• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have only ever prayed in tongues once. I was by myself and it went on for about 45 minutes and I did not seem to draw a breath. It was after/during an intense session of reading and pray and meditation, and it came from nowhere. It sounded like a whole lot of languages combined, maybe more like Chinese or another Asian tongue interspersed with other sounds.

It was amazing because I could feel the worship flowing from me, and afterwards I felt a peace I have seldom felt.

It was tongues, it was worship, and it was me worshiping God.

Spurgeon (I like his stuff), said, "there are prayers that break the backs of words".

This was one of them.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 Corinthians 14:14-15

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

Paul is not speaking against praying in tongues. He is explaining that an interpretation is needed for anyone to understand what is being said to the body. Prayer is something we do in private. There is nobody around that needs to have an interpretation. Notice Paul said he will pray in both tongues and with his own understanding.

1 Corinthians 13:1

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

Notice Paul said tongues of men and angels. Why would he even mention angels if tongues were only the language of humans?

There are scripture that do speak about praying in tongues. There are scripture that speak about giving a message in tongues. There are scriptures about needing an interpretation when a message is given. Praying and a message are not the same. One is for the body and the other is for the person who is praying.

If you don't want to use this gift, that is your choice. Humans have a hard time allowing God into their lives, moving in a supernatural way, when it comes to things that they can not logically explain. Some are fearful that they are following a "demon" while others believe that this no longer exists, both believing that it is either a demon or some form of self-righteousness. Yet, no matter what people bring to show this is not always the case, they reject everything. Did not scripture tell us in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22

And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.

Perhaps it is time to look deeper into the subject and put away the denominational doctrine that is being brought here. To say that He can no longer do this or that is placing your ways above His.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,354
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If you don't want to use this gift, that is your choice. Humans have a hard time allowing God into their lives, moving in a supernatural way, when it comes to things that they can not logically explain. Some are fearful that they are following a "demon" while others believe that this no longer exists, both believing that it is either a demon or some form of self-righteousness. Yet, no matter what people bring to show this is not always the case, they reject everything. Did not scripture tell us in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22

And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.

Perhaps it is time to look deeper into the subject and put away the denominational doctrine that is being brought here. To say that He can no longer do this or that is placing your ways above His.

It is an odd thing this slotting of people in denominations.... as I know it is true some follow just because it is the group but not all.

Those engaged with their minds in desire to know His Word, to reason with God, to rely upon the foundation of the everlasting is clearly

a more lasting place then that which is scheduled to pass away.. Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

In the Bible, tongues were actual human languages. At Pentecost, the Disciples spoke the real languages of a diverse people who had come to Jerusalem. When Paul speaks to the Corinthian Church he points out that all the languages of the world have meaning.

Do you have any idea how many languages are in the world today? There are over 7000 and that does not count the thousands of dialects.

We do not know that the disciples spoke different languages. The text states they spoke in tongues and the crowd HEARD their own language.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a]as the Spirit enabled them.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b]10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?” Acts.2

But, Pentecostals don't speak with actual languages, so you can't develop objective translations from their tongues.

FYI, Pentecostals are the least of your worries. Spirit filled Catholics speak in tongues, Baptists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, you name it and if

they are saved and spirit filled, they will often speak in tongues. It is not a Pentecostal phenomena anymore than it was when the JEWISH

followers of the Messiah spoke in tongues

Respectfully, but truthfully, you sound more like an angry person than someone who is actually wanting to seek the truth. Your knowledge

of biblical precedent is woefully lacking and your research must amount to zero judging from your posts.

I am not nor have I ever been Pentecostal.

A question I ask of someone like you is you say you believe in God. Yet, God is invisible...you have never seen Him...apparently you may have

never felt Him, you refuse His Spirit and castigate those who have asked to be filled with His Spirit and have formed the very erroneous

opinion that only Pentecostals speak in tongues...which is utter nonsense

You refuse to acknowledge scripture after scripture provided in an attempt to educate you where you are sorely lacking and really, I came to

the conclusion some time ago that you are unteachable...which occurs when people refuse the Holy Spirit...BECAUSE the Holy Spirit

IS our teacher. YOU are not our teacher.

I really do not know the reason for the vitriol, but you must understand, you are railing against the Spirit of God and trying to prove that

He no longer is the One promised to us by our Savior, Jesus. So, I know you will continue on, but you are hardening your heart and

your anger is noticeable as you are making less and less sense as you continue to post in opposition against God Himself.

Surely you realize the import of that? What am I saying...of course you don't ...well, Jesus is alive and the Holy Spirit still moves

in hearts and in ways that are beyond the physical. NOTHING about Christianity is physical...even when someone is healed, it is

beyond the realm of physical

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”a made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us

Do you believe in Jesus? Do you really? He was dead you know and now lives again. Do you believe in salvation? Do you really? If you are truly

saved, then the Holy Spirit resides within you. If He resides within you, you are grieving Him no end and your heart is become hardened.

Is it not enough you choose to refuse to believe what scripture plainly states? You have not been a member here very long, yet, in that time, you have

choosen this thread as your base from which to declare to everyone your lack of faith and lack of desire to obey scripture and be filled with the Holy

Spirit.

Onelight:

There are things to be Obtained by faith that change our natural lives, and things to give us revelation in spiritual things.

So much Doctrine is made up when it comes to receiving things from God by faith. God heals, but I never seen that and sister Mary was a good Christian and we prayed and prayed but she died anyway, so Healing must be done away with, or God just picks who he wants to heal by a coin toss, but this believe and trust in God stuff about God never fails is just nonsense. I believed God a whole week, and confessed healing but nothing ever happened for me. I tried this tongues business but I never got Tongues.

No, the Word tried you!!! and you came up short.

Then we have knowledge things like Trinity Doctrine. I went through the whole thing again myself. So many believe it in, I never bought it, but some in my circles mention it as if it were true.

The thing is, we should seek, and understand that we just might be missing something that takes God Awhile to build a foundation on to receive. We give up and faint before God even has a chance to lay the first few foundational blocks (Mark 4)

And no, after a whole lot more study, I have concluded that Jesus is not a Egg Yoke, mashed into some "ONE" God system. He is not some "Entity" that is piece of the egg. He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords and is whole, fully God on his own. He is not his father who sits on his right Hand next to him.

The important thing is I took heed, and went over everything again, praying about it. I came troubled by the KJV and the way it translated some Greek Words. It's still my study bible though, that will never change.

Jesus Is Lord.

Faith is that of God's Word being received into a being who has decided that all of what they are is to be placed upon that

structure of Presence... it is of Spirit, it is foundational in both corporeal and non-corporeal exist, it is The Everlasting! Receiving it into

the heart (this heart as the Jews reasoned the center of the being) and replacing what is there with the contents of God's Word brings

responsibilities of sacrifice to flesh as it is stimulated by the world around and is passing away ... this sacrifice involves newness of

presence that of Spirit where the corporeal does not find resolve to be so therefore rejects thus the war! As we in s/Spirit walk in

this newness the flesh tries desperately to event a footing for itself in this journey ->It is to be denied<- We are to be separate from

the body and this world as both deliver a comfort of acquaintance and history but it is subtle and deadly and we are not to be a

people to look back but always forward to the place of being a people who have never questioned His Word in a place that would

never suggest to do so! Love, Steven

I have only ever prayed in tongues once. I was by myself and it went on for about 45 minutes and I did not seem to draw a breath. It was after/during an intense session of reading and pray and meditation, and it came from nowhere. It sounded like a whole lot of languages combined, maybe more like Chinese or another Asian tongue interspersed with other sounds.

It was amazing because I could feel the worship flowing from me, and afterwards I felt a peace I have seldom felt.

It was tongues, it was worship, and it was me worshiping God.

Spurgeon (I like his stuff), said, "there are prayers that break the backs of words".

This was one of them.

This is the closet of Union with God in intimacy ... I have had loss of word and groanings but was not given the experience of the tongues! The best way

I could describe it was a naked unfolding of being and God's Presence As Spirit testifying of connection remaining yet also going out from all that yet I am...

leaving in the wake of that reality a desire without words formed and hope in that which I do not understand but never the less the hope of one day being

there in the fullness of that witness... Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I believe it may be best understood by identifying the 2 witnesses as the Old Testament and the New Testament. The 2 witnesses are identified in the chapter as also being the 2 olive trees and the 2 candlesticks.

May I ask who or what you believe the witnesses are?

God bless

I believe they are what the bible says they are, 2 witnesses. I believe the context clearly says they are people. now let me ask you a qustion. If it is the old and new testament and not 2 people who are witnesses, then how can they be killed, or there bodies be left in the street, or God raise them from the dead and call them up to heaven in the sight of men. I think you are taking the verses out of context. they are 2 witnesses who's 3 and a half years of ministry is labeled as prophecy. which is biblical proof that the gifts are in operation at that time. so the gifts couldn't have ceased or passed away. Last question. It is improper use of scripture to take 1 verse and build a doctrine around it, that isn't supported by other scriptures. What and where is the other biblical verses that state the gifts, like speaking in tongues, have passed away?

Thank you and May God bless you

Firestormx

Joseph

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I know this to be true, I have one. :horse:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

May we take this one step at a time? I have stated I believe the 2 witnesses represent the 2 covenants. I gave some scriptural reasons for so believing.

You state that you believe the 2 witnesses are 2 people. Perhaps so, but you gave no scriptural evidence. You state that the context says so, but, if so, where?

Rev.11:3 says there are 2 witnesses. Vs.4 says the 2 witnesses are the 2 olive trees and the 2 candlesticks. I gave my understanding as to why they are the OT and NT. Before passing on to the 1,000 + days etc. I would like to hear your evidence for believing the witnesses are men.

Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

And I inquire of The Lord...and He gives me Acts 5:24 and I say, Lord...This has nothing to do with this topic..and then again...in the flesh...I am in prison...There is no freedom...For Wherever The Spirit of The Lord Is There Is Liberty...2. Cor. 3:17 Then I just need to look this up...Strong's: "liberty...2 Cor. 3:17" to free us from bondage...Not to bring us again into bondage but Jesus came to set us free FROM what we were born into...(when we were born into this world).

Acts 5:24...Now when the high priest, the captain of the temple, and chief priests heard these things, they wondered what the outcome would be.

(This is where...starting Acts 5:12: Through the hands of the Apostles, many signs and wonders were being done-Gifts of the Holy Spirit) believers were increasingly added...and the high priest rose up (a sect of the Sadducees) and all those that were with him...filled with indignation...laid hands on The Apostles and put them in prison...the Angel of the Lord opened The Door...so when the officers reported that they (the Apostles) were no longer in the prison...well this is where Acts 5:24 comes in...now the believers had gained in number...and the captain and officers brought them without violence because they (the officers) might get stoned!!! (People that know deep down that they are talking through their hat...are just waiting to get stoned) My my...then they were set before the council...saying: Didn't we command you not to teach in This name...you are going to bring this Man's blood on us!!! but Peter and the other Apostles answered and said: Acts 5:29We ought to obey God rather than men...and then they spoke that The God of their fathers had raised up Jesus Whom they had murdered by hanging on a tree...(This Man) God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. and Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit Whom God has given to those who obey Him...

Religion and Doctrine, I truly believe, have their place...They help us understand a little better...However; there is one scripture that says that pure and undefiled religion before God and The Father is visiting the widows and orphans in their trouble and to keep oneself unspotted from the world...James 1:27

My problem was: I was missing some of the Bible...believing as my grandmother believed...or at least what I perceived she believed...(I will reinterate that it is lack of teaching, lack of understanding and/or fear, that keeps many from exploring the possibilities of everything God is...and gives) and remember I didn't start with church...At 28...I had been to one vacation Bible School at the age of 12...(God was drawing me even then) but at 28, I had an experience where I was going to die without Him...and I came to Believe!!! Then I started really exploring and believing...well, then my grandmother had something to say-mainly out of fear...(All the time growing up if anyone asked me what was my religion-I put down what my grandmother said she was) but she never really taught me anything about what she believed...she kept all quiet about it all...

But when I was Baptised In The Holy Spirit...The initial physical evidence is speaking in an unlearned language...I have experienced as Botz explained it so well!!! And here are some things too that I have experienced and if someone has said this already I guess it bears repeating...Hahaha...All believers are entitled to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and therefore should expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. The baptism in The Holy Spirit was the normal experience of all believers in the early Christian church. With the experience comes the provision of power for victorious Christian living and productive service. It also provides believers with specific spiritual gifts for more effective ministry (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 1Cor. 12:1-31). The Baptism in The Holy Spirit is separate from salvation, and follows the new birth experience (Acts 8:12-17, 10:44-46; 11:14-16, 15:7-9) With this baptism come such experiences as an overflowing fullness of the Spirit (John 7:34-39; Acts 4:8), a deepened reverence for God (Acts 2:43; Hebrews 12:28), an intensified commitment to God and dedication to His work (Acts 2:42) and a more active love for Christ, for His Word, and for those who have not yet become believers (Mark 16:20).

I am so grateful it takes what it takes...I'm so grateful I didn't die before I got my miracle...I deep down wanted what I started learning about-in The Holy Bible...Desiring The Things of God...There is a verse that says: God will give us the desires of our heart...What do we really desire? It will show-whatever it is...And there is something to it about coming to God as a little child...God, I know nothing...I am nothing without You...Please, may I Walk In Your Spirit and not my flesh...My my...Please, lead and guide me into all Truth...

Something else I want to bring up...Up above I have taken some of what was written from the 16 doctrines of one particular "religion"...and there is not one bit of it that is "way out there"...It is every bit Biblical and gives scripture to back it up...And it includes the entire Bible...doesn't leave out parts of it...In closing finally...I so desire that you obtain the desire of your heart...In The Name of Jesus...