pentacostalman777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I know this to be true, I have one. :horse:

LOL...so do I....mine likes to play in his water

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,357
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. I know this to be true, I have one. :horse:

Is his favorite to play the seahorse?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

May we take this one step at a time? I have stated I believe the 2 witnesses represent the 2 covenants. I gave some scriptural reasons for so believing.

You state that you believe the 2 witnesses are 2 people. Perhaps so, but you gave no scriptural evidence. You state that the context says so, but, if so, where?

Rev.11:3 says there are 2 witnesses. Vs.4 says the 2 witnesses are the 2 olive trees and the 2 candlesticks. I gave my understanding as to why they are the OT and NT. Before passing on to the 1,000 + days etc. I would like to hear your evidence for believing the witnesses are men.

Thanks

I did give evidance revelation chapter 11. they get killed. there bodies are left in the streets. they are rasied from the dead called to heaven in the sight of men. Also, it says they can preform the signs in rev. chapter 11 at will. If they are not people, then how do they have a will? In short the context of the chapter in which they are talked about.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Haha...he likes to dump his buckets and make a mess...messiest horse I ever owned actually..but he's just a babe...not quite 3 and

too smart for his own good...we have to devise special things to keep him in his stall...he gets out and creates havoc in the barn,...he has

set the chickens loose and then he eats their grain and he goes into everything and then when you walk in he looks at you and runs

into his stall and puts his face into the corner

Seriously...he really does that LOL!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

May we take this one step at a time? I have stated I believe the 2 witnesses represent the 2 covenants. I gave some scriptural reasons for so believing.

You state that you believe the 2 witnesses are 2 people. Perhaps so, but you gave no scriptural evidence. You state that the context says so, but, if so, where?

Rev.11:3 says there are 2 witnesses. Vs.4 says the 2 witnesses are the 2 olive trees and the 2 candlesticks. I gave my understanding as to why they are the OT and NT. Before passing on to the 1,000 + days etc. I would like to hear your evidence for believing the witnesses are men.

Thanks

I did give evidance revelation chapter 11. they get killed. there bodies are left in the streets. they are rasied from the dead called to heaven in the sight of men. Also, it says they can preform the signs in rev. chapter 11 at will. If they are not people, then how do they have a will? In short the context of the chapter in which they are talked about.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I thought thats what your answer world be. There are 2 witnesses. You contend (if I understand correctly) they are people because they are killed,their corpses lay in the road and they are later raised to life and they can perform all sorts of miracles. The witnesses are 2 in number according to the text, so, just exactly WHO are they?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The Holy Spirit did not give their names so you are asking a question that cannot get a scriptural answer only speculations. But if I were to speculate, Enoch and Elijah. But most surely not named Old and New Testament. :biggrin2:

sevenseas

FYI, Pentecostals are the least of your worries. Spirit filled Catholics speak in tongues, Baptists, Anglicans, Presbyterians, you name it and if

they are saved and spirit filled, they will often speak in tongues. It is not a Pentecostal phenomena anymore than it was when the JEWISH

followers of the Messiah spoke in tongues

The truth in God's word does not seem to be limited to denominations. I went to a baptist service done by a local Baptist pastor for Truck drivers. I figured it's best to be in Church, even if baptist don't believe like I do. The Pastor gave a good Baptist sermon, but at the end started speaking in tongues and then he had words of Knowledge and wisdom from some truck drivers. Me included, which confirmed what I thought the Lord had been dealing with me on the last couple months.

I was amazed, but I came with the heart to receive something though Baptist are Polar opposites of what I believe. God used him to get me back on course.

After service I walked up to thank him and asked... Wow, you speak in tongues. He smiled at me and said, don't tell nobody, I am a baptist Pastor, and some don't take to kindly to that. He said what they don't know though, He uses to help his congregation. He then winked at me and said, Our secret, I have to preach in line with what is expected, but I have tools to back up what I preach now.

Praise God!

Steven!!

What is more easy to believe.

1) After praying the prayer of repentance for someone, that they accepted Jesus and are now born again. (The most powerful miracle)

2) After you lay hands on someone to be healed they will definitely recover, and the Lord show you any hindrance.

3) That you yourself believe on the name of Jesus and you will speak with tongues, enriching your spiritual walk.

4) The the sun will be up the next morning, as by faith we know the Planets were framed in place by the Word. (Heb 11)

Jesus Is Lord.

more easy to believe? This frame of thought you present me with is revealing to me

we are not of the same mind on this! Belief is not fashioned in being for my acceptance- a thing 'IS'

because God 'IS' and Says it 'IS' so! My belief changes nothing to what 'IS' ... As you know God wills and does of His Good

pleasure -and- because His Way, His Truth, His Life 'IS' all that 'IS' everlasting then my belief 'IS'

Ro 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,

to those who are the called according to His purpose.

NKJV

Now as I understand God's Word He' IS' without effort in anything that 'IS' so all things are possible for Him and nothing

is to hard. The only thing that remains is His Good pleasure in the giving of His Children's requests so as to work out

the above verse every time in every way without fail! This is my expectation not so much as I ask be it done-

for now you understand I am yielded to the outcome to be exactly the perfection of His answer to my request without fail!

Col 2:4-7

4 Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words. 5 For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am

with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As you therefore have

received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have

been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving

NKJV

Through His Word both His Living Person and written I am established and being built up in a most perfect transport called

faith... Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hi gdemoss, in response to your post 475, If the kingdom is YET to come then why did Paul and John teach that they and the saints with them WERE IN the kingdom at the time of their wriings???

You bring up a perplexing and difficult to understand concept. How can Paul and John amongst others be in the kingdom and the kingdom have not come yet? A very excellent question. The answer lies in understanding the truth behind what Jesus is saying here:

Jhn 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

Are we not citizens of heaven, though we be here upon the earth? Do we not come before the throne of God to make prayer and supplication with thanksgiving? Does the kingdom of God, which is within us, have to have come in order for this to happen or do we enter it through the narrow gate that only few actually find?

One day the kingdoms of this world will be the kingdoms of our God and the kingdom of heaven will be on earth but that day has not yet come. Jesus' kingdom is not of this age but of that which is to come. And until that day come, tongues will not cease, nor the need for knowledge or prophecy as then the whole world will be filled with the knowledge of God instead of being filled with the ignorance which is in them today.

Be of good cheer, there is much better things to come for us.

Haha...he likes to dump his buckets and make a mess...messiest horse I ever owned actually..but he's just a babe...not quite 3 and

too smart for his own good...we have to devise special things to keep him in his stall...he gets out and creates havoc in the barn,...he has

set the chickens loose and then he eats their grain and he goes into everything and then when you walk in he looks at you and runs

into his stall and puts his face into the corner

Seriously...he really does that LOL!

yes stuff like this deepens the wonder of our Father :) I missed so much in my youngerrrrr years :( I am trying to catch up now... LOL!