behindthewalls24

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I need some help understanding God's justice.

Any ideas why bad things happen to Christians, innocent people? Where is the justice here?

Do we have to wait till the end for justice to be served?

Please let me know what you think.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Well, first of all, there are no "innocent" people, we are all guilty of breaking God's laws. Second, we live in a fallen world and must live with the consequences of God's curse upon all of creation because of man's rebellion. Remember, God never promised us a rose garden if we become Christians, Jesus himself said to "take up your cross" and follow him. Read about how most of the apostles lived and died, and what happened to many followers in the early church. It wasn't pretty.

This life is short - very short in the light of eternity. No matter what happens here, all of our pain, suffering, fears, and tears will be no more in the coming Kingdom that is our inheritance. Make no mistake, God will right all of the wrongs, and justice will be done.

Hope this helps, :heart:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Any ideas why bad things happen to Christians, innocent people? Where is the justice here?

Welcome to Worthy.

To answer your question, God allows people to live as they wish, showing their real heart. We are not puppets where God pulls the strings. He has given us free will. When will He hand out His justice, in His time. We read in Revelation 6:9-11:

When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Welcome to Worthy ..... we all go through terrible things , I cannot understand.. I do believe that God is in total control , though.

Because , in the book of job.. it indicates that God it is showing.... He is in control over the devil.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,077
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Welcome to Worthy ..you sound as if you are suffering and want answers...well you may not like the answers you get but in the end GOD is the ONLY answer. My son died at the age of 22 from a " freak " accident.Was that just ?? he was a wonderful son and a good church going bible preaching young man so why did it happen to him ?? Only God knows, I was sad naturally but my faith tells me that God had a very good reason for it even if I will not know until judgement day.

A few years ago I was falsly accused of things that put me through torture for 3 years. it was proven time and time again that the lies were just that ...lies yet I still lost my job and could easily have lost my home Instead god has provided for me and my family in wonderful ways and I have gained far more than I lost even though at the time I was near to total dispare and very very fearful. Was it just ??? how should I know what God thought as I went through the deep and dark place ? ..all I KNOW is that God has never forsaken me even when it has been hard to think of good things and I trust that He will be with me and more wonderfully allow me to be with Him eternally.

I do hope you find peace with whatever your situation is and learn that trusting God is sometimes the ONLY way

praying for you

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have been studying this hard lately because I am suffering from both things that I have brought upon myself through being evil and suffering for things that I should not be where I am innocent of the false allegations. The question becomes "Why does an all powerful, righteous, kind, good, wonderful God allow such things to happen?", "Why doesn't God stop or prevent these things?". Especially to the one who is at the end of the suffering. The answers that I have been finding are varied and many. Some things simply teach us what it means to be obedient as it is easy to obey when all is going well but not so easy when tribulation enters the picture. Even Jesus learned obedience by the things which he suffered. Some things are allowed to happen so that Gods saving arm can be revealed as he delivers the righteous from affliction. I have found myself pleading with God on a few occasions to intervene on my behalf and others around me.

Suffering is a natural by product of God not making us robots but instead allowing us to make choices that have consequences both good and bad. Believe me, when this thing is over for me and my cup is finally fired, I will be one of the happiest people alive. I simply desire to live in a way today that does not cause God, myself or any other person to suffer. Unfortunately, when I would to do good, evil is present with me and I am still finding that I am not immune to his persuasion though I desire to be.

I think it is Gods intention to have us focus our attention and joy upon that which is to come when both God and man are present together and man has been conformed to the image of God and therefore no conflict exists between God and man or man and man.

God's love and peace be upon you continually,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Define bad things? When Paul writes in Romans that "all things work to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose", he is not talking about a better house, better health, or more money. Paul wrote this while he was under arrest in a rat infested prison (at times he was under house arrest).

What God calls us to be is Holy, and the good that Paul talks about is eternal. Now is just a blip on the radar.

It is a sad state of affairs that today's church (in the main), preaches that once you are saved, everything is a bed of roses. What they neglect to preach is that roses have thorns. Lots of them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

In my opinion I used to spend a long time dwelling on this one topic. I would over think this one topic and each and everything that happened to me and it made me negative and made my mind just close off on a spirituality level. However you need to clarify what your own level of bad is? For each person 'Bad' can be anything.

For all the bad things in my life I honestly think its all happened to me because I was on a predestined path - were a chain of events have resulted in me lets say going through a lot of crap (or broken down) to get to this point in my life. Bad experience is good if you can take something out of it and use it for the greater good! - what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When Jesus was resurrected he told the apostles that all authority had been given to him on heaven and earth....... yet I read in the Revelation to St. John that the kingdom of this world will not become the kingdom of our Lord until the seventh angel sounds his trumpet.

To reconcile this to myself I have to see that Jesus is just not exorcising his full authority on planet earth at this time in a general way. and won't until He returns and takes it by violence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Here I go again, about to rock the boat.

What I think, is based on my Faith in Jesus, my belief in God the Father, and the Holy Spirit within me.

I think people blame God too much, for allowing Bad things to happen, because we have not come to that place in our Faith that we fully Trust Him, to Love us. We do not fully grasp hold of the idea that He allows us to use Free Will. When my little girl died, God did not cause it, He was not pulling the strings on the events that caused her death, but He was there to bring her home. Bad things happen and I for one fell to my knees and in anger, rage and with great suffering in my heart I scream out to God, why!

I was not seeking, justice, I was seeking understanding, my heart wanted my little girl back, but, she was now in a much better place, God knows all that happened before her passing, He will hold all accountable in His timing.

I think... far too many people scream for justice, when what they really want is revenge, they want the other person to feel the Pain they carry, they want them to suffer 10, 20,....100 times more then what they have felt. Because we allow feeling to control our acts and our thoughts at times.

I have traveled the world and have seen just about all the horrors of this world done to people that were just living their lives, murdered by would be rulers of the land, soldiers for Leaders that care less for human life then they do for a pet in their house hold. I think Free Will sucks at times, but, I still can not Blame God.

Weather is another thing many Blame God for. Many believe that God controls all the weather and He is up in Heaven using his finger to whip up great storms to punish those people that do not follow Him, or people that call themselves Christian but do not by into another person belief system. I personally do not Blame God, for causing Bad weather, I praise Him for saving those who live through such things and by Faith accept the idea that He will allow those who may not have heard of Jesus, to accept Him as their savior. My Faith tells me God, would not have sent His Son to die for us, if, He was planning to keep sending great storms to kill people that did not believe in Him, the flood will never happen again. I do not blame God for that tornado that ripped a little 18 month old child from her bed and killed her. {I was a tornado chaser, long before they made a movie about it}

Because of my view of this subject, some tell me I'm going to Hell. Others..have accused me of calling God a lair...Free Will, it is your Choice, Praise God in everything, not, only in times that He saved you from the flood but in times of plenty as well.

IMG_5836.jpg

ICL~~~Dennis