• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hmmm is the Lord really silent or are we not hearing that still quiet voice? Elijah never heard Him in the earthquake or the fire but in the still quiet voice

I think most of us talk to much instead of waiting and listening. ...just my 2 cents worth

That's kind of what I am thinking, but as I said, I don't think there is a definitive answer, and it will vary from believer to beleiver

Along with you and Fez, I kind of thought the same things.....but then remembered that through scripture it talks about being Patient and waiting upon the Lord. David in Psalms in particular and God loved and loves David, yet David says to wait.

Psalm 27:14

"Wait on the LORD;

Be of good courage,

And He shall strengthen your heart,

Wait, I say, on the LORD!

But then another part of me says wait, God gave us His word (the Bible) and it endures forever! So when He is not speaking to us directly, He places the Bible before us, for us to read. I think it comes down to dedication, the words are always there......so where are you looking? All around, yet it is there and will always be there, all you have to do is pray and ask that the words God once breathed out sear your soul and leave a holy stamp upon your heart.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When God is silent, do you still trust in Him?

I have seen many folks start to lose their faith when He is silent. That does not speak well of their faith if they cannot still trust Him then.

It could be the reason He is silent, to grow our faith.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

nebula

But I appreciate what some have taught - sometimes the Lord plays Hide-and-go-seek with us. He's silent because He wants us to seek Him. It isn't because something is "wrong" with us, He just wants us to dig deeper into Him.

Were they not saying, What profit is it to serve God? Even the sinners are blessed? Was not his response that your words have been stout against me?

You keep saying that God "gives one nice things". that and your comment "even the sinners are blessed?", illustrates the difference between what I think and what you think.

Yes, I believe that God can bless a sinner if He so wishes. I know that He loves them.. I know that he loved me when I was a sinner, I know that He protected me and watched over me, and never once abandoned me, although I abandoned Him.

And here is the kicker. I don't care if God blesses me with "nice things", I never think about it. I just walk His path, because that is all He wants me to do.

Because I know in my heart that the "good" Paul talks about in Romans is eternal, and has nothing to do with the now.

Amen, Fez!

In America, it is the "sign" for God's favor I think - to be blessed with nice things (not what God is interested in, of course). Instead, living in Christ is supernatural! Miracles happen, needs are met, joy and peace are given, insight and wisdom are given! He is more concerned about us conforming to the image of Christ and our character above all else, in these things God is most glorified.

Seek the Kingdom of God first and His righteousness!

Edited by Farmgal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I don't know if this is applicable to the tone of this discussion, but won't there be complete silence in heaven for 1/2 hour as stated in the book of Revelation?

If that is a whole other ballgame, please forgive my ignorance. :taped:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think my wife just answered my question at home group tonight.

"Is God ever silent?"

Her answer was "never".

"Just open your bible to any page and really read, and He is talking to you".

However, at times we become so busy or distracted that we are deaf to His whisper and sometime His shout......

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

nebula

So, the question comes down to this...........

Does what we believe, how we trust God, how we trust what he said, make any difference in the outcome of our prayers?

Or

Does God already have some determined will, and our faith don't mean a thing, what we say don't mean a thing, how we first respond to bad news don't mean a thing? Our tongues do not steer the course of our life as a rudder of a ship?

And my question is what do you do when every effort you made to hear the voice of the Lord end in silence?

Better yet - do you have a word from the Lord for me as to why this is so difficult for me?

No human reasoning please.

nebula

So, the question comes down to this...........

Does what we believe, how we trust God, how we trust what he said, make any difference in the outcome of our prayers?

Or

Does God already have some determined will, and our faith don't mean a thing, what we say don't mean a thing, how we first respond to bad news don't mean a thing? Our tongues do not steer the course of our life as a rudder of a ship?

And my question is what do you do when every effort you made to hear the voice of the Lord end in silence?

Better yet - do you have a word from the Lord for me as to why this is so difficult for me?

No human reasoning please.

I'm interested in the response to those questions also, neb. You are not the only one who finds that difficult.

I have one to add:

What if, after you have done everything you know to hear the voice of the Lord and do the right thing biblically -- you get only silence? For years?

What if you still have decisions that are going to have to be made regardless and time is running out? (a "worldy" deadline, but still serious consequences.)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,273
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes God was silent for 450 years between the testaments of the old and new... Love, Steven

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

God is not silent. We are just too busy with our own lives, thoughts and worries that we don't stop and listen to Him speaking in the still small voice. Check Job.

Is God ever silent?

Psalm 22

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Why are you so far from saving me,

so far from my cries of anguish?

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,

by night, but I find no rest.