• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Believeinhim gave all the backing scriptures and explained this passage pretty clear. Same thing your saying YOD.

Enough is enough. I was OK with you switching usernames and all but when you start referring back to yourself as someone who is backing up your position it wreaks of deception.

Brother Mike = Believeinhim:

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Brother Mike is believeinhim?

It's good only God knows my thoughts right now. Very deceptive. Very.

Really uncool also.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Some understanding here........... I trade during the day, flip here, type something then back trading. I don't really care what log in it is. I am not even sure how Facebook used an very old log in or sign up. Besides............. It's not like Believe in him will sound any different.

I seriously do not think anyone here understands bro mike and believeinhim talking to each other and one backing up what the other says

It's just that ... well...you were basically pretending to be 2 different people...unless of course you have a split personality?

or perhaps alters?

:help: ...but then how would you know

But the Kingdom is here and been here for awhile.

Though I know what your saying and agree, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

There is SOOOOO much more and this isn't the Kingdom promised to Abraham yet.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I thought I explained this................ Uncool possibly. I have been in the process of putting everything back on my computer, and when I get around to it, I will attempt to hunt my log in down. I don't even remember the 6 e-mail accounts but my main two as I never hardly used them.

Some understanding here........... I trade during the day, flip here, type something then back trading. I don't really care what log in it is. I am not even sure how Facebook used an very old log in or sign up. Besides............. It's not like Believe in him will sound any different.

Jesus Is Lord.

I don't think he was hiding it. At least not from me. We spoke about it a few days ago, and Mike was quite open as to what had happened. And why tell me if he intended it to be a secret.

I think it is just a misunderstanding.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Well I think we have gotten away from the thread just alittle here, and I am not judging here but Bro. Mike when you referred to one of your own post and said "believinginhim' has already posted it, instead of saying I have already posted it as "believinginHim" which is me also. then that is where the deception occurred. But as far as the thread and to get back on it, the intrepretation of I cor 13:10 meaning that when the scriptures was written is "when that which is perfect comes" is a deception in itself. As I have already pointed out Joel and Peter has in scriptures told us that in the last days people will prophesy and we will be in those last days til the sun darkens and the moon turns to blood, before that notable day the Lord come. Now most folks and it would only make sense to preach that if you believe that prophecy has ended, or no longer needed. Then they also preach that prophets are no longer needed. Most of those folks also that preach that the Spiritual gifts ended with the Apostles and that the gifts were only intended for the prophets, But the spiritual gifts being only for the Apostles are shown in Acts to be a false teaching as Acts 21 shows A man that was not of the twelve or Paul, that this man prophecised to Paul and that this man had four Daughters that prophecised also. Now from the Holy Word of God we learn that God has given 5 offices( prophets. apostles, teachers, evangelist, and pastors) to the Church, and man has said we no longer need what God has provided, for the Body/Church we only need three offices,(teachers, evangelist and pastors, so as to quote the disciples who are we to obey MAN OR GOD? Scriptures clearly tells us that God Gave the Church five offices, why they were given and when we will no longer need them, so that should be the end of this thread, but it won't be. for this will be debated til Jesus Christ appears the second time, The great and notable day the Lord come, or when that which is perfect comes. or until the perfecting of the saints, all the same occurance, all the same day, so instead of trying to curse what God has blessed( His Children) then regardless of how we see scriptures concerning Spiritual gifts and How God can use man/women for His Glory, so His work will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, let's love another, let's edify one another, let's comfort one another. after all if we can't even help our own body, if we can't love the Church, How are we suppose to be the light to the World:

Ephesians 4:11-15

What did God give the Church?

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers

why Did God give these offices/people to the Church?

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

How long did God intend for us to have these offices?

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Have we allowed God to get us to where He wants us with the 5 offices, that He intended for the Church to have?

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

KJV

we must live by every Word.

Edited by His_disciple3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The verse is simply about maturity. When you are a mature believer you won't need those other things, won't be dependent on them, no matter what they may have done for you in the past. Faith, hope and love are maturity.

If it has a corporate meaning, then I suppose the gifts keep recurring as needed until the 2nd coming. But it is not a clear statement of that, because 'telos' is not often used to clearly mean the end of this age, nor is that ch. 13's topic. Better to look elsewhere for that.

--Inter

But as others have pointed out, that the phrase used is "That which is perfect" as I believe means on the notable day that the Lord come,(when the fullness of all things will be then) "that" would not refer to Jesus as some have said. I believe also "That" would not be referring to an individual muturity. as you advise if the intrepretation of this verse relies on knowing what "That" means; other places clearly teaches that the fullness of Christ either/or the perfection of the Church will not come, until that great and notable day that the Lord come,

so ok as you believe that you may be muture enough that you don't need tongues or prophecy. but would you be that you don't need to know good from evil/knowledge? also if you got muture enough that you wouldn't need these three things, don't mean that there would not be babes in Christ that still needed them. so they may fail for you, they may cease for you, that knowledge would vanish from you, but other inmuture people would still need them, so over all for the Church, Tongues would be needed til He came back, prophecy would be needed as long as we have inmature Christians. and knowledge will be needed til ALL can look upon others nakeness without evil thoughts. so this could not be referring to your individual intrepretation of an individual maturity as other scriptures would confirm.

Edited by His_disciple3

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

1 Corinthians 13:10 is preceded by other chapters that build a foundation for that which is to come later. If we look in the very first chapter of the book we see the solution to that which is perfect and when the gifts cease to function.

1Cr 1:4-9 ¶ I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and [in] all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

That we come behind in 'no' gift - while we wait for the coming of our Lord. Who shall confirm, through signs (sign gifts) and wonders....as it is all about preparing for the 'day' of our Lord and a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, we call his day the millennial reign.

This of course does not include any discussion about the possibility of those gifts being counterfeited by Satan and his clan.

Gary