WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

OZ. In our neighborhood watch people are not allowed to carry weapons, but we can and do sometimes carry radio's. It's not a state law, just one of our watch rules. We all voted on it and I'm glad that is the rule.

We also do not allow people to confront people that shouldn't be here.

Some of us who do carry understand that very very few people have gone through the training to keep things like the death of Trayvon from happening. Getting excited and firing a weapon in a city is also very unsafe because it's hard to impossible to know where the bullets might go if one misses his target. Police officers are trained and practice these things off and on throughout their careers.

Ruck, he was walking down the street in a gated community..... he wasn't supposed to be there and that makes him suspect. I do agree that Zimmerman should not have confronted him, and I can't say that I've heard that he did...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

We also have a well renowned Harvard Law Professor stating that Murder charges will not get past the Judge.:thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357

Is it possible that they are just running him through the court system to legally clear his name, and get the world off his back??

He's probably not facing court until 2013. That's an awful long time to run someone through the system.

Well, when you have groups of people like the black panthers and the nation of islam who basically have a bounty on his head, it might be the only way of keeping him alive.

So why haven't the Black Panthers been brought to justice. This is America. You can't put bounty on people's heads. Why has no legal action been taken? They have not done this in secret. They have been on the radio calling for the death of Zimmerman. The authorities know who has been doing this, and it is a violation of our laws.

It is pretty tragic that this group of thugs and publicly call for someone's capture/death and even put a bounty on his head and no legal action is taken against them. It reflects very poorly on the Dept. of Justice. I should not be suprised, I guess. The Black Panthers were threatening people at one polling station that I know of back in the 2008 elections and should have been arrested and weren't.

Is it possible that they are just running him through the court system to legally clear his name, and get the world off his back??

He's probably not facing court until 2013. That's an awful long time to run someone through the system.

Well, when you have groups of people like the black panthers and the nation of islam who basically have a bounty on his head, it might be the only way of keeping him alive.

So why haven't the Black Panthers been brought to justice. This is America. You can't put bounty on people's heads. Why has no legal action been taken? They have not done this in secret. They have been on the radio calling for the death of Zimmerman. The authorities know who has been doing this, and it is a violation of our laws.

It is pretty tragic that this group of thugs and publicly call for someone's capture/death and even put a bounty on his head and no legal action is taken against them. It reflects very poorly on the Dept. of Justice. I should not be suprised, I guess. The Black Panthers were threatening people at one polling station that I know of back in the 2008 elections and should have been arrested and weren't.

I think that problem is that the panthers are not in Florida and Obama isn't going to do anything to upset the black or islamic vote.

I jsut read on a CNN email that the prosecutors are saying that he profiled, then confronted Trayvon and killed him in the insuing confrontation..... if that's the case, he's in real trouble I would think..... but Florida has some very liberal laws about self protection.

But I still really don't know what happened so I'll hold off my personal judgement till the trial.

Guest shiloh357
I jsut read on a CNN email that the prosecutors are saying that he profiled, then confronted Trayvon and killed him in the insuing confrontation.....

That is the popular narrative, but it doesn't makes sense. If he were profiling someone with the motives that are being assigned to Zimmerman AND he had a gun, why would there have been a confrontation?? it would seem that if Zimmerman were the racist killer he is being made out to be, then he would have killed Martin before any possible confrontation.

There is another narrative that says that Zimmerman stopped following Martin when he was told to stop and that the confrontation occured when Trayvon approched Zimmerman was trying to get to his automobile. Martin had Zimmerman on the ground and Zimmerman is heard to called out for help by multiple witnesses. Zimmerman fired his weapon as a last resort when no one stopped to help. His intent to kill or just to injure Trayvon is not known. Zimmerman, according to that narrative acted purely in self defense and only resorted to deadly force when no other option was available to him.

We will see in court which narrative is the authentic narrative.

Guest shiloh357

I think that problem is that the panthers are not in Florida and Obama isn't going to do anything to upset the black or islamic vote.

Well they are apparently in Florida because they are posting flyers on telephone polls and other places in Sanford, Florida calling for his death. If Obama is not taking action against these slimeballs, it says a lot about him as a president and only solidfies my opposition to his presidency. It also says a lot about his character. I would like for the Dept. of Justice to explain why they will not arrest and prosecute the Black Panthers. I would like for them to explain why their public calls for the murder of an American citizen is not a prosecutable offense in their eyes.

I would also add that their refusal to prosecute the Panthers is a crime in and of itself and they are derelect in their duties and there should be hearings to that effect. This is not the wild west. We are a country of laws and it is agasint the law to incite murder.

Well they are apparently in Florida because they are posting flyers on telephone polls and other places in Sanford, Florida calling for his death. If Obama is not taking action against these slimeballs, it says a lot about him as a president and only solidfies my opposition to his presidency. It also says a lot about his character. I would like for the Dept. of Justice to explain why they will not arrest and prosecute the Black Panthers. I would like for them to explain why their public calls for the murder of an American citizen is not a prosecutable offense in their eyes.

I would also add that their refusal to prosecute the Panthers is a crime in and of itself and they are derelect in their duties and there should be hearings to that effect. This is not the wild west. We are a country of laws and it is agasint the law to incite murder.

LoL, don't hold your breath for this to happen.......

And for the record, I personally don't have a clue what did happen, I was just posting what the prosecutor had told CNN.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Now Ruck you caused me to ask some questions.

Is there really a law that says neighborhood watch can't carry a gun, or is it a list of rules that somebody made up?

If a person can't carry a gun on neighborhood watch, isn't that in violation of the second amendment?

Is it really illegal to follow a suspicious person in your neighborhood, even if the 911 operator says not? (grey area)

There is no doubt Zimmerman killed Martin, but since when is self defense classified as murder? Wasn't Zimmerman attacked from behind?

You keep calling Martin a Kid, is he really a kid if less then a year he could join the military?

You make it sound like a seventeen year old can't do bodily harm, what makes Martin innocent?

Look up the some of the rules for neighborhood watch volunteers.

Nope, I think its for the safety of everyone involved. You are to watch...and then report what you see.

I didn't say it was illegal, but it put a definite hole in the self defense claim especially when the 911 operator tells him not to.

Speculation, there is no way we can say he was attacked first, its a living mans word against a dead mans.

Is he not a kid? He wasn't an adult (although Fla statues say he is) ..he still couldn't vote, he still couldn't join the military, he still had to go to school or be suspended for truancy...for which he was at one point. Hmmm. That doesn't sound like an adult to me.

When did i make it sound like he can't do bodily harm. Like I said in an earlier post if my kid were being followed by a stranger...I would want them to do everything in their power to get away. If that means fighting back then so be it. You ask what makes him innocent? What made him suspicious? What made it necessary for him to be followed? If Zimmerman had just stuck with making the call..observe (watch) the direction in which martin was going we would not be talking about this. The problem is since this was made out to be a racial issue common sense flew out the door. We live in a time of kidnapping, pedophiles and many other things that can happen. If a stranger was following you what would you do?

Again are these rules made up by neighborhood watch organizations or are they laws voted on by a governing body?

I beg to differ, I do believe it is a violation of the 2nd amendment, not to allow law abiding citizen to carry a firearm, neighborhood watch or not. Why is it okay for the average Joe citizen to carry a gun down the street and it isn't okay for a neighborhood watch person to carry a gun down the same street? I guess neighborhood watch people are immuned from assault, they must wear a sign that reads "I'm neighborhood watch, you can't assault me".

(As you can tell, I'm pro gun and when somebody or a governmental body wants to take a gun from my hand, that is an act of war.)

The reason I said about it seemed you thought Martin couldn't do bodily harm, was in reference to a post you made why, why back. You said something about Martin not being two hundred plus pounds and I quoted that you know darn well you don't need to be a big man to kill a person. It doesn't take a big person to wrap their hand around a knife or a gun, a twelve year old can do that.

If a stranger was following you what would you do?

If a stranger were following me, I would run away (specially if I were unarmed). If I were armed, couldn't evade, and I felt that I was surely being followed for ill intent, I would turn and point my pistol at center mass. If that doesn't stop a person from following you, that person is hunting trouble and it could be time to squeeze the trigger. How many people do you know that would knowingly walk into a gun pointed at them. I think I would get the hint that this guy doesn't like me following him.

Situation would dictate what to do, crowded street in broad day light, I most likely wouldn't pull a gun. Walking alone on a deserted street and there was no possible means to evade the confrontation, I would pull a gun. (I have the right)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK guys . . .

How about we let the court - who will be presented with all the testimonies and all the available evidence - try the case?

We can't solve what happened based in conflicting reports via the news media.