Proud_Kenyan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What are some of the shortcomings of religion that we can think of?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It's customary to introduce yourself, on this forum, before you start with the controversial stuff.............

:)

No Faith

+/- 0.0000000000

~

Faith

The Strong

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Suit

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

The Master Says

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

The substance and central focus must be Jesus Christ, our living Lord and Saviour.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

God said the shortcomings of religions are when they do not do as follows:

Jam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

• bridle their tongue
  • visit the fatherless in their affliction
  • visit the widows in their affliction
  • keep himself unspotted from the world

This is all that I know that God spoke directly concerning religion. Nice, simple and to the point.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I think one of the shortcomings is this.

I remember when I got saved not a single person from church came up to me to offer any guidance. I think newly saved people usually do not have a great understanding of the bible and what it teaches. I asked several prominant members of church how. when, where, by who can I learn and finally a person that had came back from a 2 year mission trip started teaching me things i needed to know that would have taken quiet a while to learn on my own. A new christian may get an adda boy in front of the church but I think the church should go all out to help this new brother/sister learn important things quickly and not leave them to their own search of these things.

matt 10

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

many people who claim to be christian do not know or live by the above verse, the church needs to make sure they do.

heb 10

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

I think new christians should have these verses pointed out to them very early on.

1st pet 5

8 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

this is another one that should be pointed out for learning.

1st pet 1:7

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

they need to know they will be tested.

ecc 5:5

Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

this is an important decision they are making.

1 corin 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

temptation will come, also an escape

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Religions are their own shortcoming. Doctrines, traditions, observances, these sort of things obfuscate the truth. The pretentious appearance of faith accompanied by hypocritical judgement is the mark of the religious body.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Well...

Galatians 3:24-25 (KJV)

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Think of the Law of Moses as the religion of religions. God gave it to condemn / convict the world of sin and to show mankind we cannot save ourselves from the penalty of sin no way no how... least of all by religion. So we are to seek salvation from the Grace of God... not by something we can do (as if we truly could do anything)....

Ephesians 2:8-10 (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

True Christianity / Messianic faith is not a religion at all. It is a personal relationship with out God and Maker who created us and who became a man and who died for us and rose the third day that we could live and walk in him forevermore.

Religion... leave it to the lost.