IGNORED

Does God will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing?

carlos123

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I think the following verse relates to what Jesus said in Mark 11:19. Bolding is mine.

1 John 5:14 (AKJV)

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: And if we know that he hear us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

It's like it expands on Mark 11 to make it clear that God is not predisposed to give us whatever we ask as in a brand new Cadillac or whatever. But that He is rather predisposed to grant us petitions that are according to his will.

Meaning that we must know what His WILL is in order to ask in accordance to His WILL.

So according to this IF we know that it is God's WILL to heal ALL then to ask for a healing IS to ask in accordance with His WILL such that we WILL receive that which we are asking for and WILL be healed!

Interesting.

Carlos

Exactly ! Winner lol..... If you believe in your heart that it will be done, then you know that it is apart of his will !

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Interesting story Jacob! Thanks for sharing.

I just came upon another interesting verse. Bolding is mine.

Romans 15:18 (AKJV)

For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not worked by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about to Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Everywhere where we see signs and wonders (of which healings are some I think) we also see them in connection with preaching the Gospel somehow.

But of interest is also that Paul was summarizing his life up to that point.

Illyricum was a Roman provice way up North of Jerusalem. So this was something said by Paul after he had already started a whole slew of churches and had been active in ministry for many years.

Signs and wonders were a prominent part of Paul's ministry ALL his life.

Carlos

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If it were Gods will for all to be healed who come to him then anyone who ever asked him to be healed would be regardless of any circumstance or condition. Anyone who ever prayed to him should instantly be healed. Though it be Gods will that all be healed, the fact remains that all who come to him for healing do not end up healed.

Gary

It is the will of God that all be saved. it is His will that all come to the knowledge of Christ, but will all be saved? I am thinking of the passage where that Jesus himself went into a town and scriptures says that He could only heal a few of the sick due to their unbelief. we can speak of A soveriegn God that will force His will on everyone, but scriptures does not teach this, If it was the will of God that David takes his eyes and heart off of God and turn them to bathseba? and to have Uriah Her husband to be kill at battle, then would God be just in punishing David, or should it be that if David was doing the Will of God then He should have been rewarded. If it is the will of God that some burn in hell then They would be serving God by not believeing in the Son. If a sinner sins then according to your belief, then God caused or even made that sinner sin, then according to your belief, please do tell us who should get punished, the one who sinned or the one who made him sin. or both? If the will of God is enforced when someone sins then are they sinners or servants of God?

• Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Interesting story Jacob! Thanks for sharing.

I just came upon another interesting verse. Bolding is mine.

Romans 15:18 (AKJV)

For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not worked by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about to Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Everywhere where we see signs and wonders (of which healings are some I think) we also see them in connection with preaching the Gospel somehow.

But of interest is also that Paul was summarizing his life up to that point.

Illyricum was a Roman provice way up North of Jerusalem. So this was something said by Paul after he had already started a whole slew of churches and had been active in ministry for many years.

Signs and wonders were a prominent part of Paul's ministry ALL his life.

Carlos

One think I must tell you when quoting scripture, apply your thoughts separately.... to some it may seem like your trying to add to the Word, so be careful when doing that.

Signs and Wonders are still apart of our world today ! Just depends on if your looking for them lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

This is not the Acts period, and God obviously does not heal all who come to Him for healing. God could heal all if He wanted to, but that is obviously not His Will. We all have a 100% certainty of illness and eventual death. The Apostle Paul asked God for healing three times, and the answer was no, regardless of the Apostle Paul's strong faith.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NASB 7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is not the Acts period, and God obviously does not heal all who come to Him for healing. God could heal all if He wanted to, but that is obviously not His Will. We all have a 100% certainty of illness and eventual death. The Apostle Paul asked God for healing three times, and the answer was no, regardless of the Apostle Paul's strong faith.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NASB 7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Also this....

Recent threads have alluded to the fact that we remain ill, or get sick because of a lack of faith.

Paul is the "author" of faith in the bible. His writings are full of faith and what faith is.

One would think then, that he would not have hesitated to pray for and expect healing of the sick.

But...

2Ti 4:20 Erastus remained at Corinth, and I left Trophimus, who was ill, at Miletus.

We pray yes, but it is God's will if we are healed.

Guest shiloh357

There is a false theology of healing out there claiming that healing is in the atonement.It is teaching that healing works the same way salvation works and since Jesus doesn't refuse salvation to those who come to him, Jesus will not refuse healing to anyone who asks. It is a false theolgy. Healing doesn't work the same way that salvation works.

Did you know that nearly every major faith healer that has died, died from illnesses they claimed they had authority over in Christ.. In the end, the healing theology they espoused didn't work for them.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

One think I must tell you when quoting scripture, apply your thoughts separately.... to some it may seem like your trying to add to the Word, so be careful when doing that.

Hmm...I thought I was doing that Jacob. Did I not do that?

Usually when I quote verses I put them in quotes. On rare occasion I add some comment in parentheses right after the verse but I make it plain that bolding and comments in parentheses are mine. Is that what you are referring to?

Carlos

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If it were Gods will for all to be healed who come to him then anyone who ever asked him to be healed would be regardless of any circumstance or condition. Anyone who ever prayed to him should instantly be healed. Though it be Gods will that all be healed, the fact remains that all who come to him for healing do not end up healed.

Gary

It is the will of God that all be saved. it is His will that all come to the knowledge of Christ, but will all be saved? I am thinking of the passage where that Jesus himself went into a town and scriptures says that He could only heal a few of the sick due to their unbelief. we can speak of A soveriegn God that will force His will on everyone, but scriptures does not teach this, If it was the will of God that David takes his eyes and heart off of God and turn them to bathseba? and to have Uriah Her husband to be kill at battle, then would God be just in punishing David, or should it be that if David was doing the Will of God then He should have been rewarded. If it is the will of God that some burn in hell then They would be serving God by not believeing in the Son. If a sinner sins then according to your belief, then God caused or even made that sinner sin, then according to your belief, please do tell us who should get punished, the one who sinned or the one who made him sin. or both? If the will of God is enforced when someone sins then are they sinners or servants of God?

By your reply I believe you don't understand what I was trying to convey. I fail to understand how the things you say here related to what I have said.

Gary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Gary

By your reply I believe you don't understand what I was trying to convey. I fail to understand how the things you say here related to what I have said.

Gary

you said that if it were the will of God for all that came to Him to be healed that all would be healed, but scriptures teaches that healing and salvation comes by faith, it could be the Will of God that all be saved as scriptures teaches but not all will be saved. as well as all will not be healed, because of teachings like your statement, many come to God, "God If it is your will, then I want to be healed, that's very close to saying God if You could heal me then I want to be healed. there is no room for "IF" when faith is involved. If a person comes to God and says "God if it is your will to save me please save me" will they be saved. Or even if they are saved how will they know that it was The will of God to save them. at the healing pool in scriptures was not left up to the ability of God to heal. but rather left up to the person to step into the pool to be healed,