"Jesus Would Not Approve Of Abortions" President Carter

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i wouldnt say that they arent all working.

I didn't say that they were not all working.

sadly many dont work nor want to. i have seen this first hand.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In this new age of Atheism and the disinterested Church for Public Service we have to have the government...

there will always be those who are disabled who cannot work.

Guest shiloh357

In this new age of Atheism and the disinterested Church for Public Service we have to have the government...

actually, the problem is deeper than that. It goes back to the desentigration of the family. There was a time when families lived closer together and even lived with each other. They took care of their own members, and no one needed social security because children looked after their aging parents. Now the parents live in LA and the kids live in Boston and they only see each other once or twice a year. Children don't care about their parents the way they should.

We have lost all sense of what it means to be a family it seems. People live for themselves and instead of being a blessing to their family, they become a burden because of bad, irresponsible choices. Now, everyone else has to come behind them and clean up their messes. Irresponisble people pass that down to their children and it is a never ending cycle of self-destructive choices and no solid family structure that might have prevented those choices in the first place.

Sir, my wife cant work, nor dad ,nor my aunt. all of these are for real reason. but alas my sister who can work wont. her doctor that pushed for her disability after he couldnt attend had another read the history of her case to the judge. that same man after meeting my sister said had he known it wouldnt have her on disability. my dad has gran mall epileptic seisures. my sister petite mall. my dad worked for years with his condition(over my life time) yet my sister not even four years at the most. she is able to write and and do math. she can focus and drive is she so chooses. that said she is a lot better then she was years ago. i would rather not go into her wonderful personality at this time as we have reconciled but she hasnt changed on our work ethic. my pastor preached on this.

i quote

its a crying shame that we have 12 years old that can't use a push lawn mower. its a shame when mothers wont allow their kids to be kids. kids arent here to not work nor our parents to owe them a living. they should work and work is what makes you a better person

my step-grandson is unable to operate a simple lawn mower/blower/ stick edger/weed eater to my standards. therefore, i educate him on these matters.he lives in my house he WILL earn his keep. he will do chores, he will help me. for nothing that i have ever asked him is something that i havent done or will not do myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

there use to be a time in (not so long ago) when Americans participated in the primaries of both Parties. Unlike most countries that have multiple Parties to reflect the peoples' true views we are only stuck with 2.

Couple that with the fact that almost no one in this country votes (we historically have the lowest voter turn out) and you are left with both Parties essentially being controlled by fringe elements & big corporate business.

The poor of this nation need the Democratic Party. There will always be those who are downtrodden and disabled. And in a country separated by church & state and with a growing number of atheists who reject the Church we must have a Party that espouses the issues of the poor....

Pro Lifers please sign the petition below affirming you support a Pro Life Democratic Party

http://www.ipetition...tition/bigtent/

Agenda!

The poor in this country need the Democratic party like they need another hole in their heads. The Democratic party created the dependency on entitlements that has burgeoned in the last 3 decades and is increasing at a rapid and unsustainable pace. Then the Democratic party encouraged and championed people to enjoy their status as a member of entitlement programs. And the party did this to guarantee themselves a healthy little voter block. Make an entire class of people dependent upon you, and you guarantee yourself that you and others of your ilk will always have a job. The democratic party works very hard at one thing and one thing only: Sustaining itself. It's the party of the morally bankrupt, and always will be. It boils everything down to the lowest common denominator, and likes it that way. There will never come a day in my life when I will support the Democratic party in any way, shape or form.

Since you are not dealing with individual posts, points and questions, can we assume that you are simply here to parachute in with drive-by posts singing the praises of the Democratic party? And just in time for an election cycle!

Agenda!

wink.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'd like to know who's idea it is to send a young person to college and run up $40,000 or more in student loans and come out with a BA degree that only about 5% of the graduates have any job opportunities at all.

I'd like to know who's idea it is to send a young person to college and run up $40,000 or more in student loans and come out with a BA degree that only about 5% of the graduates have any job opportunities at all.

can you back this up?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

G'morning!

I find it intriguing, especially on a Christian forum, to find a debate about secular political parties.

How is it possible to pray for the Kingdom of God to come and then trot oneself out and vote for the Governance of man? When humans wanted a human king, God called it an act of faithlessness and warned us that we would regret it - and most of us do!

I fail to see how voting in secular elections can be reconciled with such admonitions as 'Keep yourself without spot from the world;' 'Friendship with the world is enmity with God;' 'Do not be loving the world or the things of the world, for the world is passing away and so is its desires, but he who does the Will of God remains forever,' and many more like these.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

G'morning!

I find it intriguing, especially on a Christian forum, to find a debate about secular political parties.

How is it possible to pray for the Kingdom of God to come and then trot oneself out and vote for the Governance of man? When humans wanted a human king, God called it an act of faithlessness and warned us that we would regret it - and most of us do!

I fail to see how voting in secular elections can be reconciled with such admonitions as 'Keep yourself without spot from the world;' 'Friendship with the world is enmity with God;' 'Do not be loving the world or the things of the world, for the world is passing away and so is its desires, but he who does the Will of God remains forever,' and many more like these.

Good morning, and welcome to Worthy!

As in many other things, Christians are all over the map when it comes to politics. Some are libs, some are conservative. Some believe in big government, some want smaller. Some (like me) even have libertarian leanings.

It's a good thing our Salvation does not depend on our politics.

If we keep things in perspective and remember that - ultimately = Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, then we will be okay (I think). Early on in my Christian walk, I came into contact with many fine Christians who's political leanings were diametrically opposed to mine. So, this has been a tough lesson for me to learn personally, and I'm sure I'm "not completely there" yet.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

G'morning!

Wanting a human figure head was possibly one of the worst errors in judgement made in man kind's walk with God. God did warn, yet in man's pride still demanded such. Goes to show...we reap what we sow.