silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

the reason i highlighting this question is bcs in 2009,when i was earnestly sharing the bible to somebody,he just asked me a questing:why you love a GOD who always launching the slaughter -----in the OT,on the way the Israelite entering into the promise land,GOD was always command them to kill all the people in the city,and it is even GOD

harden their heart then they would fighting with Israelite and then be killed

remember one of the sins of king Soul?:he do not killed the one GOD want him to death

and kind David always killed all the people in the city he conquered ,and GOD never blamed him for this

------these questions ,always in my mind these years,before that guy gave me such a tough question,the image of Jehovah GOD was always a kind dad old with with

white moustache and preparing to help the poor at any time,although i had read bible several times at that time,but the bloody story in bible never came into

my mind

do you know why i am so puzzled in this question?

bcs i was born in

slaughter,i am not mean i am somebody,but do you know at the year i was born,bcs of the earthquake ,more than 200000 died at one night

and another huge earthquake

hit china in 2008,and more than 80000 persons died,and in 2011 ,the terrible earthquake hit japan and i think you all

know,and a famous south Korea pastor declared that it was the punishment from GOD ,bcs the japanese always reject GOD and worship the idol

-----as the plagues happenned so many in these years,i think we who believe in "GOD is in control of all the things" should pay atten to the bloody plagues

in bible

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

You must remember, we live in a fallen, sin-stained world. This planet and all of creation are under God's curse. But, praise God, one day soon, the curse will be lifted and all of creation redeemed through Christ.

This life is temporary and short. Hold on to what is eternal. God will make all wrongs right.

Blessings! :heart:

Moses:the Pharaoh tried to kill all Hebrew baby boy

Jesus:herod killed all the kids in and around bethlehem whoe were 2 years or under

they are the savior of the nation/world,they bring the life,but why their birth accompanied slaughter

It happened because evil men give Satan a free hand in their lives, whether they are aware of it or not. You also must realize that all of those babies that were killed went straight to heaven, which is better by far. What those men meant for evil, God made good.

So who won?

God. :heart:

those babies that were killed went straight to heaven

-----which sentence in bible support this opinion?

Quoting from the "gotQuestions" site:

The one passage that seems to identify with this topic more than any other is 2 Samuel 12:21-23. The context of these verses is that King David committed adultery with Bathsheba, with a resulting pregnancy.

The prophet Nathan was sent by the Lord to inform David that because of his sin, the Lord would take the child in death. David responded to this by grieving, mourning, and praying for the child. But once the child was taken, David's mourning ended. David's servants were surprised to hear this. They said to King David, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” David's response was, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”

David's response indicates that those who cannot believe are safe in the Lord. David said that he could go to the child, but that he could not bring the child back to him. Also, and just as important, David seemed to be comforted over this. In other words, David seemed to be saying that he would see the child (in heaven), though he could not bring him back.

Based on God’s love, His goodness, His righteousness, and His perfect justice, it is appropriate to conclude that these precious children went immediately into the presence of God.

when David died ,the bible said"slept with his ancestors" ----did, do ,and will , David's ancestors all in heaven?

and remember where Samuel been brought up from by the medium after his death?out of the ground!and how Samuel predicted Saul would die?"tomorrow you and your sons shall be with me"-------where was and is Samuel in after his death?and where Samuel will living in after the final judgment?where Saul will living in after the final judgment?

i always give great thks to GOD made me a chinese,bcs i thoroughly know and understand china,i can thoroughly know and understand why bible is the "GOD tree"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

i always give great thks to GOD made me a chinese,bcs i thoroughly know and understand china,i can thoroughly know and understand why bible is the "GOD tree"

"God tree"? Can you explain that a little?

"God tree"? Can you explain that a little?

sorry,wrong typed,i mean,"good tree"

Jesus:herod killed all the kids in and around bethlehem whoe were 2 years or under

they are the savior of the nation/world,they bring the life,but why their birth accompanied slaughter

Hello Silviawang

The history of man's salvation is written in the Old Testament and foreshadows what will be fulfilled in the New Testament. Moses is an archtype of Jesus.

1) Old Testament: Moses escapes being killed as Pharoh ordered the slaughter of male children by as he was taken in by Pharoh's daughter

New Testament: Jesus escapes being killed as Herold ordered the slaughter of male children by going into Egypt

2) Old Testament: Moses led the Israelites out of slavery from Egypt.

New Testament: Jesus came out of Egypt after Herold died

3) Old Testament: Moses and the Israelites passed through the Red Sea, which became a type of baptism for them (See 1 Corinthians 10:2).

New Testament: Jesus was baptized at the Jordan River.

4) Old Testament: Moses and the Israelites went into the desert and Moses went up to the mount and fasted for forty days (See Exodus 24:18)

New Testament: Jesus went into the desert and fasted for forty days.

5) Old Testament: In the desert, the Israelites were tempted three times.

New Testament: In the desert, Jesus was tempted three times by Satan.

6) Old Testament: Moses received the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinai.

New Testament: On the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus perfected the Ten Commandments, starting with the beatitudes (See Matthew 5)

7) Old Testament: The Israelites conquered 7 powerful nations to reach the promised land.

New Testament: Christ conquered death and man's 7 deadly sins to bring us redemption.

The Old Testament is filled with so many connections like these. In a way, it's comforting to know that God was with the Israelites through it all even the Israelites did not feel He was there. Moses was considered an archtype of Christ. Moses saved the Israelites from their slavery from Egypt. Christ came with something much more. He came to save us from our slavery of sin and death.

not only Moses,Jesus performed lots of wonders just as the OT prophet had performed,this is said that OT is the testimony of JESUS,and cfm the id of JESUS

• 2 weeks later...

The mass murder of baby boys in Moses' case was due to fear of the Israelites increasing in number and rebelling since they were slaves at the time, which was a different motive than Herod had for doing the same. Herod was extremely paranoid that his dominion would be challenged by the Messiah or other leaders for that matter. Herod knew he was not a descendent of David and had no regal right to David's throne. Thus Herod had no legal right to the title "King of the Jews". In short, Herod knew he was a fraud and went to great lengths to protect his Kingdom. In my opinion, Herod believed in the OT prophesies and in the wise men's account. It was the testimony of the wise men that sent Herod on a killing spree.

you do not understand what i mean,

what i mean is :if GOD does not allow sth happen ,it will not happen,and we all know the importance Moses/Jesus,and with their birth ,the same situation was :mass baby killing,that was not the coincidence,my question is :why,why the coincidence happened?