• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I absolutely agree OldShep

I think that I spent the best part of my adult life blaming god for everything then I got sick wound up in hospital and on a ventilator and as I was recovering I had everything else fall apart. My contract ended and then gradually my whole workaholic lifestyle ended. I was moaning to a friend in the ward on day after a horrible lung function test, I just blurted out 'god hates me look how bad my whole life is now' and she turned back and said - i bet you didnt thank him when it was wonderful.

I spent a large part of my life pointing the finger at others and when that run out it was God hates me! Now I realized that I really was my own worst enemy and had the friends from hell. Took the wrong advice from the wrong people and above all I have a multi faith family so everything was viewed as a punishment from god.

I do think its possible to be almost trained through negativity to blame everything on god. I just neglected my own health while over working and got really sick. It was all my own fault this time and I had to accept the full responsibility. But going back to the original question, if all that didnt happen I dont think i ever would have found faith and become a Christian.

Bad things can be good too - just depends on the scale of what the Bad thing is!

Edited by freeinnocentspirit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

It is how we react to it. And how that we need to depend on God. For bad things whether big or small. As we need to depend on Him. He never fails nor never, ever will! We ask ourselves that as it is not the first nor will it be the last!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

freeinnocentspirit

Bad things can be good too - just depends on the scale of what the Bad thing is!

No bad thing is good, but we rejoice when adversity comes our way. Tribulation produces patience. Patience, hope.

That next day I found out that my young son of 9 had cancer.. Not just any cancer, but the stuff that is rare and not very curable. It was just 9 days after that, I got a call from Chicago Memorial Hospital for Children and was told my son would not live through the night, at best next morning.

Now that is a bad and evil thing. No good is found in that. Some unlearned Christians call it "God's greater purpose" or something stupid like that.

Brothermike, This is what I meant by determining what the scale of Bad is. I think we could all spend hours trying to figure a range from what is bad and when a bad things turn evil. My process of finding faith in God all came from a process of find all my own flaws that caused my own problems. I was literally my own worst enemy. We need to know about more the bad things that are posed in the initial question.

I am by no means trivializing anyone else's hard times or suffering - I sympathize with your experience of a child with cancer, completely. What I want to clarify is that at a certain point of my life I would classify small hurdles in life as bad and then blame God for that (not accept any responsibility myself for my actions!) and then shift towards being more of an agnostic person and forever lost. I think its a part of certain environments that people grow up in what you adapt to, my aunt would say at every difficulty that life presents 'oh god's testing you' and that would make me mad as a teenager and think 'I dont need to be tested on!'. Now as an adult when she repeats that phrase I have the knowledge to now quiz her and say 'oh really, where and in which holy scripture?'

I think Jean74 has summed it up well. God always provides.

Edited by freeinnocentspirit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you wish to continue discussing your different understand of this, I suggest you start another thread in General. This forum is to welcome someone and to encourage them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

you found nothing encouraging to what I wrote Onelight? ummm

The whole thread is about who's fault is it, when things go bad... Is God behind the Bad? Is God just sitting on his laurels and watching the bad happen?

God gets the blame, for about everything........... The dead child in the casket, must have been for some greater good we never will understand.... God did it.

Or, can it be that we are told to have faith, obey, and do as he has called us to do.. Could it be we have a part? If God sent his Word for us to be delivered. o heal us from our own mess (Destructions) why are not some delivered, some healed, some getting victory? Is it God's fault? Lack of Justice? Who gets the blame...?

Jesus Is Lord.

Brother Mike, what do you say to the one who spoke and acted in faith yet he remained sick or his loved one died? He did his part. He believed it would come to pass. It did not. The bad still happened. What went wrong?

Gary

would you then say that "Bad" would be determined by your faith and relationship with your father in heaven at the time? The greater the Relationship, and your faith and trust in him, the perception of "BAD" changes?

:thumbsup:

Jesus IS LORD

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. 1 Peter 4:12-19

~

ya, got to watch the Devil... The truth about the devil is that.............

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

Jesus IS LORD

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: Genesis 3:14

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

I need some help understanding God's justice.

Any ideas why bad things happen to Christians, innocent people? Where is the justice here?

Do we have to wait till the end for justice to be served?

Please let me know what you think.

God never promised that we have it easy if we followed him, he did promise though that he would always be with us and never leave us. It is true that we are not innocent for we have all sinned. We cannot judge other people because their sin is different from ours, we have ALL sinned. That being said, things happen in life, sometimes it happens to strengthen our faith in God. We don't just go from being a baby Christian to being an adult Christian in one day, we must go though trials, those trials strengthen our faith and our trust in God. God wants us to learn to depend on him fully, if everything was always good what need would we have to depend on him. Edited by Love is alive

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

freeinnocentspirit

Brother, would you then say that "Bad" would be determined by your faith and relationship with your father in heaven at the time? The greater the Relationship, and your faith and trust in him, the perception of "BAD" changes?

Now as an adult when she repeats that phrase I have the knowledge to now quiz her and say 'oh really, where and in which holy scripture?'

ya, got to watch the Devil... The truth about the devil is that............. If he could have killed you, he would have done it long ago. He uses people without their knowledge to hurt our faith... The word says that As a roaring lion, He has to seek who he can devour. Not, everyone is a instant, just add water, ready made meal for him.. He has to send things that chip away our faith, and trust in God, to just even get a shot .

Jesus Is Lord.

My response today, comes after my return home from the Hospital. Tuesday while cleaning the yard I suffered yet another heart attack. Fearing I would die while out side contractors were removing some stumps I allowed a friend to call an ambulance for me. They arrived and found me in the garage sitting in my chair with chest pains and a really bad case of the shakes. I had popped Nitro, and 4 baby aspirin, yet the Pain and the breathing got worse. They worked on me for better then a 1/2 hour before leaving the yard.

Was this a {BAD} thing?

The work I was doing did not get done by me, but, I learned in the Hospital that my neighbors all got together and finished what I had started and could not finish. While in the Hospital I was able to briefly share the Lord with a room mate and a nurse. While in the hospital, the family learned of the new birth of a little 8 pound 9 ounce baby girl. Mom is doing her residency at the hospital and the Baby is very cute. Friends came down from around the state to see her and dropped by to see me as well.

Test show that the attack did not damage the heart any more then it already has been damaged by the other events that I have had. Yet, the real cause of this event remains unsure, however, this morning I realized I forgot to take any of my meds on Tuesday or the night before, because I was out helping my neighbors. That may have had something to do with it, but, I choose to believe that the brief contact with the people I met, may be used by the Lord, to have planted a seed. I will of course have tons of paper work to do and more meds may be coming, but, I'm still here. Once I get my strength back I will keep doing what I do with the Lords help, and the help of my neighbours. Praise God !!!!

Did I say that the New little Baby is the cuties baby I've seen since the birth of my own little baby?

the perception of "BAD" changes?
I think that question may be lead to something Holy.

ICL~~~~Dennis....

PS...I do need prayers that I remember to take my meds, I some times get wrapped up in what I'm doing and loose time.

....Do we have to wait till the end for justice to be served?

Please let me know what you think....

Well, The LORD God Almighty Is The Only Living God And He Is The God Of Mercy And Of Grace

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

As He Waits For The Sons Of Adam And The Daughters Of Eve

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:9-10

To Choose In Whom They Will Trust

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

And Love

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:7

And As Believers Continue To Know Their God,

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21

From The Deepest Chambers Of Their Hearts, They Will Give Him Worship

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.

I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.

Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. Psalms 66:16-20

Blessed Be God

From Whom All Blessings Flow