pentacostalman777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I can't wait until the western Church moves past the debate of tongues and on to operating in the greater gifts. There's a world that needs Jesus and we have been given every tool we need to reach them. That is why we are asked to seek after the best gifts, especially prophecy.

Probably not going to happen IMO. Haven't you noticed that the West prefers to believe in superstition, the occult and fortune tellers rather

than God? While God continues to be mocked, the occult grows every day.

If you are thinking of prophecy as in future events? I would not agree as I do not see that as the NT emphasis...if you mean the proper forth telling

of the word, then I would agree. I think prophecy of future events lies more in the realm of personal events ....like the prophet to Paul concerning

his future inprisonment....than world events...I guess there is plenty of room for interpretation in the prophecies we already have that have

not been fulfilled...dating, IMO, is not a good thing either when it comes to world events or grand scale events

I think that too many people think prophecy as a gift means an OT prophet...even they actually expounded upon the already given

word...with exceptions such as Daniel, but most were warning people about the coming wrath of God because of trespasses against

God's REVEALED word....we basically have the same happening now IMO

God absolutely will allow people to suffer the consequences of their sin and if you have no 'prophet' telling them that, you often have

'prophets' dispensing weird dreams and visions that did not actually originate from a heavenly source, but rather a soulish or even a

demonic source

Sevenseas:

Well yes you do know if someone is faking tongues I just wish that the fake interpretations of tongues would also be as noticeable...

(in churches where they make a habit of one person speaks in tongues and then someone supposedly has an interpretation)

I only seen this in operation doing small pray groups. It was always one guy that would interpret as that is how the Lord used him. I hear tongues in Church, but I don't think anyone expects someone to stand up and interpret. Speaking in Tongues is pretty normal, and you certainly don't want to expect or force some interpretation.

No....please don't force LOL! One church where I went for a while (after a move and we were looking for a church in our new area) there were

a couple of older gentlemen...EVERY single Sunday...man a would stand up and go on in tongues and when he sat down, man b would stand

up and speak in English. EVERY single Sunday and always the same thing: my beloved people...I am so pleased with you...you are following

me.....I hear you, I'm happy with you ...just add sugar and mix....no one corrected them....my guess they were both big contributors to the coffers

Church numbered about 150 or so

As for false prophets, I have never heard a prophecy that would encompass the flocks of another Pastor that had been correct. The Pastor is anointed to take care of those given, and any prophecy for the direction of believers would be given to that Pastor or flock for direction, or edification.

Those that claim a prophecy that covers all believers is full of pride and confused.

I SO like that point about roving prophets that think God has anointed them to blast strange congregations. Why would God even do that, right?

The kings in the OT KNEW the prophets and the prophets were for the nation...doesn't quite function like that now. I personally knew someone

who thought they had that ministry....ANY church they went to, God needed them to tell the congregation they didn't worship right, didn't

love God enough and were bad all week long. Can you guess what the real problem was? I've thought that God was actually trying to get

through to that individual and that all the words of warning should have been applied personally. sigh

If God needs those bodies to have the message, he is more than able to give everyone the same thing.

I guess we already have 66 books that prove this LOL!....but I know what you mean...I too marvel at the attention to detail that shows the

handiwork of God and the exactness of how things come together when He is 'speaking'

I am not sure how much healing is suppose to make. God has used me to lay hands on those that needed healed and healed instantly. I never made a dime from it. If there is a book on how to cash in big time, then let me know. (Joking!!!)

Know you were joking....but some people are living in mansions gained from the free gospel...it's not the gospel of Jesus though

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I only seen this in operation doing small pray groups. It was always one guy that would interpret as that is how the Lord used him. I hear tongues in Church, but I don't think anyone expects someone to stand up and interpret. Speaking in Tongues is pretty normal, and you certainly don't want to expect or force some interpretation.

Jesus Is Lord.

Paul wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that if there were no interpreter that the person should not speak in an unknown language, he certainly did expect an interpretation or silence.

1 Cor 14:27-33 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret. 28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God. 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. 30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Edited by allofgrace

:unsure: now we know.....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I can't wait until the western Church moves past the debate of tongues and on to operating in the greater gifts. There's a world that needs Jesus and we have been given every tool we need to reach them. That is why we are asked to seek after the best gifts, especially prophecy.

Probably not going to happen IMO. Haven't you noticed that the West prefers to believe in superstition, the occult and fortune tellers rather

than God? While God continues to be mocked, the occult grows every day.

May be the occult is growing because the Church has stepped down from a place of power and into a place of refuge mode. With the draw of the occult growing in America, I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to do. With satans kingdom rising through it, it's going to be a greater fall. In area's of the world where witchcraft is dominate you find the greatest exploits of God's power. God offers us His power to bring HIs Kingdom, but in the western world we kind of dull it down to only knowledge and debate. I'm finding alot of people in the occult are people hungry for somthing real and when they finally turn to the Lord, they are all in. Many of them have gone to church looking to see if there is a God and just find a hollow religion of do's and donts, and because they don't encounter the real God through the people of God, the devil is quick to give them counterfit power and experience. Some of the boldest believers I know came out of satanism and other forms of witchcraft because they experienced the power of God and now they are the most powerful and dedicated evangelists I know. Power belongs to God and demonstrated through believers, the devil mimics what the Lord is doing through the occult much like Aarons rod and the sorcerers rod. I believe He's raising up some radical believers in these times who stand firm in the power of His love.

1 Corinthians 4:20 For the Kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

With prophecy, I'm not making a point for what prophecy is, I'm simply saying God tells us through His word to seek after it so I'm going to seek after it.

1 Corinthians 14:Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

No, the tongues will not cease today, they ceased long ago upon completion of the revelation of the completed NT.

1 Corinthians 13:8-12

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

You must think the time has already come for "that which is perfect has come" came already? If this is so, then why do we still know in part? Why has knowledge not vanished away? Why have we not put childish things away yet? Why do we not know as we are known. The answers the all the questions is because "that which is perfect" has not come yet.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

I am with OneLight on this one, and need to ask you if that is your stance on tongues, what is your stance on miracles and healing?

Joshua

I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to do.

I'm pretty much going to go with John's Revelation on that one ;)

With prophecy, I'm not making a point for what prophecy is, I'm simply saying God tells us through His word to seek after it so I'm going to seek after it.

Isn't it good to know what it is a person is actually asking for? You know, to avoid deception? Maybe that's just me.......... :mellow:

We are also allowed to ask for wisdom and understanding...according to the revealed Word....

anyway, that is how I see it and understand it

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

We are also allowed to ask for wisdom and understanding...according to the revealed Word....

:thumbsup:

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Joshua

I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to do.

I'm pretty much going to go with John's Revelation on that one ;)

Isn't it good to know what it is a person is actually asking for? You know, to avoid deception? Maybe that's just me.......... :mellow:

anyway, that is how I see it and understand it

I agree, it is good and important to know what a person is actually asking for. Prophecy is often abused and manipulated because of a lack of understanding of prophecy. In this thread I'm not seeking to give deffinition because the context of this thread. Right now, I'm studying and seeking the Lord for better ways to define it and get a more clear understanding of it. My point wasn't to say Prophecy is this, but to say that if we are hung up on tongues we are hindered from seeking the greater gifts.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158

Butero

AllofGrace:

Paul wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that if there were no interpreter that the person should not speak in an unknown language, he certainly did expect an interpretation or silence.

NO, you misunderstand what Paul was saying. That whole section is about doing things decent and in order in a church setting. Do all speak in tongues, NO!!! most should be quite and listen. My wanting to speak in tongues does not over ride the person directing the service and it's rude and immature to interrupt.

When the Pastor is praying, some silently and very quite pray in tongues, at prayer night WED they pray in the natural, then everyone prays a bit in tongues. Sometimes the Pastor will speak a few tongues getting directions for the message. All that is decent and in order.

I very rarely hear tongues in Church or I am not really listening. There is a time for it, and a time we should be quite. If I am visiting a Baptist Church, you can bet I won't be speaking in tongues.

Jesus Is Lord.

Then it should be easy for you to point out in the passage I posted to show where I misunderstood what he meant seeing as how I quoted the passage. I do have a fault in believing what is written than what someone tells me should be understood in another way. The whole point of the paragraph was that God is not the author of confusion and if there is no interpreter that means the Holy Spirit did not give the person any thing to say in a foreign language and they chattered on their own.

Edited by allofgrace