IGNORED

Does God ever do things that make you laugh?

Ladyhrtlovesu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I love all the ways (big and small) God surprises us in our day to day lives. We have such a personal, one on one God who gives us the individual desires of our Hearts when we obey and keep his commands. Its so easy to get wrapped up in whats going on in our lives to forget to look for all the tiny ways God is telling us he is near, he has us in his sight, and he cares. Reading how God interacts and blesses us and yes, even laughs and uses HIS sence of humor to get our attention is such a nice way to be reminded of God's goodness towards us. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

As a matter of fact, yes He does. Every time I look in the mirror! Morning hair, scratchy day old beard, saggy skin, and He tells me I am beautiful in His eyes. :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Two instances come to mind.

One was recently. My husband and I were playing miniature golf and goofing around. I hit great shots at 2 holes in a row. One was even a miracle shot lol. Mike did poorly on those holes, even where his ball bounced out from a hole in one and it was instead a par 3 or so. In a kid like sing song voice I said God likes me best lol.

The next two holes I got par 6 each. Nothing went right lol. Guess God showed me lol.

The other instance happened a few years ago. I wanted a chocolate shake while we were out running around. The drive in was packed and I figured I didnt need the calories anyway and sure didnt feel like waiting around. So we went across the street to another drive in for a soda. When they handed us our sodas, they also gave me a free chocolate shake. Apparently they were giving them away that day as a promotional event. This also showed me more than other larger events how great His love for us is, in that He cared enough to give me that shake.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

After work today, I decided to do some trout fishing. After a couple hours of having no luck, but still enjoying the quietness of God's play ground, I decided to sing a hymn to myself. With my fishing rod in my hand and the line in the water, I began to sing "Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord".

Just like that (snap of a finger) a lunker of a trout hit my bait and surprised the heck out of me. I was laughing while I was reeling the trout in, saying to myself "I should sing hymns more often while fishing". Well when the trout got to within about five yards from the bank, I lost it. :o

Now I suppose you all think I was then down in the dumps, really I wasn't. I just grinned and said "God, you got me good that time". :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

I had to laugh last summer. For some reason, I had decided to wear a pair of good earrings to walk the dogs. Perhaps because I didn't think I was getting enough use from them and didn't want to leave the pretty little things sitting in my jewelry box months on end.

Well, I lost one somewhere in a 13 acre dog park. While very disappointed, I chalked it up, but kept the other earring thinking I could have a ring made or something. (btw, why is it ALWAYS the good earrings and NOT the cheap knock-offs that get lost?)

So, more than a month later I'm at the same park, walking the same dogs, praying about this and that, and how great it would be if I could find that earring, Lord. About 50 yards from my supplication, my eye went RIGHT TO THE EARRING, mixed amongst the the No.2 gravel that covered part of the trail. Didn't even try looking for it, my eye just focused right on it! So now I'm thinking, "Nah. I'm sure the stone (Citrine) is broken and it's of no value anymore. But God (the two most awesome words in the dictionary) saw to it to turn the earring upside down so that the stone remained intact an unharmed even when being trampled under foot. I laughed because I could not believe it, and because I have such a wonderful Father who cares for me and loves me--even bringing sound closure to the most incidental of mishaps, and even when my prayer feel, well, so menial and shallow.

After these things (Μετὰ ταῦτα), I was in the park again several days later, where much to my shagrin, the gravel road had been paved over with asphalt. And I had to tell Him, "Boy, you sure like waiting til the last moment, don't you?" :wub:

To God be the glory. And I have used this moment as a witness with people whenever I wear these earrings--which of course, is more frequent than in the past.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Of course God enjoys a good laugh. He has the best and innermoat of inside jokes.

"Death where is thy sting?" lol

Psalm 2:4 "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

Hes the wisest of wiseguys.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Yes, every time I see a liberal, I want to laugh. (I don't, but I want to.)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  80

Loving the stories! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Every morning when I wake up... My alarm clock went on the blink a week ago and I was determined not to purchase another... I am awakened precisely at 6:30 a.m. each morning by a woodpecker.... Yep.... every morning for a week.... Gotta love it! :thumbsup: