• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Popular Atheist Blogger Announces Conversion to Catholicism

By Jeff Schapiro , Christian Post Reporter

June 19, 2012|1:33 pm

A well-known atheist blogger made a shocking announcement on Monday: after careful consideration, she has concluded that God exists and she has converted to Catholicism.

<snip>

"I believed that the Moral Law wasn't just a Platonic truth, abstract and distant," she wrote. "It turns out I actually believed it was some kind of Person, as well as Truth. And there was one religion that seemed like the most promising way to reach back to that living Truth. I asked my friend what he suggest we do now, and we prayed the night office of the Liturgy of the Hours together (I've kept up with that since)."

Read the rest

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Well, she was not a real atheist to start with ;)

If you think she was, would you accept the possibility that I was a real Christian (saved) before losing my faith? If not, what is the logical reason of this asymmetry?

Ciao

- viole

Well the understanding is one of fact based on the truthfulness of God... because those born again are in fact possessions of God and sealed by His eternal Presence within the New Being 'As God has Promised'

Eph 1:13-14

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

NKJV

Jn 14:16-18

16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

NKJV

the combining truth set forth above and below is seen in the confidence of John's last statement here! To be any other way would effectively make God a liar! That 'WILL' never be!

2 Jn 1-2

1 The Elder,

To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, 2 because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:

NKJV

1 Jn 2:19

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

NKJV

The logic 'IS' God 'IS' and all else is awaiting judgment by not being of God...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Popular Atheist Blogger Announces Conversion to Catholicism

By Jeff Schapiro , Christian Post Reporter

June 19, 2012|1:33 pm

A well-known atheist blogger made a shocking announcement on Monday: after careful consideration, she has concluded that God exists and she has converted to Catholicism.

<snip>

"I believed that the Moral Law wasn't just a Platonic truth, abstract and distant," she wrote. "It turns out I actually believed it was some kind of Person, as well as Truth. And there was one religion that seemed like the most promising way to reach back to that living Truth. I asked my friend what he suggest we do now, and we prayed the night office of the Liturgy of the Hours together (I've kept up with that since)."

Read the rest

If you think she was, would you accept the possibility that I was a real Christian (saved) before losing my faith? If not, what is the logical reason of this asymmetry?

Ciao

- viole

I don't know about anyone else but I would accept that you were a real Christian once. It has happened to a lot of people....even, reportedly, Mother Theresa. It still breaks my heart to think of this happening though.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Ciao

- viole

Hi Viole,

I have frequently been told I was not a real Christian. It has been argued that had I truly known Christ I could not have rejected belief in him. I think that loss of Belief and also finding Belief can flow in both directions.

Absolutely true. Faith can be gained and lost simply based upon obedience to that which is revealed. Nobody is exempt.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Converts to Catholicism?

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." (Rev. 3:15-16).

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Rev. 18:4).

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

"Not a real atheist to start with" Lol, nice viole!

And she "converted to catholic"? First an atheist, then a catholic......sigh.

She sure is taking the long way round to finding Jesus and being saved.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Young children are God's children. As we grow up we believe in whatever faith our parents believed in at the time. Once grown up each one of takes a path or many different paths. The only correct path is through Jesus and the duty of His apostles is to show the way. If the atheist woman now believes in God I rejoice and pray or her.

Blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

A self-concocted atheist foolishly says there is no God even tho his position lacks concrete evidence and requires unlimited faith ala that of a Christian. Roman Catholicism, to which our friend has converted, demands the "re-sacrificing" of Jesus Christ millions of times worldwide on the altars of Roman "Sacrifices of the mass" in direct opposition to Hebrews 10:10-12! If I agreed with either position, we'd both be wrong. Both atheism & Romanism simply shift chairs on the RMS Titanic! Halp!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Christians usually (not always) tell me that because I lost my faith I was not a real Christian to start with.

If I recall correctly, those on the board who questioned the validity of your faith based the reasoning on your claims of what you believed made you a Christian.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The self-concocted atheists I debate on television or radio assure me that "God doesn't exist at all." They're ornery atheists rather than ordinary ones. But perhaps God may exist on Barnard's Star or on Wolf 359 or on Ross 248 or on Luyten 1159-16, etc? How would they know? Have they been there to check it out? Maybe they should kindly revise their hasty conclusion from "does not exist" to "may not exist"? Anyways, bottom- line, and what is far more important with both time & especially eternity in view plus what truly "bells the cat" is: God Doesn't Believe in Atheism! Oh, oh, Numero Uno Spoilsport, yes?