• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/2016

“How do you become a Christian (in words/terms understandable to an unbeliever)?”

To become a Christian, one should believe in the highest, ultimate power and name called God. One’s belief of God should be according to the Holy Bible. God should be perceived as purely good, perfect and without fault. One’s conscience, feeling or realization should be that one has done wrong, evil really, in life. God as purely good hates not the person, but that evil, and must judge it and punish it as righteous justice. One must believe they are guilty before good God, yet that our same loving God has provided the only solution. This being Jesus Christ, God walking the Earth as a man. As payment for the evil committed in one’s life, God’s wrath crucified and killed Jesus, so that we may live. Eternally alive now, one need not fear the default fate of suffering unimaginable torture forever when one dies. Instead, one looks forward to heaven with Jesus and all who believe God’s Holy Bible.

“How did you become a Christian (in words/terms understandable to an unbeliever)?”

Acts 11:26
Authorized (King James) Version

26 and when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Mark; Christ made. said:

To become a Christian, one should believe in the highest, ultimate power and name called God

Fortunately  God is wiser and far more gracious than we are. He does not require  us to have great theological know.edge, to know a creed or confession, nor does he say we must live a moral life to become a Christian.

He expects  us to receive his gift of faith, to confess what we now believe and to seek to live in obedience to his commands.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You call out to Jesus in belief: The because
Evil began in lie... 
A lie is simply a perversion of truth and can be simply seen as-> in order for lie to exist- Truth must be existing first...
This is the economy of Good verses evil / God verses satan!

Thus, lie was not a created substance of God as shown us by Scripture:
Lucifer's being- originated lie by wanting to keep the glory bestowed on him, that was to be returned to God, for himself... in this desire of glory the lie, as in iniquity, began within him 

Isaiah 14:13 (KJV)

[13] For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

[14] I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

As we see lie can never have part with truth as it opposes and perverts... existing only on the merit of itself having no part with God...
This we understand the separation is by essence of nature of~ not substance of - for God never had anything at all to do with it's being! The communication of God to allow this thinking

Jeremiah 19:5 (KJV)

[5] They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Jeremiah 32:35 (KJV)

[35] And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

When Adam and Eve followed the lie- God's essence of Spirit, that which energized life, left them and in that moment died to the image they once held and became separated from God. To have the resource of essence of God- God must give it from Himself and as His substance is Spirit... it could not be gotten by a fallen cursed world nor the fallen humanity within it! The next 4,000 years God would show man this truth... some saw this truth and in their hearts they totally relied upon God to provide what they could not for themselves... this being the OT saints. Then Light as describe as: 
John 14:6 (KJV)

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This light came into a dark, sin ridden, world separated from God and explained the reality of the need and it could only come from God Who 'IS' Love

John 3:16-21 (KJV)

[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20] For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
[21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God

We see how awful and dreadful sin generated evil is by the way of the cross and This beautiful Son of God that came into the world to provide the way of salvation for all who would come -testifies by Life and Truth this reality...

Salvation is a personal event where one sees, through the witness of The Scripture, God's Word, all that they are and all that they are in is dark and evil ...  This leaves the heart in a desperate place of void and worthlessness and the only recourse is to cry out in that place of belief to Jesus - Lord will you save me from all this-> that I might live in your Way, Truth, and Life. You have His guarantee that He will hear you

John 10:9 (KJV)
[9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Revelation 3:20 (KJV)
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

You must enter in through Christ 'Spiritually' as this is called new birth, born again, born of God and only God can place Himself within you! Your bodies will not be redeemed 

Genesis 3:19 (KJV)
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return

Those who have found this new s/Spiritual Life cannot no longer live in their bodies as they once did but war has begun in themselves to walk in truth and in s/Spirit and not in the old ways...

• Thumbs Up 1