IGNORED

The Christians' Separation from the World

Way195

I will say that I miss the old contemporary Christian music from the 80s and 90s. I mean, the stuff that they have now with some exceptions is nothing like what used to be out there: Twyla Paris, David Meece, De Garmo and Key, Dallas Holm, Wayne Watson, Steve Green, Petra (before John Schlitt), Carman, et al. They were just terrific. I mean they had music that was both worshipful and also encouraged people to stand for Christ and to count the cost. There was the constant theme of "no compromise" and living in purity and holiness.

I really miss those guys on the radio. I can listen to them by myself, but it would be nice to share them with younger people today.

Don't forget Kieth Green and Phil Keaggy. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I will say that I miss the old contemporary Christian music from the 80s and 90s. I mean, the stuff that they have now with some exceptions is nothing like what used to be out there: Twyla Paris, David Meece, De Garmo and Key, Dallas Holm, Wayne Watson, Steve Green, Petra (before John Schlitt), Carman, et al. They were just terrific. I mean they had music that was both worshipful and also encouraged people to stand for Christ and to count the cost. There was the constant theme of "no compromise" and living in purity and holiness.

I really miss those guys on the radio. I can listen to them by myself, but it would be nice to share them with younger people today.

Don't forget Kieth Green and Phil Keaggy. :)

Old, did you say Old? Kids! Old is stuff back in the 20"s and 30's....

I'm not what I was: I sing Bass in Church..... I like..this kid, he does a good job at it. Link leads to Utube..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9RsrMnrTZE

ICL~~~Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey - I like the John Schlitt Petra years . . . well, before the mid-90's anyway.

But yes, I miss the 80's Christian music too.

WhiteHeart and Guardian were a couple others."In the Kingdom" by White Cross is still one of my favorite songs.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Are you saying that rock music(not 'christian' rock) is not to be classified as 'of the world'?

You have been saying that "Christian" and "rock" are incompatible. Yet there have been several Christian groups who utilize the rock style of music - several of those listed above for instance.

Guest shiloh357

Hey - I like the John Schlitt Petra years . . . well, before the mid-90's anyway.

But yes, I miss the 80's Christian music too.

WhiteHeart and Guardian were a couple others."In the Kingdom" by White Cross is still one of my favorite songs.

In the Kingdom is a great song! John Schlitt just didn't grow on me, LOL. I I started listening to Petra when Greg Voltz was still with them. I will say that I did like their 1st praise album (The Rock Cries Out) with John Schlitt. He did a good song with Carmen as well.