• Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

There are like 9 levels in the hierarchy of Angels

Seraphim & Cherubim

have wings as in the representation on the Ark of the Covenant layered in gold

the rest of the rankings do not have wings that I have ever read about

Please give me these rankings as used in scripture?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On the one hand angels are like many other things in that it's okay to be interested in them, but not too much interest.

However on the other hand, any interest in angels can be dangerous because they are the same beings as the devils are. So there are good angels and evil ones.

They have free will just like we do. As stated above, they have more knowledge of much more things than we do. For me, it's the good angels that I'm interested in. I wish we knew more about them, but we don't. I'd like to know more about them because perhaps they could serve to encourage me. I don't need this, but it would be nice to have.

I think those other names of angels that aren't in the Bible come down through other ancient writings. Are they real names of angels? Probably. If there are unknown billions of angels and if they all have names as we do, those may be some of the names. Just don't start calling to them.

Again, it's okay to be interested, but not too much so. And if any kind of angelic being contacts you be sure to check out what he says with the Bible. If he tells you things that are not in the Bible, or go against the Bible, he isn't one of God's angels. Once you know that, you know all you need to know. I will probably always have an in interest in them. At the same time, I realize I will never know everything about them I'd like to know until I am gone from Earth. And that is okay.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

~~~~

can anyone share more on this ?

Could a angel come or appear to anyone now a days ?

Yes to both questions.

You may find the following book of interest. It if from a person up here in Maine, Dr. Robert Genevicz, it's title is Guardians In The Dark.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-genevicz/1a/86b/a74

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to agree with Brother Onelight. An appreciation of angels is merited. However, an unhealthy focus on them is not wise and amounts to Worship.

Well , I never said anything about, worshiping them, never even thought of that. How could anyone think such a thing ? It is beyond me,

unless when one came, the person that it visted, thinks it is God, but then the angel would say "Don't bow down to me, I also am a servant of God",... of course if it was Lucifer,or another of the "rebels" it would probabley lie, and let you keep thinking it is God, but if one knows God, and Jesus, and enough of the Word of God,they would see that is is a liar, and not God,

So are you trying to say that this thread is a "unhealthy" focus on them ? I don't understand, at all what you are trying to "plant",..until I read, YOUR idea of worshiping them, I had never imagined such a thing.

There is a reason that the angels mentioned in Isaiah 6 covered their bodies with their wings. It was to keep the focus where it belonged.

Here you really lose me, I know: ISAIAH 6 from the King James version, but it dose not say anything like what you are suggesting, I am not sure what you mean, "Keep the focus where it belongs",...the bible dose not say anything about ,focus, or where it belongs,

The Book of the Prophet ISAIAH,

CHAPTER 6.

1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. * 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. * * 4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. * 5 ¶Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. * 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: * 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. * 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. * 9 ¶And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. * 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. 11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, * 12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land. 13 ¶But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof. * *

In fact, it dose not say they covered theyre body,

1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. * 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Twain means "pair" or 2, with 2 he covered his face, and 2 he covered his feet,...no mention as to why, MY focus, was on what they were saying ""Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."", and this is true. Next, because it all happens so fast, "" 5 ¶Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts. * 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: * 7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. *""" My focus, is on that hot coal, and it burned!,..

In my dream, I saw,heard and felt what Isaiah saw,and felt,and heard,

"8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."", and I woke up, saying the same,...talking in my sleep ? I went back to sleep, the entire "BOOK", past before my eyes, in my dream,..the next day I went to a minister/friend,..and told him, I now believe, and want you to pray with me, I am going to ask JESUS, to come into my life, ISAIAH the prophet, his Book, in the HOLY bible, made me understand, helped me come to accept Jesus,..

The "things" you are suggesting, or trying to imply, are so far beyond my thoughts, they don't make sense,..but please, don't try to explain, what you are trying to focus on, when you imagine, it says they covered theyre bodies, or why,..

I don't want to know your thoughts and imaginings.

Any way, this thread was certainly not started, with any thoughts of worshiping anything, GOD is who I worship,.I really can not comprehend the thought of worshiping anything else.

I have a sleep disorder, called NARCOLEPSY, if you do a google, you will see, what that is,..if you don't know. One of the many characteristics, of this sleep disorder, is the dreams, can seem very real, in my case, all though the first half of my life, it was a affliction, when I finally was found, by JESUS, or a angel sent by Him, things turned around, my affliction became a blessing.

SELAH!,..

God bless you, for the replys, anyway, it makes it more interesting.

Edited by GarryRicketson

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

~~~~

can anyone share more on this ?

Could a angel come or appear to anyone now a days ?

Yes to both questions.

You may find the following book of interest. It if from a person up here in Maine, Dr. Robert Genevicz, it's title is Guardians In The Dark.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-genevicz/1a/86b/a74

Thank you on this, but I do not trust LinkedIn , and it says you have to join that, to read it,..is there any other way ?,...The thing is a had a lot of trouble with linkedin spam, coming to my e-mail, I do not want to give them my new e-mail address. But thank you, I can look on "google" too. Also, I am not saying any angels actually visited me, I don't think so, occasionally, like I say, in a dream, usually, like when I read about them in the bible, so as far as I am concerned they are just part of the dream, just as they are part, of the stories in the Bible. I do not watch T.V. for the very same reason, it can cause my dreams to get really ugly, and then I don't sleep well. ..there isn't anything good on T.V. anyway, that I know of. Thanks, from Garry

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Don't get me wrong, i always get turned down for new age stuff but people take me wrong. Tell you the truth i don't care

about it to the point where i believes it's true but i do have my opinions. The way i veiw new age stuff is as another genre

of stuff i like to read. Some people like fantasy some like poetry some like drama, well I like new age. And if you take a trip

to barns and nobles new age is apparently a genre too lol.

The problem is that you appear to take new age stuff as equal to the weight of the word of God. You give credence to that stuff when it is not His word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Naturally i would get defensive but your right, I do tend to do that. But i'm an 15 year old artist, im young and full of ignorance.

I try to be a sage, keeping my head up, because i'm not the average teen I look forward to getting old.Its my dream and passion

Because of that i take all information and cherish it, especially on topics I like. I just want to be a wise person, and I think the wise

thing to do is to never turn down any knowledge weather it's unconfirmed or not, especially when it comes to religion.

If you are full of ignorance you are no sage lol.

But it is good you want to know truth. Thing is you also need to be able to tell what is truth from what is junk. Not all "knowledge" is real knowledge, nor is it good.Sometimes you gain knowledge from listening to those who are have been believers for awhile (cough like me cough).

New age stuff is not remotely the word of God. It is junk. I know. I was into it when I was unsaved. Paul tells us that not everything is good for us. That applies to this kind of thing.

1 Corinthians 10

23 All things are lawful to me, but not all things profit. All things are lawful to me, but not all things build up.

I think the wise

thing to do is to never turn down any knowledge weather it's unconfirmed or not, especially when it comes to religion.

This statement concerns me. When it comes to religion, knowledge of false beliefs, if you take them as truth, is extremely dangerous and unwise. You can be led astray that way.

The wisest man who ever lived, Solomon, said this in Ecclesiastes. You would do well to heed this:

Ecclesiastes 1

2 Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, vanity of vanities! all isvanity.

3 What is the profit to a man in all his labor which he labors under the sun?

Ecclesiastes 12

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Fear God, and keep His commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it is good, or whether evil.

Paul reiterates this.

Philippians 3

8 But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win Christ.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I just want to be a wise person, and I think the wise

While I commend you in trying to gain wisdom, wisdom does come from time, experience and knowledge.

Believe it or not it also comes from listening to people who are wiser than us. That's where a lot of the stuff I know came from - people I trust, books, and especially the bible explained.

Be careful about attributing fact to unconfirmed statements, because often "unconfirmed knowledge" turns out to be perception and opinion not grounded in truth.

Blessings.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Naturally i would get defensive but your right, I do tend to do that. But i'm an 15 year old artist, im young and full of ignorance.

I try to be a sage, keeping my head up, because i'm not the average teen I look forward to getting old.Its my dream and passion

Because of that i take all information and cherish it, especially on topics I like. I just want to be a wise person, and I think the wise

Well if you are 15, that makes a big difference to me! Had no idea :)

I was an artist at 15 myself and different...guess what? I'm STILL an artist and different...

Wisdom comes from God....the Bible reveals God's wisdom to us...try reading some of Proverbs...you will find an interesting

verse there that reads "wisdom cries out in the streets"...what does that mean?

IMO, in order to 'turn knowledge down' as you put it, one must have a solid base of truth to know what is worth keeping

and what is good for the can

I would never want to quench a desire to learn and have knowledge, but I guess I have always wanted to make my

foundation the Bible because I was saved at 5...genuinely so...and have always wanted to know the truth

I think those with an artistic passion have a genuine desire to pursue truth and an innate desire to dig deeper. It's kind of

like you want to scrape off the veneer and find what is underneath

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Sage,

It is good you told us you're 15 because that does matter. I guessed you were into new age stuff from your name and your avatar. But I was hoping I was wrong. I want to say a few things.

If you earnestly seek wisdom, but wisdom from God, you will probably get it. But it will most likely take many years. It doesn't come quickly.

The new age isn't a genre. Only maybe as far as a product to be sold in a store is it a genre. It's also not new. It's old, ancient, in fact. It is the doctrine of devils, and that's why it's old. It contains the oldest lie ever told to humans. Do this and you will be as God. It promises to give you His powers and abilities, which even the angels don't have. Neither the good ones nor the evil ones. So these doctrines of devils promise you will become something even they can't have. And it's all meant to make you turn away from God.

I have experience with it, but it wasn't of my choosing. A relative got lost to it, and I tried to stop him. He lost everything, including his mind. I only escaped because I had a foundation in the Bible. One thing we often discussed was how I know the difference between right and wrong. Because whereas he once did also, he lost that first with the new age. The answer is I have a book that tells me right from wrong. The Bible. I continue to learn from it. Imagine floating in a sea of ideas. And then imagine you're starting to drown in them. That's what happens with the new age. Now imagine the Bible in that sea of ideas and it floats and cannot sink. I grabbed onto it and held on for dear life, or for dear sanity. But to do that you have to know what the Bible says first. Otherwise it's just more ideas in the sea of ideas. I thank God I was able to hold onto what I knew was the truth. So you need to know the truth first, and then if you still want to know lies, at least you will know the truth.

Its good you came to a Christian board. Not everyone here is of God, but many of us are. Learn of the real God, the God of the Bible. Learn from the Bible and from us. After you do, you will see why the new age is mostly false.

Trust in God, and He will keep you safe.

John