ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

A wrong message and acts of vandalism. Although no one is officially blamed, it looks like it is supported at least by occupy wall street. So now they are supporting criminal actions.

http://news.yahoo.com/billboard-dummy-noose-shocks-vegas-drivers-152639429.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hate crimes are always the first on the news... Instead of giving this stunt publicity and catering it they need to just let it go. Any attention is good attention, once it becomes an issue people start to "get off on it." And continue, its sad what people are starting to do. Shame :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

(quote)

"Dying for Work."

Are the people of Vegas hurting for work ?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, at least it shows a sense of originality.............

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.. :o

Ma Lord, I know everything has to go as planned..

But Lord, plz forgive this country, Father.. please forgive us for being so ungrateful..

Ma Lord, have us ready & prepared as ur coming, quickly arises! ~ Amen ~ :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

and i certainly has gotten a lot of attention.... let us pray that it doesn't give hurting desperate people any ideas.

and i certainly has gotten a lot of attention.... let us pray that it doesn't give hurting desperate people any ideas.

Yeah...supprised they didn't pin that dummy on the.... Wall .

(quote)

"Dying for Work."

YES!!!! oh my gosh, you have no idea how bad the economy is there. it's got the highest unemployment rate in the country right now. a decade ago, when mark and i moved there, it was the fastest growing city in the nation, and the economy was rock solid. but then the housing market crashed, and las vegas again led the nation, this time in foreclosures and job losses.

mark was laid off last april and told there would be no work til at least august... his occupation was a driver hauling convention freight. we couldn't pay the rent any longer. most companies had hiring freezes, many companies were shutting down. construction on the strip came to a halt. this was right in the middle of building City Center and other major projects in the central part of the city... there was simply no more work.

people who had been accustomed to working in any of the unions making really, really good money found themselves applying to fast food restaurants... and not even union workers. oh my gosh, i had a friend who was a hair dresser... she spent months out of work, and was applying for every type of job she could possibly apply for, no matter how menial.

the homeless population was out of control. in the north-central part of the city near main street, tents lined many of the major roads. people were living in tents, in cars, in shelters, under trees, behind dumpsters. i'm not even exaggerating. you can find video footage of this on youtube. there is even a city beneath the city... the underground tunnels are home to thousands of homeless people.

anyway, mark and i did what many people did... we asked family for help to move. we've been back in texas for a year now.

(quote)

"Dying for Work."

YES!!!! oh my gosh, you have no idea how bad the economy is there. it's got the highest unemployment rate in the country right now. a decade ago, when mark and i moved there, it was the fastest growing city in the nation, and the economy was rock solid. but then the housing market crashed, and las vegas again led the nation, this time in foreclosures and job losses.

mark was laid off last april and told there would be no work til at least august... his occupation was a driver hauling convention freight. we couldn't pay the rent any longer. most companies had hiring freezes, many companies were shutting down. construction on the strip came to a halt. this was right in the middle of building City Center and other major projects in the central part of the city... there was simply no more work.

people who had been accustomed to working in any of the unions making really, really good money found themselves applying to fast food restaurants... and not even union workers. oh my gosh, i had a friend who was a hair dresser... she spent months out of work, and was applying for every type of job she could possibly apply for, no matter how menial.

the homeless population was out of control. in the north-central part of the city near main street, tents lined many of the major roads. people were living in tents, in cars, in shelters, under trees, behind dumpsters. i'm not even exaggerating. you can find video footage of this on youtube. there is even a city beneath the city... the underground tunnels are home to thousands of homeless people.

anyway, mark and i did what many people did... we asked family for help to move. we've been back in texas for a year now.

Awe...that is so aweful ... LadyC.

I do remember that , they said on the news last year ...that people were living in tents and were homeless,

due to job loses... but, I thought that they were from another state ... those who lost their jobs and homes...moving

into vegas for work.

So, it is was the people in Vegas that were living in tents.

So, sad.

I just heard on the news this week ...just as what you discribed... people who have a good trade ,a position,

in a job ...will lose their jobs and will have to turn to minimum wage jobs.

They said ...that is what will soon... be happening to workers throughout America.

But, it is already happening in Vegas and other places already.

Remember I mentioned ...I would go to Vegas to marry people.

Well I think I have, a change of mind on that. Due to the fact of same sex marriages .

same sex marriages are not legal in nevada... yet. they are recognized from other states i think, but can't be solemnized there. again, "yet" is the key word.