IGNORED

Ever wonder what others think of Christians?

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Well, I did go over there and read the thread about Worthy. Pretty vile and sophomoric, to say the least. It's not the first time I have encountered this sort of thing. There are other sites that have threads devoted to mock Christians from certain other sites. I have been the subject of a lot of comments at one in particular! In fact, there is a site, 'Fundies Say the Darnedest Things" where I have been quoted and mocked and cursed a few times.

Matthew 5:44

But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!

Romans 12:14

Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.

I count it all joy...

Matthew 5:11-12

“God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

agree-Copy.gif

I think of things like this as the seeds we have sown, while it may look like they have fallen on rocky ground, some may in time find rich soil and come to know Jesus, because of what we may have said or not said. The best we can do is sow the seed and water them, but we can not make them drink, only The Holy Spirit can lead them to pick up the cup. Even then some will and some will not.

ICL~~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hughsie, when you come back to read this - I appreciate your invite, but the only reason I would have to join your board is to attempt to defend this one . . . and I suspect I'd end up no better than this guy.

As an assistant to the mods, I can only provide second-hand information.

To anyone else reading this:

When you have guys over there talking about: "I am going to open a thread reviewing them, and intend to do this for every Christian site I can find," and "I think I can help with a script that will automatically backup/synchronise certain target threads to this server at regular time intervals. That way if they go swinging the ban-hammer I can keep a snapshot of the thread content for everyone. It can be made public once it's over," what are we supposed to think of the intentions of the people on your board?

When you guys keep cussing us out and judging our behavior, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

When you mock us for what the founder decided to name the website, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

When you criticize and complain about how our board is managed, what are we supposed to think of your intentions?

No, I wouldn't feel safe on your message board at all.

LOL - now that I just painted a target on myself...

:beehive:

:laugh: We all got one of those in this fallen world!

The trick is not to shoot ourselves..........

:laugh:

. . . or shoot the wounded . . . :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I wouldn't make the same blanket generalizations this group has, but I will say that most of them came here with their minds already made up about us. I never saw Hughsie be anything but respectful, but some of his pals over at TTA seem to think he was only "humoring" us. I won't judge him either way on that. He seems to be sincere enough. Most of the rest of them don't seem to have come here with anything but mockery on their minds.

I agree that some of our debates can get a bit heated and that emotions sometimes get the better of us and we react without censoring ourselves as much as we should. But I flat out reject the idea that atheists like most of the group that has targeted these forums are anything close to objective in their condemnation of us. They came here looking for things to make fun of, get angry about, and nit-pick at. They've called us hypocrites because of the name of the site, claiming that we're all self-righteous and presumably calling ourselves "worthy" simply because that word is in the site name. They don't care if their conclusions are accurate. Nor do they make much effort to be completely forthright in relaying details about the site and how it's laid out and operated.

Just as an example, at least one of them accused us of being "secretive" because every person who joins isn't granted permission to post in any thread they like. However, the truth is that they can READ anything they want. So I'm not sure how that translates to us being "secretive." The only "locked" forums on the site are the ones dedicated specifically to youth, women, and men. The reason for this is not even remotely dire or secretive. These three forums are aimed at specific groups and are locked so that those groups can feel secure discussing topics that they might not feel comfortable discussing where the whole world can read their words.

This is just one of the ways they have consistently misrepresented this site. The basic point is that they can climb up on their high horses and claim superiority all they like, but they are the ones who mounted an "assault" (their word) on us. And they continue to plot ways to "sneak" (again, their word) back onto the site, meaning they fully intend to break the TOS by misrepresenting their identities.

I will never cease to be amazed at how a group like this can use underhanded tactics, vulgar and abusive language, and blatant sanctimoniousness, yet accuse us of being self-righteous, bigoted, and pretty much any other negative you can think up.

While I completely agree that we (Christians) could always be better at projecting the love of Christ, I don't think we deserve the vast majority of insults and judgments being levied on us from TTA.

Guest shiloh357
I will never cease to be amazed at how a group like this can use underhanded tactics, vulgar and abusive language, and blatant sanctimoniousness, yet accuse us of being self-righteous, bigoted, and pretty much any other negative you can think up.

I have been to other atheist websites/messageboards and they always devolve the conversation into ridicule and belittlement if the Christian remains steadfast. When they run out of intellectual steam, they resort to childishness and hate. Tolerance is a one-way street with them. They whine and blubber about how resstrictive we are, but it was atheists who made those restrictions necesssary. I was here BEFORE the restrictions were in place. The atheists harrassed Christians over the PM system, they harrassed Christians in the prayer forum and generally tried to spread their inane drivel into every place where dialogue relative to the Christian faith was taking place. It got to the point where Christians could not dialogue without atheists jumping in to hijack the conversation. So, they were rightfully restricted.

These whiners complain about censorship and pretend that they are too much of a threat and so we ban them to protect ourselves but we still have plenty of atheists who have been here for some time who continue to dialogue with us and we accomodate their desire for dialogue. The problem I have seen is that we get these atheists who come on our site all fat and sassy and think that they possess some superior intellect that is going to embarrass us or sink us. I have been here a long time and so far, no atheist that has ever been here has been much of a threat. They are intellectual lightweights that come on here with the same warmed over stew that countless atheists have tried to use before.

So when you read their thread and all the bluster they spew out, it is just a bunch of angry little people with nothing important to do and nothing of inherent value or importance to offer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

I found Hughsie was respectful enough... no problem.

My experience of forums for several years has been a certain type of atheist/secuarist exists and these same people seem to crop up in many forums. (That isnt denying that there are also people like myself who crop up on many forums). But they end up trying to rid opposition from the forum and silence everyone. They are not represntative of all atheists but they are representative of a certain group... and I have not found the religious/atheist argument has caused the 'deal breaking' problems, nor creationism/evolution, nor infact pro-choice/pro-life abortion, but homosexuality.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Before I ever became a Christian I never thought of myself as an Atheist. I just considered myself as someone who simply did not know. To me and Atheist is not someone trying to learn of the Lord or to consider their personal condition, they state there is no God. If they are not for God they are an enemy of God. I feel their intentions are to cast doubt and tear down the temple of the Lord. Sure they will tell you they are not an enemy of God, their father is the father of lies. I don't think much of politically correct things of the world and I feel like this is one of the politically correct things of Worthy. I keep seeing over and over this example of friendship and fondness for all members claiming to be Atheist . I take offense to those who speak against or try to cast doubt in my Lord and that's not what I'm on Worthy to hear. I may very well be snubbed even worse for saying this but so be it, I'm a big girl, I can take it. I love my Lord Jesus and I'm here to praise and learn of Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

One

thing...I can agree with them on is the limitation. Even as a believer, I was

limited to where I could post. So more intense discussion that would have been

the most insightful and educational for me I was denied until I made 100 posts.

The guilty till proven innocent thing rang bells for me....

Every member here had to have 100 posts to post there.....it isn't just you.

Do not think it was right that they played us...but can we perhaps learn

something from it....like perhaps...maybe not to segregate so much. Have been

member of other christian forums and they did not right up off the bat inquire

as to my beliefs. It is hard to feel welcome when there is already separation

from the begining.....

Well, here is my two cents. Worthy has to know who is coming in; imagine letting atheists, muslims or whatever post whatever they want to throw out there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think it is a bit wiser to get both sides of the story before just swalling it all hook line and sinker.

So a fisherman in your water would starve to death :thumbsup: Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Closed to clean this up.

I deleted a lot of posts that were misunderstood, or posts that quoted some part of such a post.

Let's remain on topic. I so do believe we have a lesson to learn, no matter what their plan was in coming here.

they came to fulfill Scripture in themselves - either they will be drawn by The Father to the truth or they will see the truth

and all excuse will be removed from them for why they will not come! It is a poor excuse to hold to that which ends and they know this even though they cover it extensively with their deer in the headlight claims! Love, Steven