MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

not to play devils advocate here-but I see a lot of people who leave facebook because they are "hurt" by other people on here. I fail to see the reason here, you can be hurt just as easy by people on online forums, at work, church, etc. If we were to leave everything because people said hurtful things, wed stay at home with no human contact whatsoever. Yes, some people can be rude on facebook, but I learned a long time ago not to let stuff go to heart-if someone says something rude to me, oh well. If someone de-friends me, again, oh well-Its their loss. I have never defriended anyone-it doesnt bother me in the least bit, if they got a problem with one of my posts, life goes on.

No hurt here! I am quiting over privacy issues, and I don't enjoy it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I'm starting to get tired of it. I was able to reconnect with some old friends whom I had lost touch with. But I have also been hurt very deeply by people I met on there (Christians, no less).

The thing that amazes me is these people who have 1,000 friends or whatever. I can't fathom how a person can have that many friends. My total is less than 100.

I wonder if facebook will still be so popular five years from now.

I'm too amazed at the people who has the large number of friends listed. I believe this overflow occur when you start getting request from others who are on another friend list. As I stated I set an outline for myself. In life I have learned that the victory doesn't always come about in numbers..but from those who has heart. If I don't connect after a several months..I post the action I'm about to take and if I don't get a respond..I remove them. I move in the same spirit as I do here at Worthy..get to know you and then add you.. I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't had to remove many from Worthy... :clap:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings MG,

When I signed up for fb. I made an outline to what I would and wouldn't allow on my page..(as for the ads understandable). My page is only for uplifting and encouraging folks. It's also a way to share how proud I am of the accomplishments of family and friends near and far. I was very "surprised" at the friend request from so many of my children friends..whom I have known as babies. I'm also blessed that many reach out to me for advice concerning their daily lives by personal messenger..as well as their walk with Christ or those who are seeking. I even have a few Worthy friends on there.

I also have church family and people from the past..whom I have declined to accept..simply because..we have never had any connection other than in passing.

What I'm trying to say is..fb is what you make it. :emot-heartbeat:

It's great that you've had that experience on FB, but my background and life experience is a bit different. :)

I was disowned by my earthly family when I got saved, and lost most of my "friends" from my old life in the process. It was a great trade. There are people in my past that I frankly never want to hear from again. I was involved in many things I'm not proud of after meeting Jesus and the past is best left in the past. I know so many people who have had nothing but problems on FB, and there's enough trouble in real life for me that I really don't want any on the computer too.

Call me old school, but I'd rather have a face-to-face type relationship with others. :)

Walla..

I'm so sorry for your past challenges with family. But overjoyed you have been set free and is moving forward in the Lord. I'm old school too but with a twist..Enjoy the ride to where I'm going..but along the way..if something is going to rob me of the the joy..drop it off at the next bus stop. We may not get their together..but we'll get there. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

not to play devils advocate here-but I see a lot of people who leave facebook because they are "hurt" by other people on here. I fail to see the reason here, you can be hurt just as easy by people on online forums, at work, church, etc. If we were to leave everything because people said hurtful things, wed stay at home with no human contact whatsoever. Yes, some people can be rude on facebook, but I learned a long time ago not to let stuff go to heart-if someone says something rude to me, oh well. If someone de-friends me, again, oh well-Its their loss. I have never defriended anyone-it doesnt bother me in the least bit, if they got a problem with one of my posts, life goes on.

No hurt here! I am quiting over privacy issues, and I don't enjoy it.

I can more then understand the privacy issues-I have the same ones, I really dislike FBs lack of privacy. With that being said, Ive found ways to work around it-I dont post anything on FB that I wouldnt want the whole world to see, and a lot of the privacy issues can be solved with settings issues (though by default their set to wide open, and they arnt exactly open with how to change them which is annoying) So I can perfectly understand that.

As far as the thousads of friends, well some people see that as a competition to see whos the most popular. Im not opposed to having lots of friends on facebook-as long as their actively friends. I get friend requests from my friends friends-and I will accept them if I think their someone who actively wants to converse, and not just a popularity vote. If I know the person-friend or family I accept them-and if I think they honestly want to converse-as in trade information back and forth (agree with said info or not, you all know I love a good debate) then I accept them. I always enjoy making new friends-on facebook or anywhere else.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I did have a bad experience with facebook and I lost many relationships but sometimes pruning can be uncomfortable but beneficial. I lost no one that truly loved me and those that are with me are true. I have learned to always suspect the tongue wagger instead of the victim. Facebook is like a dangerously huge megaphone. My hubby is so wise, he told me once if you give a person enough rope they'll hang themselves everytime. Well she certainly has enough rope. Maybe this will turn out to be the big lesson for her. I pray so.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks.The Lord has blessed me with family that do love me. Those that I lost were those that didn't know my everyday life. Unfortunately they were my Dad's family and they have no idea that she talks about him the same way,no really much worse.. Dad has been gone for several years, I loved him so , I think that is one reason she has always been against me and two of my other sisters. She always said she hated him. It's a crazy and sad world sometimes. I love his sisters and brothers because they are a part of him and I am not about to tell them that he has been spoken so meanly about. Oh well it's for the Lord to deal with. He will shine his light in all the dark places.

Glad you got the help you asked for Monarchy sorry I am just now getting back to this thread.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Being it be Fathers Day, I want to share what was said in church today.

A man told the Pastor , he was so heart broken because , his son posted terrible things about his

Dad and Mom to all of his friends and whomever. The pastor told the Dad that, one day your son will realize what

he has done.

That is what is happening on facebook... people speaking badly of others , even their own

Dad , Mom, sisters, and brothers.

I had an account there at one time ,and it didn't take me long to get off of that website. Don't like to hear gossip.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Thats to bad love songs, but again though we can't blame facebook for that-if someones mad at someone else, they will say bad things about them behind their back in todays world, its not right, but is the fault of the person spreading those lies. Its a sin on their part-and facebook is just a tool they use to do it. Facebook is just software, unemotionaless, unthinking, software, it is up to the user to decide what to do with it. and some users are just plain irresponsible, but thats not facebooks fault, just like its not the cars fault that a drunk driver drove it into a lightpole.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i have about 60 friends, a very few from the work I retired from, and a few family. Most came from a small web board that shut down a year or so ago and we all agreed to meet on face-book.

What I post on face book is much the same I would post on here. We do some long messages with several people involved much like a thread here, with the exception that the whole world can't see our conversations.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Thats to bad love songs, but again though we can't blame facebook for that-if someones mad at someone else, they will say bad things about them behind their back in todays world, its not right, but is the fault of the person spreading those lies. Its a sin on their part-and facebook is just a tool they use to do it. Facebook is just software, unemotionaless, unthinking, software, it is up to the user to decide what to do with it. and some users are just plain irresponsible, but thats not facebooks fault, just like its not the cars fault that a drunk driver drove it into a lightpole.

yes you are right...it is not the website really....it is some of the wicked people splashing all kinds of hate ,bulling, threats, gossip, Lies, about others ,

and toward others.

Remember , the suicides of young adults was originated from there.

I think to me ...the place needs to be monitored all the time ...such as the Forums are. Not investigated after something bad happens. My opinion. LOL

What ran me off of there was ... a member of the family is constantly glued to FB ...she posts on the wall ,that she is going to visit and will be back in

an hour, or other things that she is doing... She posts everything on there. LOL Who Cares ??? Geee ...how boring.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I do have an FB account. Mostly family relatives I don't get to talk to much so FB is best avenue to know how everyone's doing. And it is easy since 3/4 of my family on both sides don't know how to sign. I recently got in touch with child hood friends on FB and also have some friends from few Christian boards. I set up my page for Limited/Privacy so no one can look my name up. My friend couldn't find me for a time until she ran into my stepmother and gave her a phone nbr for me to reach her. We found out we are on Facebook so I set my page to public so she could find my page then I reverted back to private.

Some of the games were fun to do but I didn't enjoy the updates. I noticed that now the requests for games don't show up on my wall.