GoldenEagle

De-Evolution of Culture Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is morally wrong?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe that people living together before marriage is a sin?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Do you believe that spouses should be faithful to one another and not commit adultery?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

do you believe that we should have same sex marriage or not?

I don't have a same sex marriage. If you do, is another topic. And I believe that I should not have a same sex marriage.

Thomas

Edited by thomas t

Guest shiloh357

I don't have a same sex marriage. If you do, is another topic. And I believe that I should not have a same sex marriage.

Thomas

Do you believe in same sex marriage?? Do you see that as biblical permissible union?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Just because a certain behaviour is found in nature does not necesarilly make it morally right. It may be "natural" or "normal" but that doesn't make it right either. We live in a fallen world and both animals and men exhibit "fallen" behaviour.

To give an example, observe the behaviour of a mother rabbit when she feels that her offspring is threatened. She often will eat her own young. Is it normal for a frightened mother rabbit to act this way? Yes. Is it natural? Well, it occurs in nature, so, yes. But, is this right? Is this the way it should be? Of course not.

Thomas

Do you believe in same sex marriage?? Do you see that as biblical permissible union?

Hello Shiloh,

look, my brain size is limited. I decided to make choices between biblical topics in that I want to know my way around and others that I simply ignore. Bible and Homosexuality belongs to the latter category... I'm sorry.

Thomas

Guest shiloh357

Thomas

Hello Shiloh,

look, my brain size is limited. I decided to make choices between biblical topics in that I want to know my way around and others that I simply ignore. Bible and Homosexuality belongs to the latter category... I'm sorry.

Thomas

Your capacity for knowloedge is not limited. That is just nonsense. I didn't ask you about the Bible and homosexuality. I asked you about whether or not you approve of same sex marriage. No need to try and be evasive. It's a simple yes or no question.

Guest shiloh357

Thomas

Okay....so we are both in the same page. We both believe that same sex marriage should not be permissible.

Uh, that isn't what he said. He simply said that same sex marriage isn't for him. He didn't say anything about whether it should or should not be permissible.

Hello Selene

We both believe that same sex marriage should not be permissible.

No, don't put words in my mouth. Thank you.

Okay....so we are both in the same page.

Well, I don't know...

Do I need to explain to you how same sex marriage weakens the family structure or is this something you already know?

Could you please avoid any patronizing tone, please? Thank you.

You made an allegation that "the homosexuals" managed to weaken the family structure. You wrote :

and homosexuals were able to legalize same sex marriage, and again the family structure is weakened.

I think, since you did not provide any proof for this chapter, it is an unproven allegation against homosexuals. But I don't want to accuse you, because maybe you come up with some proof now...

Thomas

Edited by thomas t

Shilo, thank you for your intervention.

Your capacity for knowloedge is not limited. That is just nonsense.

I'm not quite sure, whether to take this as a compliment. My capacities are limited, Shilo. I'm just a human. I'm 32 years old. I really feel stressed when I start to want to know everything the Bible is presenting us...

Do I approve to same sex marriage. Look, this is the problem. I don't know. My sexual identity is heterosexual, I don't feel the need to study into this.

Guest shiloh357

Shilo, thank you for your intervention.

Your capacity for knowloedge is not limited. That is just nonsense.

I'm not quite sure, whether to take this as a compliment. My capacities are limited, Shilo. I'm just a human. I'm 32 years old. I really feel stressed when I start to want to know everything the Bible is presenting us...

The Bible is designed to be searched out, to be studied and meditated upon. There is no one verse, chapter or book of the Bible that has all of the truth on a given subject. That is by design. Why would Bible study stress you out? Unless you didn't like or agree with what it says???

Do I approve to same sex marriage. Look, this is the problem. I don't know. My sexual identity is heterosexual, I don't feel the need to study into this.

God is very plain and simple about it: Homosexuality is a sin and He hates it. The need is there regardless of how you feel about it.

Why would Bible study stress you out? Unless you didn't like or agree with what it says???

Shiloh, I love everything God tells us through the Bible. But the Bible is very big to me.... and I'm more interested in matters that concern me more...

Shiloh, I'm making choices, now. Choices between topics I want to discuss and other topics.

On top of that, I'm in a challenging phase of my professional life, I have to make choices between what I want to know and what I don't want to know in order to not overcharge my time ressources.

Nevertheless, I think that if I ever want to formulate a statement about homosexual life styles, it should come out of love for gay or lesbian people. At the moment, I know one at my church, who at least was homosexual, but he seems to have come to a good conclusion (that I didn't quite get). I have another friend on facebook, who is homosexual. Well, I really have other things in my life that need my handle, and I don't even know if my facebook friend wants to know about my attitude (still to be elaborated) about homosexuality... and we didn't mail since a year or so...

Have a good time,

Thomas