IGNORED

What will happen if we turn a deaf ear to these words of God?

7angel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

:noidea: ..just wanted to let ya know where it came from... :th_wave:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Observe the great similarity to the Gospel

Matthew 25

31. "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

32. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,

33. and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

34. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

35. for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36. I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

37. Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink?

38. And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee?

39. And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?'

40. And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'

41. Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;

42. for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

43. I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

44. Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'

45. Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'

46. And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Sirach 4

1 My son, do not deny his bread to the poor, do not wait until he looks at you with pleading eyes.

2 Do not grieve the hungry - do not get mad at a homeless.

3 Do not argue with the desperate - or let the needy - yearns for your giving.

4 Do not throw the beggar overwhelmed by your misery - or turn your back to the poor.

5 Do not turn your back when it is needed, or give someone a reason to curse you.

6 But if someone curses you moved by his bitterness, who created hear his plea.

7 Let the community speak well of you, obey to the boss.

8 - Serving the poor, respond calmly, say kind words.

9 frees the oppressed from the oppressor hands, and do not be soft when justice

10 Be like a father to the fatherless and a husband to his mother. Then you will be like the Son of the Most High, will love you more than your own mother.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

forgive..I am not a scholar... I can say I do not understand why you posted from and old practically unknown translation that was never really widely accepted..and now are posting a similar sounding scripture from what I believe is the esv...

but I will say, the words from God that we refuse are truly the ones we need to be concerned over ,the ones He speaks to our hearts...

when we refuse Him when He comes to us is when we are in trouble....

but God being the loveing God that He is will take us to the lowest place we need to go to come to our senses and say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

It is from the Apocrypha, which is not a canonized book, it is not included in the King James Translation, some call it books of the Catholic Bible.

Sirach 4 10 Be like a father to the fatherless and a husband to his mother. Then you will be like the Son of the Most High, will love you more than your own mother.

Not much of a promise. Some mothers hate their children, many murder them. Your "Son of the Most High" is not our GOD.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

As I mentioned, the book of Sirach, written by Simeon ben Jeshua ben Elazar ben Sira, was rejected by the Hebrews. I suspect it was rejected after it was written sometime around 180 BC, far before the Council of Jamnia.

If you wish to discuss the reasons why it was rejected, that is fine, but you may not promote it as part of scripture. Part of the sites Statement of Faith is as follows: "We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God." If you wish to promote other books as scripture there are many other sites out there that will welcome the debate.

Our brothers and sisters in Christ who belong to the Roman Catholic Church are welcomed here. We do not allow the bashing of their faith, nor will we allow teachings from their church. There is enough in scripture we can agree upon and discuss. RCC Apologetic threads are not allowed.

The Lie

Wisdom is a spirit that is friendly to people, but she will not forgive anyone who speaks against God, for God knows our feelings and thoughts, and hears our every word.Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach 1:6 Good News Translation (GNT)

Is Not Hard To See

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. Luke 12:10

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Today, most Catholics call our non-Catholic brothers "Christians." .

This is valid in some parts of the world. That is Catholics and Christians with the latter refering to all other Christian denominations. It is not intended as superior of the one over the others.

Blessings

To all

When someone reads a book, not good or bad because it was write Peter or Paul, that we will know when we finish reading the book.

Who are these men who believe they have the authority to decide which books we read or not?

If someone tells me that book to read and what not, and I accept, what kind of person am I? - Maybe I'm an idiot who does not know if I should or not?

Are not putting a blindfold on my eyes ?

And the Spirit of truth where we left off?

canonical books of the Bible? - Who dares to censor God?

John 16

13 When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you into all the truth, he will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and will declare to you what is to come.

14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

15 All that the Father has is mine. So I said will take what is mine and declare it to you.

To all

When someone reads a book, not good or bad because it was write Peter or Paul, that we will know when we finish reading the book.

Who are these men who believe they have the authority to decide which books we read or not?

If someone tells me that book to read and what not, and I accept, what kind of person am I? - Maybe I'm an idiot who does not know if I should or not?

Are not putting a blindfold on my eyes ?

And the Spirit of truth where we left off?

canonical books of the Bible? - Who dares to censor God?

John 16

13 When he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you into all the truth, he will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and will declare to you what is to come.

15 All that the Father has is mine. So I said will take what is mine and declare it to you.

So the early church fathers were stupid and didn't know which books were inspired and which were not? Not all books that people want to call inspired are actually inspired, and no one is censoring God, in any way, shape of form. That is a false accusation. Apocryphal books, such as Sirach were not cannonized for a reason. And the reasons were because they did not enjoy widespread circulation and use within the church, had never been accepted as inspired in the first place because their origin could not be accertained, but in the majority of cases it was because some part of the book in question did not jive with something God had already said in another book. The Gospel message we have in the Bible is consistent throughout. It does not change and it does not contradict. God does not contradict Himself, so if you have a book contradicting what God has already said somewhere else, that is obviously a problem and it can't be inspired.

No one is saying that these books cannot be read. I have read the Apocrypha myself, more than once. It is interesting, but none of those books can be used as bedrock or proof for anything because they are not inspired.

Now, would you like to explain exactly what you are driving at by posting these particular verses? Because you have been asked that question a few times now and I can't help but notice that you have yet to answer the question.

Church Fathers?? - Who are they?

No man on earth can say that books are inspired by God or not

You should read better, I'm writing

Do you reject the Spirit of truth?

John 16