• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Anyone ever notice a verse that was hard to follow?

Here's one of mine:

James 5: 9 - Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged ; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door.

What makes it hard is that it seems no one is making an effort to apply this to their lives? So how do I know how to live this way without much example to follow?

Here's one of mine:

James 5: 9 - Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged ; behold, the Judge is standing right at the door.

What makes it hard is that it seems no one is making an effort to apply this to their lives? So how do I know how to live this way without much example to follow?

Maybe the reason it seems that no one is making an effort is because the ones that are, don't advertise it.

Guest shiloh357

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

James 5:7-9

This passage is really a discussion about the second coming of Christ and they should be be murmmuring aganst each other. They were not condemn each other in view of their expectation of the iminent coming of Christ. They believed that coming of Christ was going to occur in their life time. Hence, "the Judge stands at the door." Rather, they were advised to live in patience with each other in view of His coming.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Here's one of mine:

Maybe the reason it seems that no one is making an effort is because the ones that are, don't advertise it.

That is very very true...Most people focus on the bad instead of the Goood, Kinda like the news in that sense I guess

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

We tend to find whatever we are looking for in other people yet are blind to it in ourselves. This counts both Good and Bad traits.

I have a saying, "It's a God given right to complain". I seem to think that I can do it better than other people at times. So I'm Guilty of not follow that verse also. But, God, you know they are doing it all wrong!!!!!

~~~Dennis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

We tend to find whatever we are looking for in other people yet are blind to it in ourselves. This counts both Good and Bad traits.

Thats called projection is psychology.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here's one of mine:

One doesn't need to advertise to be observed.

For example, when with a group of Christian friends, how often do we hear someone complaining against another "brethren"? And then others jump in?

Has anyone ever challenged another with this verse in such circumstances? Do people even know this verse is there? How many here can actually say, "Yes I have this verse memorized and I make an effort to apply it"?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

I believe that's because we don't know the whole story of a person. It's easy to say things about someone who isn't bright and sunny all the time, for example, but you have no clue why they are they way they are. Perhaps they're grieving. Perhaps life has dumped a load on them and they're bearing up the best they can. Maybe they were picked on as a kid and people just keep doing it to them. Life is no bowl of cherries and everyone responds at different levels of maturity.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

For example, when with a group of Christian friends, how often do we hear someone complaining against another "brethren"? And then others jump in?

Has anyone ever challenged another with this verse in such circumstances? Do people even know this verse is there? How many here can actually say, "Yes I have this verse memorized and I make an effort to apply it"?

"""

Well you know I can shoot with flaming arrows, but I won't do it behind your back. I will actually be the one to say stop talking about

people who are not here. I was not always that person, but what I spoke came back to bite me often enough so that the nudges

from the Holy Spirit...which felt like a small pain at my indescretions (sin)...became lessons learned the hard way when I suffered

consequences of talking about someone...even though what I said was TRUE and I was warning someone...

It is not my territory to speak ill of another. But like I said, I have transgressed many times. But I make it a point not to anymore

and if I am tempted, well, there goes that nudge again, and I remember

It all began when I prayed and asked the Lord to help me to stop talking about people

I think this is one of the most predominant sins in the church

You mean kinda like you're doing right now? :) I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just an observation. You're complaining about complainers.

If your observations are coming up empty, perhaps you're the one that needs to set the example. Instead of relying on others to be an example of how we should walk, we should look to the example left to us in His Word. Let your light shine that others may see.

If you don't like listening to a bunch of finger pointers, walk away. It's not that hard to do. I do it all the time.