rjp34652

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Once upon a time a few voices were raised against violence as entertainment; violence in books, violence in magazines, violence on TV, violence in video games and violence in movies.

That was then. This is now.

Classic philosophy holds that no human activity can be conducted without two components; will and power.

Without the strength or the facility or the power to do a thing, no man can act.

Without the desire or the motivation or will to do a thing, no man can act.

These two components must always be present for a human action to be performed. The classic definition of will to power has been modified only slightly in modern police work and court room hearings. Today its called motive and opportunity. Its the same, really except that I personally prefer the classic definition; will to power.

Christian writing begins in the Good Book. In the pages of the Bible there is much discussion about THE WILL. Jesus said that if a man even thought about murder he was guilty of it. Today, however, its perfectly acceptable to spend hard earned dollars on 'escapism' which teaches that mass murder is ok.

Hollywood capitalists believe that there is a fine line between violence projected on a movie screen and violence that begins in front of it. Billions of dollars are spent to justify the marketing of violence as entertainment, all in the name of the constitutional right to distribute murder as a function of free speech.

In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to incite millions to violence?

In the name of constitutional legality, is it ok to restrict millions from obtaining and carrying the means to defend themselves their families and their homes from violent attack?

Are we dancing on the head of a pin or are personal rights being destroyed by the same constitutional interpretations that are used to make others very wealthy at the risk of our safety?

Are Batman and the Joker having the last laugh at our expense?

Plenty is being said about firearms. Nothing is being said about THE WILL to power, the MOTIVATION to kill that our children are being trained in by means of movies and video games.

Why is it ok to put on a uniform, travel to a foreign land and kill innocent people but not ok to do it at home among our own people? Rev. Martin Luther King raised that question in 1967 and no one has yet to dare an answer. He believed it was wrong. America is ok with killing foreigners but not our own. There is a massive national hypocrisy at work here that none today are willing to address.

THE WILL TO POWER begins long before the first bullet is even purchased, but little is being said about it.

What say you.................

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Honestly, to a point I agree with you-what goes in comes out-and in some people it can encourage violent behavior. With that being said, movies dont make us go out and kill people. Otherwise, thered be quite a few more murders, and there was certainly violent crime looooong before hollywood. You cant blame the movie for the choices of the person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Count me in as a third who believes outside influence does not cause a person to do what they do. Jesus is my example. It was because of who Jesus was that he could be tormented and abused in such a fashion and in the end simply ask God to forgive them of their ignorant doings.

That said, the evil is within the person who perpetrates the crime. The imaginations of a man's heart are wicked from his youth and out of it proceed adulteries, murders, fornication and all the ilk of man's lust. But we wrestle not with flesh and blood. Man has been made subject unto angels. One third of the angels are evil. Devils romance a man until the man trusts them then once they have the trust of the man they move him into position to do their evil works. The bible speaks about things like scorpions whose stings are in their tails. The head is the devil the tail is the man who is led by the devil.

When we look acrossed the spectrum of evil that is in our country, especially that which is raking in billions in Hollywood, we should quickly understand what is controlling the hearts of men. Those who entertain themselves by watching violent movies and that which is in poor taste such as horror movies are in direct opposition to God and his ways. God is not entertained by violence. He uses it to judge the world for the sin that continues therein. He takes no pleasure in the judgment of the wicked but Hollywood makes billions by depicting the wicked being judged. There is a day coming shortly where God is going to make Hollywood come alive upon our very streets. Many won't have to buy a ticket as they will be part of the production. We reap what we sew. There is more prophecy coming out of the city of angels than you might perceive. The rocks are crying out.

Escape the coming judgment and come out from among them.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The OP does though bring up a very real concern. Our society and our youth are being desensitized to violence. We became desensitized to profanity. We became desensitized to sex. What is next?

We allow evil into our eyes and hearts in the name of "entertainment."

What does the Lord have to say about this?

I don't see how what we engage our visual participation in to line up with holiness. :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I didnt say they didnt have an impact or influence our decisions-I agree that we are desensilized to violence and sex, but in the end we cant blame situations like what happened in colorado-on violent movies, any more then we can blame them on the gun. It is still the persons choice, their responsibility.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I think nebula has brought up the crucial point of sin. What kinds of thought come into your mind during a lull in thnking. I have images come into my mind that are sinful from movies I have watched years ago. I've met people who think that what they think about all the time should be what they do. I believe if we didn't have a justice system in place there would be alot more murders because of movies because the movies sure do glorify violence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Movies and the news remove the shock and awe of sin from the minds of the viewer.

In some cases the activities are copied by weak minded individuals who know no better.

Yet, evil does not need a movie to find a way out. There were no movies to blame when Cain killed Able, no guns were used, or sold, there were no groups of people forcing him to do it. The source of evil is not found in a movie it is found in the heart of man. People like Charles Joseph Whitman just allow the evil with-in to overcome them and people die. Then some people may be sick like Howard Unruh who killed 13 people in 1949, he was found to be criminally insane.

May the Grace and the Peace of the Lord be with all those people who were touched by this act of horror and may all people feel the sadness of this act.

ICL~~~~Dennis----3D20Smiles2096-Copy.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

There is a difference between CAUSE and INFLUENCE.

When evil is glorified, as in the video game Grand Theft Auto, and any number of movies and TV series, the INFLUENCE is even stronger.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I didnt say they didnt have an impact or influence our decisions-I agree that we are desensilized to violence and sex, but in the end we cant blame situations like what happened in colorado-on violent movies, any more then we can blame them on the gun. It is still the persons choice, their responsibility.

Actually, I wasn't blaming movies for what the gunman did. My thought process began when I heard that a 6-year old girl was killed in the theater . . . what in the world is a 6-year old girl doing in a movie like that???! I remember barely being able to handle the intensity of The Black Hole when I was about 8 years old. What has changed in our society that we expose 6-year-olds to such fantasy carnage?

Innocence is lost. :(

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Actually, I wasn't blaming movies for what the gunman did. My thought process began when I heard that a 6-year old girl was killed in the theater . . . what in the world is a 6-year old girl doing in a movie like that???! I remember barely being able to handle the intensity of The Black Hole when I was about 8 years old. What has changed in our society that we expose 6-year-olds to such fantasy carnage?

Innocence is lost. :(

And there you have it! Innocence has been lost.

And we have become immune to violence, sex, drugs, same sex whatever, etc.

I was watching a program the other night called American Pickers. Some of you probably know it. But it is about two dudes who travel the heartland of the USA picking stuff from barns etc for resale. They find some amazing old stuff and it is very interesting.

The other day they picked a couple of penny peep show boxes, that were apparently all the rage in bars back in the day. What they showed was far less suggestive than the average fashion mag advert today.

I shudder to think what will be on our screens in the next 20 years.

That is just one small reason why Jesus, and His never changing foundation is so important.