pentacostalman777

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi gdemoss, in response to your post 475, If the kingdom is YET to come then why did Paul and John teach that they and the saints with them WERE IN the kingdom at the time of their wriings???

You bring up a perplexing and difficult to understand concept. How can Paul and John amongst others be in the kingdom and the kingdom have not come yet? A very excellent question. The answer lies in understanding the truth behind what Jesus is saying here:

Jhn 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven.

Are we not citizens of heaven, though we be here upon the earth? Do we not come before the throne of God to make prayer and supplication with thanksgiving? Does the kingdom of God, which is within us, have to have come in order for this to happen or do we enter it through the narrow gate that only few actually find?

One day the kingdoms of this world will be the kingdoms of our God and the kingdom of heaven will be on earth but that day has not yet come. Jesus' kingdom is not of this age but of that which is to come. And until that day come, tongues will not cease, nor the need for knowledge or prophecy as then the whole world will be filled with the knowledge of God instead of being filled with the ignorance which is in them today.

Be of good cheer, there is much better things to come for us.

"Givingt thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the powers of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" Col.1:12,13.

In the above, Paul definitely declares he and his fellow saints in Colosse were in the kingdom.

rejoice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

"Givingt thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the powers of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" Col.1:12,13.

In the above, Paul definitely declares he and his fellow saints in Colosse were in the kingdom.

rejoice

Agreed. But exactly 'what' that means must be understood. It does not mean that the kingdom of God had come.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

yes stuff like this deepens the wonder of our Father :) I missed so much in my youngerrrrr years :( I am trying to catch up now... LOL!

Well hang on....maybe animals will talk again too ;)

Speaking of which, I don't think a talking donkey would do any good in some cases.... :taped:

Think I'll go watch the blizzard

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Before I do though, I like what shiloh said in another thread:

If you can't demonstrate why my comments are wrong, I will simply assume that you can't and that this evasive tactic is simply a meaningless deflection away from the substance of what I said. Your inability to refute the substance of the points I made means that I my points stand as given.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight:

Perhaps it is time to look deeper into the subject and put away the denominational doctrine that is being brought here. To say that He can no longer do this or that is placing your ways above His.

There are things to be Obtained by faith that change our natural lives, and things to give us revelation in spiritual things.

So much Doctrine is made up when it comes to receiving things from God by faith. God heals, but I never seen that and sister Mary was a good Christian and we prayed and prayed but she died anyway, so Healing must be done away with, or God just picks who he wants to heal by a coin toss, but this believe and trust in God stuff about God never fails is just nonsense. I believed God a whole week, and confessed healing but nothing ever happened for me. I tried this tongues business but I never got Tongues.

I am sorry about your prayers not being answered. Yet, she being a Godly woman, she is now with Him. Rejoice in this.

I have been healed, and if was not because I won the toss. Neither is Gdd is sitting up there tossing a coin to determine who gets healed and who does not. That is a very disrespectful statement toward God.

So, essentially you are saying that if you don't have it, it does not exist? Scripture tells us that He gives gifts to whom He will, when He wills it. It sounds like your argument is not with the gifts, but with God for not giving you what you wanted when you wanted it.

No, the Word tried you!!! and you came up short.

Because I believe int eh gifts I come up short? How is that?

Then we have knowledge things like Trinity Doctrine. I went through the whole thing again myself. So many believe it in, I never bought it, but some in my circles mention it as if it were true.

The thing is, we should seek, and understand that we just might be missing something that takes God Awhile to build a foundation on to receive. We give up and faint before God even has a chance to lay the first few foundational blocks (Mark 4)

And no, after a whole lot more study, I have concluded that Jesus is not a Egg Yoke, mashed into some "ONE" God system. He is not some "Entity" that is piece of the egg. He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords and is whole, fully God on his own. He is not his father who sits on his right Hand next to him.

How to your read what happened at the baptism of Jesus. We have the Son of God in human form, Jesus; the Father speaking from His throne about His Son, and the Holy Spirit coming to rest on Him, anointing Him. We also have 1 John 5:7 which states "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." It is very clear to me that there are the Three, the Father, the Son (Word) and the Holy Spirit.

The important thing is I took heed, and went over everything again, praying about it. I came troubled by the KJV and the way it translated some Greek Words. It's still my study bible though, that will never change.

Jesus Is Lord.

Then I suggest that you dig into the Greek if you do not trust how the writers translated.

www.scripture4all.org

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I thought thats what your answer world be. There are 2 witnesses. You contend (if I understand correctly) they are people because they are killed,their corpses lay in the road and they are later raised to life and they can perform all sorts of miracles. The witnesses are 2 in number according to the text, so, just exactly WHO are they?

The scripture doesn't say. So anything I or anyone else says beyond scripture is just a guess. by the way, will you now answer my question and explain how the old and new testament will proform miracles, die, have there bodies lie in the street, and then get called to heaven. to be honest, I'm beginning to think your avoiding answering.

rejoice

Agreed. But exactly 'what' that means must be understood. It does not mean that the kingdom of God had come.

Think again. Paul said both he and the Colosians had been TRANSLATED INTO THE KINGDOM. If the kingdom had not come, HOW could they be in it?? Did they leave this earth and go somewhere else to where the kingdom was?? That was in Col.1:13. The WHOLE church was in the kingdom.

May we take this one step at a time? I have stated I believe the 2 witnesses represent the 2 covenants. I gave some scriptural reasons for so believing.

You state that you believe the 2 witnesses are 2 people. Perhaps so, but you gave no scriptural evidence. You state that the context says so, but, if so, where?

Rev.11:3 says there are 2 witnesses. Vs.4 says the 2 witnesses are the 2 olive trees and the 2 candlesticks. I gave my understanding as to why they are the OT and NT. Before passing on to the 1,000 + days etc. I would like to hear your evidence for believing the witnesses are men.

Thanks

I did give evidance revelation chapter 11. they get killed. there bodies are left in the streets. they are rasied from the dead called to heaven in the sight of men. Also, it says they can preform the signs in rev. chapter 11 at will. If they are not people, then how do they have a will? In short the context of the chapter in which they are talked about.