IGNORED

The Role of Parent’s Authority in relation to a Christian?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

{Delete post not meant for this thread}

Note to self: pay more attention... {sigh}

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Women with the backbone to disagree with Mrs. Pearl’s equating of submission and obedience were swiftly discredited, often labeled “Jezebels” and shamed into repentance for their pride and rebellion

Where is the outrage?! God could have shaped two clay figures and breathed life into both, but he chose to take the woman from the man’s own flesh and bone. I have come to see that tiered process as very significant, making it consistent with nature that the woman should be the helper in the chain of command.” This theological statement revealed what her instruction has said all along; that women are not an expression of the unfathomably complex aspect of God, but rather a creature ranking somewhere in the food chain between men and animals.

this steak bites, baby.....

T-Rex.jpg

Just a Tiny bit of humor

Have you read the following book? I think it would really help you.

It might fit in pretty good with my library...have a section on dealing with manipulative people already...

BTW, that woman in the photo looks like she's lurking ....

On a serious note: I am just going to repeat a previous post:

Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right Eph 6:1

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined (cleave) to his wife, and they shall become one flesh Gen. 2:24

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you Ex 20:12

The word 'leave' (G 2:24) indicates a separation or a quitting of the first family unit, the family in which a child is born

There are 2 relationships described here: parent/child and husband/wife. The only PERMANENT one is the husband/wife

relationship. The husband does not leave his wife and the wife does not leave her husband (speaking in absolutes)

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9 This, refers ONLY to the marriage. It does not refer

to the parent/child relationship. Gen 2:24 says a man will LEAVE the first family and CLEAVE to his wife. He does NOT and

there is NO command for the man to CLEAVE to his father.

MAJOR problems occur when the parent/child relationship is treated as the primary one when the primary relationship is husband/wife

The word 'cleave', translated from the Hebrew, means to pursue someone 'hard' and to be stuck or glued to someone. Therefore, it

can be said that a man pursues after his wife and should be stuck to her like glue. The cleaving indicates that no other relationship should

come between. This, is the closest relationship on this earth...so much so in fact, that it is described like this:

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Is there some third party in the mystery regarding Christ and the church? How can marriage illustrate this mystery, as Paul states,

if there are actually three persons in the marriage, dad, son and wife? And why state that when dad dies the son is free? How would

that line up with Christ and the church? Who's going to die there? Christ already died and there are only two parties in the mystery

The scriptural admonitions to honor our parents means simply to treat them with a respectful attitude, obeying Godly instruction (which actually

the husband does with his own children, simply continuing as the Bible instructs) and finally, possibly looking out for them or caring for them

when they are older Mark 7: 10-12 and I Tim 5: 4-8

So where is the line drawn? Is there a line drawn? Absolutely. The line is drawn when one command overrides the other so that

one principal actually violates the other because it would be impossible to comply with both at the same time to their fullest implications

(before a marriage takes place.)

In other words, if a parent is meddling in the marriage and citing 'children obey your parents', that parent is going beyond their authority

and coming BETWEEN the married parties wherein the man is commanded to CLEAVE to his wife, again, meaning that NOTHING

comes between them...not daddy, not mommy, not the children, not the neighbor

If there is such a time that a child is no longer under the authority of their adamic parents and following lineage then how does one determine the exact time that this authority ceases to exist? If one cites Gen 2:24 as the time then it stands to reason that a man who never marries never is brought out from under the bondage of the chain of authority.

Concluding that marriage is the only way a man (or woman) ceases to be under their parents authority is looking for support for

a preconceived notion IMO

What I reposted, concerns marriage, but now we have this gem regarding the question of parental control authority inserted in a way

as to go almost unnoticed

You do have some very cute ways of getting yr point driven in like a tent peg inserted as though it had not been previously addressed

If one reasons that their is some other standard by which to know when the parents authority over the child ends then Gen 2:24 cannot be cited. So which is it? When does the bible 'clearly' state that the child is free to independently decide all matters for themselves without the need to go by that which honors their parents wishes?

What other standard would you like to introduce here? No one has done anything but quote scripture...including you, we just do

not see it in the same order or for that matter, with the same intent. How is it that you are holding on to Gen. 2:24 like Helen and

Bill hung onto that pole in 'Twister' ?

If you are going to state that depending on that one verse is the rosetta stone of your position, as we go round and round

looking for a way off an imaginary carousel, forgive me asking 'when does the Bible state that an adult

th_pacifiersafety1_zps98843569.jpg

is ALWAYS a child?

Same coin...other side

How about if the young fellow trots off to war? Whose your daddy then?

kindly forgive the humor...that's just me

Have you read the following book? I think it would really help you.

It might fit in pretty good with my library...have a section on dealing with manipulative people already...

BTW, that woman in the photo looks like she's lurking ....

Yes, you should check it out. Which photo did you mean?

The "If Mama Ain't Happy..." or "Behind Every Good Man..."?

The one behind the man. The other looks like a chef thrown off one of those cooking programs (that I don't watch)

Women with the backbone to disagree with Mrs. Pearl’s equating of submission and obedience were swiftly discredited, often labeled “Jezebels” and shamed into repentance for their pride and rebellion

Where is the outrage?! God could have shaped two clay figures and breathed life into both, but he chose to take the woman from the man’s own flesh and bone. I have come to see that tiered process as very significant, making it consistent with nature that the woman should be the helper in the chain of command.” This theological statement revealed what her instruction has said all along; that women are not an expression of the unfathomably complex aspect of God, but rather a creature ranking somewhere in the food chain between men and animals.

this steak bites, baby.....

Just a Tiny bit of humor

Lol.

Article reference: http://www.recoverin...every-good-man/

As to single women who are never encouraged to get out of the home...

Where is the outrage?! Where is the indignation by Christian leaders at this inaccurate representation of God?! Is it any wonder that patrio-centricity has crept across all denominational lines? Any wonder that countless unmarried adult women have forsaken the example of godly women like Elisabeth Elliot and Amy Carmichael to become part of the stay at home daughter phenomenon?

And the following quote...

Submissive wives, in their misplaced desire to be in the will of God, never questioned the scriptural basis for the path their husbands chose. After all, his voice was the voice of God. Conservative Christian leaders failed to call out the inaccuracies, opting instead to be grateful for the counterbalance to the feminist movement it provided. Like the widow who gave her last two mites to a God who didn’t demand it via a religious system that scorned her, women everywhere suffered in silence, giving rise to unprecedented patrio-centricity and an “umbrella of protection” perched atop an iron rod. My mother believed with all her heart that this type of submission was the only way to please God.

A husband is still a man and prone to error. The same errant theology is taught to children – Dad is the voice of God.