IGNORED

What will happen if we turn a deaf ear to these words of God?

7angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,878
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Where is this thread going?

Maybe just maybe....

rabbithole.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Men do not decide what goes in the canon of scripture which we call the Holy Bible. Just as the Holy Spirit is the author of the scriptures as they who spoke were moved by him rather than their own spirit giving a first hand and not second hand message, the Holy Spirit determines what is included in the canon as it is he who recognizes and points out his own work unto the believer. Let it be known that it was he who decided that the epistle to the Laodiceans would not be included but rather he spewed them out of his mouth.

For this cause we should not judge one another in this matter except it be that the Holy Spirit has moved us to speak out on the matter openly within the forum. If one declares that the book of Sirach is the work and words of God and others declare that it is not, then ultimately we need the Holy Spirit to make a declaration among us and judge the matter just as was done in the councils of old. Since the ministry of the boards is done via watchmen and servants then ultimately the discernment of governing such ought to be preformed by them as all power is given by God whether it be used for good or evil purposes.

I have not been moved to read or consider the book by God. He continues to choose to teach me through the 66 books in my KJV along with various texts in the original languages. My question to the OP is this: what good did you hope to accomplish by starting this discussion? Answer if you will.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Church Fathers?? - Who are they?

No man on earth can say that books are inspired by God or not

This is what I find puzzling. You say that "no man on earth can say that books are inspired by God or not." So, who gave YOU the authority to quote from the Book of Sirach? Obviously, you are not Catholic because every Catholic knows that the Bible did not just fall from the sky and that the Apostles had authority.

I know the book of Sirach, is the work of the Holy Spirit in Sirach, but I can not say it is a book inspired by God, because I can not prove it, nobody can.

I preach the Gospel explaining the parables, because I have the gift to do it, but I can not prove that I have the gift, no one can, even having the gift, you know why? - Because even though I preach the word of God correctly, nobody can understand what I say, unless God give you understanding. as to disciples of emaus

Paul says to the Corinthians, one plants another waters but it is God who makes it grow,

No apostle had authority because Jesus says, "Whoever wants to be my disciple, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" "- If a disciple of Jesus sent to preach the Gospel exercises an authority is not denying himself.

The apostles have power to heal the sick of all kinds, and emotional disorders, anxieties, depressions that are demons - but must deny himself not exercising authority or take advantage of their gifts for personal gain .doing everything in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I know the book of Sirach, is the work of the Holy Spirit in Sirach, but I can not say it is a book inspired by God, because I can not prove it, nobody can.

I preach the Gospel explaining the parables, because I have the gift to do it, but I can not prove that I have the gift, no one can, even having the gift, you know why? - Because even though I preach the word of God correctly, nobody can understand what I say, unless God give you understanding. as to disciples of emaus

Ok,Ok, you claim the book is the work of the Holy Spirit, but not of God? Ok.

You preach in parables no one can understand? That is very evident.

You say God has to gift one with understanding to know what it is you say? Is that even scriptural?

7angel, may I make a suggestion?

Try straight language for a change and see what happens?

Even Jesus explained His parables to those who heard......................

Ok,Ok, you claim the book is the work of the Holy Spirit, but not of God? Ok.

You preach in parables no one can understand? That is very evident.

You say God has to gift one with understanding to know what it is you say? Is that even scriptural?

7angel, may I make a suggestion?

Try straight language for a change and see what happens?

Even Jesus explained His parables to those who heard......................

I speak seriously - you speak with irony - why?

You do not know what it says, Jesus explained His parables only to his disciples, to others only in parables.

Luke 8

10 and he said, "To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God to others only in parables, so that = seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand. =

18 Take heed therefore how ye hear who has will be given, and whoever does not have, even what he believes it will be taken away. "

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Men do not decide what goes in the canon of scripture which we call the Holy Bible. Just as the Holy Spirit is the author of the scriptures as they who spoke were moved by him rather than their own spirit giving a first hand and not second hand message, the Holy Spirit determines what is included in the canon as it is he who recognizes and points out his own work unto the believer. Let it be known that it was he who decided that the epistle to the Laodiceans would not be included but rather he spewed them out of his mouth.

For this cause we should not judge one another in this matter except it be that the Holy Spirit has moved us to speak out on the matter openly within the forum. If one declares that the book of Sirach is the work and words of God and others declare that it is not, then ultimately we need the Holy Spirit to make a declaration among us and judge the matter just as was done in the councils of old. Since the ministry of the boards is done via watchmen and servants then ultimately the discernment of governing such ought to be preformed by them as all power is given by God whether it be used for good or evil purposes.

I have not been moved to read or consider the book by God. He continues to choose to teach me through the 66 books in my KJV along with various texts in the original languages. My question to the OP is this: what good did you hope to accomplish by starting this discussion? Answer if you will.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Actually, I believe that the matter is already settled by the Holy Spirit. That is why we are talking about Apostolic Authority, Historical account, and the Word of God.

These are the measures we should endorse not a private interpretation. A private interpretation leads to cultic behavior and also can lead one astray.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

"disciples of emaus"

Can you explain to me who emaus is that this person would have disciples? I only know one language, and when I use a translator, it comes up with Emmaus, which is a town.

Luke 24

The Appearance on the Road to Emmaus.*

3 Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles* from Jerusalem called Emmaus,

14 and they were conversing about all the things that had occurred.

15 And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them

16 but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing as you walk along?” They stopped, looking downcast.

18 One of them, named Cleopas, said to him in reply, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know of the things that have taken place there in these days?”

19 And he replied to them, “What sort of things?” They said to him, “The things that happened to Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,k

20 how our chief priests and rulers both handed him over to a sentence of death and crucified him.

21 But we were hoping that he would be the one to redeem Israel; and besides all this, it is now the third day since this took place.

22 Some women from our group, however, have astounded us: they were at the tomb early in the morning

23 and did not find his body; they came back and reported that they had indeed seen a vision of angels who announced that he was alive. 24 Then some of those with us went to the tomb and found things just as the women had described, but him they did not see.”

25 And he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke!

26 Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer* these things and enter into his glory?”

27 Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures.p

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, he gave the impression that he was going on farther.

29 But they urged him, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.

31 With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.

32 Then they said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning [within us] while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?”

33 So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem where they found gathered together the eleven and those with them

34 who were saying, “The Lord has truly been raised and has appeared to Simon!”q

35 Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Luke 24

The Appearance on the Road to Emmaus.*

3 Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles* from Jerusalem called Emmaus,

14 and they were conversing about all the things that had occurred.

15 And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them

16 but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing as you walk along?” They stopped, looking downcast.

18 One of them, named Cleopas, said to him in reply, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know of the things that have taken place there in these days?”

19 And he replied to them, “What sort of things?” They said to him, “The things that happened to Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,k

20 how our chief priests and rulers both handed him over to a sentence of death and crucified him.

21 But we were hoping that he would be the one to redeem Israel; and besides all this, it is now the third day since this took place.

22 Some women from our group, however, have astounded us: they were at the tomb early in the morning

23 and did not find his body; they came back and reported that they had indeed seen a vision of angels who announced that he was alive. 24 Then some of those with us went to the tomb and found things just as the women had described, but him they did not see.”

25 And he said to them, “Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke!

26 Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer* these things and enter into his glory?”

27 Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures.p

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, he gave the impression that he was going on farther.

29 But they urged him, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 And it happened that, while he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them.

31 With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.

32 Then they said to each other, “Were not our hearts burning [within us] while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?”

33 So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem where they found gathered together the eleven and those with them

34 who were saying, “The Lord has truly been raised and has appeared to Simon!”q

35 Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread.

What does this have to do with Apostolic Authority?

What scriptures was he enlightening them to?

In what way was He enlightening them and to what end?

I think if you answer these questions honestly you will find that the point of the situation there was an enlightening of these fellas to Gods Will. This would exclude any extra Biblical references that tend to lead one astray since all of the Scriptures bring about a revelation of who Christ is and of the events that these men pondered in their day.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Where is this thread going?

Maybe just maybe....

rabbithole.jpg

ECHO's in there ? ..... :rofl: ... that is cute ..........enoob :P