out that someone was stalking him, and reacted in self defense, at that point there would be a fight. If Zimmerman in the course of that fight then drew his gun and shot Trayvon, Zimmerman is screwed.

The narrative that is coming out now says that Zimmerman had stoppd following Trayon when Trayvon confronted him. If so, Trayvon initiated the fight and it was Zimmerman on the ground calling for help and drew his gun in self-defense. That is not murder. Possibly manslaughter.

Zimmerman was almost certainly not in immediate life threatening danger even if he was on the bottom in that scuffle. For a conflict that took a good 30 seconds, he got first aid treatment (from the Police, not even the Paramedics) and walked into the station without so much as a bandage on.

Actually, he rejected the first aid offered by the paramedics. It wasn't the case that his injuries were so minor that he didn't need first aid from the paramedics. He refused it when offered by them. Photos have emerged of the injuries he received including lacerations and bleeding from the back of the head.

Secondly, in the heat of a fight, you may or may not know just how much danger you are in. In the heat of a scuffle you can't know just what the other person is thinking or if they may inadvertantly do something to you that is life-threatening. You sort of have to expect the worst.

If a bar fight that ends in a death is second degree murder, this isn't much of a stretch for that.

This can't be compared to a bar fight.