the bible says to test the spirits by saying Jesus is Lord, not "jesus is lord"

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I never said I was a seer, that doesn't have anything to do with distinguishing between different kinds of spirits.

Linehaul, yeah, do you have that gift? Or do you know anyone who can distinguish between different kinds of spirits?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wasabear,

Capizalization of those letters is English grammer, not Greek grammer.

"Bible" is supposed to be capitalized too, you know.

But as for what you said the bible says, the only testing of spirits reference I recall is found in 1 John, and that is not what it says. Please clarify.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Wasabear,

But as for what you said the bible says, the only testing of spirits reference I recall is found in 1 John, and that is not what it says. Please clarify.

i was gonna refer to 1st john also- it talks about testing the spirits to see if they are of god, i think you do it by asking the spirit if jesus is the christ and god in human form if i'm not mistaken.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Wasabear,

i was gonna refer to 1st john also- it talks about testing the spirits to see if they are of god, i think you do it by asking the spirit if jesus is the christ and god in human form if i'm not mistaken.

Wasabear,

1 John 4:1-2 "Beloved do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, weather they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the spirit of God. Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God.

It is not simply saying Jesus Is Lord, but confessing with your mouth the grace and the gift that Christ brought upon us. And believing in your HEART (Romans 10:9-10) I will repeat the same wisdom that was bestowed upon Fez and repeat it. This is not a gift, rather biblical. Discerning of spirits is God given, no one has power within themselves, God brings forth all ! (Isaiah 40:26, 2 Chronicles 20:6) False prophets may speak of "good things" but they are wolves. (Mathew 10) They may come to us in sheep's clothing (Mathew 7:15) the truth is always there, and it will set you free (John 8:32) hold the word of God above men, for the book (Bible) was not sent to us, but for us ! (Mark 7:8-13)

2 Peter 2:1- "But, there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers amoung you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves destruction." Now this verse worries me because let us say for one minute God did give you a gift. Not once have I heard you say it as so. You say it is from God in your origional post but from there it is, I have this Gift, I can do such and such. I do not wish to call you out rather stress a strong point of giving thanks unto the Lord for this is something that we can all work on :) (Psalm 107:1)

If your thinking that I am wrong please look at Mathew 7:21 for this reason your Heart must also be set on God, it cannot be simply saying the words (Mark 7:6-9)

God bless you all !

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Good post Jacob!

agree-Copy.gif

~~ICL~~~~Dennis

Good post Jacob!

agree-Copy.gif

~~ICL~~~~Dennis

Plus one for compliment to the Lord lol (can't take credit :P )

Gby Dennis, thanks for the cool picture :D

all respondents please type jesus Is lord

I have a new gift from God, the distinguishing between different kinds of spirits. No one I know has this gift. which is sort of like a curse I feel sometimes because who really actually wants to have awareness of devils and antichrists. not fun. But I suppose it really is for the best for everyone, just like the bible says. My family thinks I am pulling their leg or crazy when I talk about it. It does seem pretty unique/rare. Does anyone here have it? If you do you probably see your family hanging out with antichrists and calling Satan their friend, LOL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. god bless.

Wasabear, my question is still up in the air and hope you will get around to answering it. You say I have a NEW gift from God. So you have many gifts from God ? If this is so then what other "gifts" do you obtain through the Lord.

God bless you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Many people will become offended by what you say, and it would be smarter to simply know what God shows you, and use it for your own profit.

don't you mean possibly in prayer? cause the gifts are for the building up of the body of Christ........... :emot-bulb: