• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The lack of specifics in time relate to the inability to pinpoint the day of Christs return to earth. No one is to know that. But the day of the Lord, or the beginning of the last segment of human history can be known, just not to those who are living in darkness. And this is the crux of the problem. Though we want to share everything with everyone, only those who are not living in darkness are allowed to receive. It isn't me who says this but God himself in his word.

Do you mean those living in darkness will not understand the message once they hear it, or do you mean those living in darkness aren't allowed to hear it?

Who decides who is and who isn't living in darkness?

Great questions. I mean to say that I understand the bible to be teaching that those who are living in darkness will not have what they hear to be revealed as truth unto them. Just as Peter could not know that Jesus was Christ without God the Father revealing it to him, the same holds true for every single revelation of truth from the word of God. God decides who is living in darkness and he has helped to define what that looks like in scripture for us so that we also may know.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, firestormx.

Shalom, firestormx.

In the spirit

Okay, and what does THAT mean?

If you don't know what the spirit is, or GOD's kingdom being in the spirit, or the devil and his principalities and powers being in the spirit then there is nothing I can say to you. If you wish to learn about the spirit pray, read the bible and seek christ. GOD bless

Don't be silly. I KNOW what (or rather, WHO) the Spirit is, and it's not that I need to "pray, read the Bible, and seek Christ" as though I was "unsaved." (Shame on you for even HINTING at that digression!) I'm simply and genuinely asking you to DEFINE what you mean! It's important! This is not just a "feel good" theology! You need to KNOW what you're talking about! So, I'm trying to ferret out from you what you mean when you say certain words and phrases.

So, I ask you again: What do you mean when you say, "in the spirit?" If you know, tell me, please. If you don't know, then just say, "I don't know."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Montana Marv.

I really don't like the term "in the Spirit", because in reality the Spirit/Comfortor is in us. He interprets our prayers, He gives us understanding, He gives us knowledge, He shows us Truth.

Sometimes one must determine who "is in the Spirit" the deepest. I have heard too many Godly pastors relating on the same topic/prophecy and being prompted by God or the HS, all come up with different answers/results. Who can we trust? This is why I take with a grain of salt those who say they are "in the Spirit" The Holy Spirits control on us is determined by our Will. Do we or do we not allow Him to take control in different aspects of our life.

If one has a dream or vision, it should be interperated by some other believer with that gift. Like, as Daniel prayed for the forgiveness of his sins, then the sins of his breathern (Israel), then once as pure in heart as he could be would he have a vision. I like the term, I was given a vision or dream when I was "pure in heart".

In Christ,

Montana Marv

Sounds good, but whom do you know that is "pure in heart?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Shalom, firestormx.

So, I ask you again: What do you mean when you say, "in the spirit?" If you know, tell me, please. If you don't know, then just say, "I don't know."

In the book of revelation, when the seals, trumpets, and bowels are opened and sent forth onto the world. It happens in the spirit. It has spiritual origins. it first takes place in the dwelling place of spirits,(spiritual origin) then manifests in this fleshly world. If that does not help you understand, then I don't know how else to explain it. there are angels and evil spirits. why can't we see them? because there in the spirit or in the spirit realm. where is jesus right now? can you drive a car to him? or fly a plane and reach him? ofcourse not, because he is not in a physical, fleshly place. but a spiritual one.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Well...A while back...I did the very same thing as OldShep...Boy Howdy...this has turned into a forest fire!!! But then again...For some things like the (oh dear) was it the lodge pole pine...that tree only bears seed if it's in a forest fire...I love it when that happens...I love it when we are seeking too...because we find...if we are patient and being still and knowing He is God...I learned early on that I could not get a message if I destroyed the messenger...and I learned that there is a message...every time... and either I will accept it...or I will reject it...or I will chew on it a while...but my brothers and sisters, I believe, we are being drawn by The Same Holy Spirit or we wouldn't be here...we just get to it different ways...let's celebrate just getting here!!! How about that? Let's Celebrate That We Are Not Perishing But Being Given New Life!!! And I guess this is as good a time as any...

...because I can't remember the chapter and verse- for verses- I'm having to ask The Lord where it is...then He made me look it up...Hahaha...I found it...Yeah!!!

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things...Romans 2:1

So right off hand...It not a good idea to say anything about anybody...we never know what God's doing...just never know...and it took me a while to see this verse in my own self...But every word that proceeds from the mouth of God or inspired by The Holy Spirit is true...

This thread has helped me a lot because I'm seeing exactly what I went through...I'm seeing so much...I'm seeing how it must have been in Tarshish...I get the names mixed up...anyway...a while back I went through the worst time of my life...and didn't know why...but again and again miraculously-God brought me the answer...After I started searching for it...and it was in the Book of Jonah...and there is nothing like being given a word "in the spirit" and not delivering that word...Feel like and wanting and asking to die-is only half of it...

Being "in the spirit" to me...is being led...supernaturally...the desires of my flesh are non existent for that period of time...and for me too...so much has happened to me and only later did I find it in the Bible...I didn't even understand some things at first...so reading Our Bible is like the uttermost important thing to obtaining all God has for us...The words are literally alive and will change us...is food for our spirit man...I believe that...I also know and believe there are many many mysteries...some He will reveal to us sooner than later and some He waits because we wouldn't be good at it yet...Hahaha...I believe that too...

Thank You Lord For Your Word...Let Us Give Heed...Lead and Guide Us If There Is Anything We Should Do...How Should We Pray Lord? Guide Our Steps Into Your Plans...Light The Way...Make A Way If Need Be...In The Name of Jesus...

Love and need ya'll...Oh That's what it was...I was going to tell firestormx, whall1971 and OneLight that I was so so so so glad that they all loved each other...Hahaha...see I know they do and that is amazing...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Love and need ya'll...Oh That's what it was...I was going to tell firestormx, whall1971 and OneLight that I was so so so so glad that they all loved each other...Hahaha...see I know they do and that is amazing...

Thank you for your post. It was very encouraging to read. May the Father and Yeshua bless and keep you in his perfect peace.

Edited by firestormx

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Shalom, Montana Marv.

I really don't like the term "in the Spirit", because in reality the Spirit/Comfortor is in us. He interprets our prayers, He gives us understanding, He gives us knowledge, He shows us Truth.

Sometimes one must determine who "is in the Spirit" the deepest. I have heard too many Godly pastors relating on the same topic/prophecy and being prompted by God or the HS, all come up with different answers/results. Who can we trust? This is why I take with a grain of salt those who say they are "in the Spirit" The Holy Spirits control on us is determined by our Will. Do we or do we not allow Him to take control in different aspects of our life.

If one has a dream or vision, it should be interperated by some other believer with that gift. Like, as Daniel prayed for the forgiveness of his sins, then the sins of his breathern (Israel), then once as pure in heart as he could be would he have a vision. I like the term, I was given a vision or dream when I was "pure in heart".

In Christ,

Montana Marv

Roy

Many, but for short periods of time, whether 10 minutes or a few hours. Anyone who says they are continually "pure in Heart" are probably in a coma.

In Christ

Montana Marv.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Shalom, Montana Marv.

In Christ,

Montana Marv

Roy

Many, but for short periods of time, whether 10 minutes or a few hours. Anyone who says they are continually "pure in Heart" are probably in a coma.

In Christ

Montana Marv.

The bible does not tell us to do things we cannot do. We are instructed by James to purify our hearts. Having a pure heart is simply having a heart that serves God and God alone and is not double minded. It is one that brings every thought captive unto Christ. It is one that keeps itself that that wicked one doesn't touch him. It is the heart of a man, not in a coma, but one who is dead, crucified to the world and the world to him. Paul was such a man. He said be followers of him as he is of Christ. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Why would Jesus speak of something not possible for man? I tell you Moses was such a man as he endured by seeing him who was invisible. Are you pure in heart? Do you see him who is invisible? Are you watching as a sovereign God moves all of the world around you as he sees fit? As he works all things to the counsel of his own will? The bible never says for us to do something we cannot. God gives us the power to become the Sons of God. What are we doing about it?

In Love through Christ who is our strength, honor, righteousness and purity,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

So right off hand...It not a good idea to say anything about anybody...we never know what God's doing...just never know...and it took me a while to see this verse in my own self...But every word that proceeds from the mouth of God or inspired by The Holy Spirit is true...

I am not aware of a passage in scripture that tells us that we never know what God is doing. How did you come to that

conclusion?

When you state it is not a good idea to say anything about anybody, do you understand that no one is talking about

another person in this thread but that visions and dreams are being discussed? It is very important to understand

that a person should never just accept something they experience as being from God. Many people become deceived

because they do just that.

The unfortunate thing in this thread is that the op has asked us to take his visions/dreams to the Lord in prayer and even

though some of us have done that and come back and said we do not really think it is from the Holy Spirit, he does not

seem to accept that but only says thank you to those who agree with him.

Why ask people what they think if you have already decided you don't need their input? Criticism applies to both

positive and negative comments, but it seems that in this thread only thumbs up are accepted by the op and if

you state, as did I, that you do not feel comfortable with the revelation, then you receive comments that are not

what I would call generated in love.

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things...Romans 2:1

The verse above is dealing with sin issues and not revelation knowledge

Being "in the spirit" to me...is being led...supernaturally...the desires of my flesh are non existent for that period of time...and for me too...so much has happened to me and only later did I find it in the Bible...I didn't even understand some things at first...so reading Our Bible is like the uttermost important thing to obtaining all God has for us...The words are literally alive and will change us...is food for our spirit man...I believe that...I also know and believe there are many many mysteries...some He will reveal to us sooner than later and some He waits because we wouldn't be good at it yet...Hahaha...I believe that too...

Uh no...that is not what is meant by 'being in the spirit'... what you are describing is actually walking in the spirit. Being in the spirit as defined and

fleshed out for us with particular attention to Revelation (John's) actually means a state in which one receives a special message from God and

the person, like John, is stating that what they have received is from the Holy Spirit in origin, and not some other spirit.

Guest borderline

Firestorm, was the horseman that visited you in a dream or were you awake?

The first time I was awake, the 2nd It was in a dream.

Which means the first one was a vision and the second one was a dream!