IGNORED

Exodus Passover: Did the firstborn of Egypt go to heaven?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just as a matter of interest..

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Teaching is best done by example.

You can do that in your own neighborhood, without having the gift of teaching as some amazing pastors have.

And I would have to agree, nations are made up of people (individual people). One has to start somewhere, no?

God's children existed, even if the name "Christian" did not. God's children have always been those who live their lives according to His commands. We are born with a sin nature. We are born unclean. We are born corrupt. The penalty for that is death.

don't make the mistake of thinking that christians are before hebrews. the jews were always God's chosen people. by His grace, those of us who have accepted Christ as savior (i.e. "christians) have been grafted in and made a part of the family of God. not the other way around.

The fact that God makes a distinction here and says that children (who presumably have not reached the age and understanding that makes them capable of choosing God for themselves) will be sanctified by godly parents seems to indicate to me that children who are not sanctified by their parents will not be given that consideration.

I know it's a popular theory that every child is a gift of God, that every child born is God's will, and that every child will end up in heaven, but i just see no biblical support for that. what i do see throughout scripture is that God commanded even children of ungodly nations be slain, i see God wiping out the first born in egypt, and i can't picture God intentionally slaughtering innocent children that belonged to Him. that is just not in character with His nature.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

God's children existed, even if the name "Christian" did not. God's children have always been those who live their lives according to His commands. We are born with a sin nature. We are born unclean. We are born corrupt. The penalty for that is death.

don't make the mistake of thinking that christians are before hebrews. the jews were always God's chosen people. by His grace, those of us who have accepted Christ as savior (i.e. "christians) have been grafted in and made a part of the family of God. not the other way around.

The fact that God makes a distinction here and says that children (who presumably have not reached the age and understanding that makes them capable of choosing God for themselves) will be sanctified by godly parents seems to indicate to me that children who are not sanctified by their parents will not be given that consideration.

I know it's a popular theory that every child is a gift of God, that every child born is God's will, and that every child will end up in heaven, but i just see no biblical support for that. what i do see throughout scripture is that God commanded even children of ungodly nations be slain, i see God wiping out the first born in egypt, and i can't picture God intentionally slaughtering innocent children that belonged to Him. that is just not in character with His nature.

i see God wiping out the first born in egypt, and i can't picture God intentionally slaughtering innocent children that belonged to Him. that is just not in character with His nature.

Good point, and why I always answer the "children in heaven" question with, "We serve a just and loving God".

Truth is that we don't know, because He has chosen not to tell us. We can speculate and study, but we base our conclusions on opinion.

But, "We serve a just and loving God"

i see God wiping out the first born in egypt, and i can't picture God intentionally slaughtering innocent children that belonged to Him. that is just not in character with His nature.

Good point, and why I always answer the "children in heaven" question with, "We serve a just and loving God".

Truth is that we don't know, because He has chosen not to tell us. We can speculate and study, but we base our conclusions on opinion.

But, "We serve a just and loving God"

I agree. We can't judge anyone to Hell. But I will rely on Jesus' words when He said, Do not hinder the little children for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Jesus is God and He remains the same today, yesterday, and forever. Those words are a comfort.

beautiful words of comfort, yes. but remember, those children were willingly trying to be in his presence.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

So if a woman has an abortion or miscarries her child would go to hell and burn forever and ever? That is really hard to believe, I don't want to believe that. I am trying to teach my little daughters about God and Jesus, they are 2 and 3 years old, it breaks my heart to think that if my 2 year old died today she would burn in hell. My 3 year old says she believes in Jesus and asks questions about Him all the time. But my 2 year old doesn't understand yet, and her attention span is...well...lacking. Maybe they are safe because I am a believer? I wonder if my ex husband is safe because of the same reason? I know he is my ex, but if I can't remarry because the Bible says it would be adultary then in a way aren't we still married before God? Maybe I am overthinking things. I just don't want to think about toddlers in hell crying for their mommies, not understanding anything that's going on, that would really keep me up at night, I might even fall into a depression.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

So if a woman has an abortion or miscarries her child would go to hell and burn forever and ever? That is really hard to believe, I don't want to believe that. I am trying to teach my little daughters about God and Jesus, they are 2 and 3 years old, it breaks my heart to think that if my 2 year old died today she would burn in hell. My 3 year old says she believes in Jesus and asks questions about Him all the time. But my 2 year old doesn't understand yet, and her attention span is...well...lacking. Maybe they are safe because I am a believer? I wonder if my ex husband is safe because of the same reason? I know he is my ex, but if I can't remarry because the Bible says it would be adultary then in a way aren't we still married before God? Maybe I am overthinking things. I just don't want to think about toddlers in hell crying for their mommies, not understanding anything that's going on, that would really keep me up at night, I might even fall into a depression.

As far as that question it would seem that you would be free to remarry if he commits adultery:

Mat_19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

I think that every Muslim knows the "Isa" of the Qu'ran. Isa is what the Muslims call Jesus....and this Jesus is a false one. I don't think every Muslim knows the Jesus of the Holy Bible because in some Muslim countries, Christians cannot proclaim the Gospel and the Bible is banned in many of those countries. In countries where Christians can proclaim the Gospel of Christ, one would find millions of Muslims converting. This is why countries like Saudi Arabia ban the Holy Bible and forbid Christians from evangelizing. I think that the Muslim clerics, Imans, and Mullahs fear Christianity. See the weblink below regarding millions of Muslims converting to Christianity: Christians still have a duty to reach all people as much as they can because not all people know Christ.

http://www.islam-wat...hristianity.htm

So you think that there aren't any Christian evangelizing occurring in the Arab/Asian world?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

I think that every Muslim knows the "Isa" of the Qu'ran. Isa is what the Muslims call Jesus....and this Jesus is a false one. I don't think every Muslim knows the Jesus of the Holy Bible because in some Muslim countries, Christians cannot proclaim the Gospel and the Bible is banned in many of those countries. In countries where Christians can proclaim the Gospel of Christ, one would find millions of Muslims converting. This is why countries like Saudi Arabia ban the Holy Bible and forbid Christians from evangelizing. I think that the Muslim clerics, Imans, and Mullahs fear Christianity. See the weblink below regarding millions of Muslims converting to Christianity: Christians still have a duty to reach all people as much as they can because not all people know Christ.

http://www.islam-wat...hristianity.htm

So you think that there aren't any Christian evangelizing occurring in the Arab/Asian world?

We know it's occurring in a widespread manner throughout most of the asian world. In the arab world I'm SURE it's happening, but maybe not on a grand scale? I don't know. Any that is done must be done quietly, as there would be definite executions for it. I, like you, though, find it hard to believe that there are many muslims in the 40 to 50 year age range that haven't received the gospel message at least once in their lives.

even though it is illegal, they still do it and risk their lives. The Voice of The Martyrs is an organization that evangelizes to these kinds of areas, they have underground churches. You can even help to send Bibles to those places.

Jesus said that everyone will be without excuse on judgment day. Even if we don't know how they will be reached He makes it clear that they will be one way or another, either through nature, or witnessing. I am sure that alot of muslims are taught about christianity in some way, because we are their enemies. So they know we believe Jesus is God.

As far as that question it would seem that you would be free to remarry if he commits adultery:

Mat_19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

He cheated on me, but that was after I told him I was filing for divorce, so I don't count that as a biblical means for divorce, because that wasn't WHY I wanted to divorce him. If I was a christian back then I would have stayed married.

I don't want to steer this topic away from the OP, so message me if you would like to talk more about this :) .