ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I guess we should start putting 5 year olds down in coal mines again.

LOL

I doubt if most people know what "hoeing beans" is, but I was doing it at age 5, my brother and I would have to take turns, the rows of beans were long! We worked on the farm our entire childhoods, good work ethics are good for a person, something that many children lack today because of these "child labor laws".

The problem is these kids today can not get a job, many companies (in this area) won't even hire 16 year olds because of all the silly regulations. They can only work so many hours, safety issues, etc. It's really silly, a 13 year old could make hamburgers at McDonalds, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, however, due to all these rules we have now, they can't work even if they want to.

Hard work doesn't hurt anyone, it teaches responsibilities, money management, time management, how to take direction, independence, this has all been taken away in many ways.

Helping milk cows on my grandmother's dairy farm and picking cotton and threshing peanuts on my other grandparents farm sure game me the incentive to go to school.

At least there will be more openings for part time work. This should help trim the unemployment rolls. I understand republicans are against minimum wage and businesses being responsible for benefits for their employees anyway.

It doesn't matter what party you belong to if you can't live on the income from a part time job. Some of us would not be able to make monthly expenses if our hours were cut below full time. I know quite a few people this has happened to, and its not a pretty picture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

At least there will be more openings for part time work. This should help trim the unemployment rolls. I understand republicans are against minimum wage and businesses being responsible for benefits for their employees anyway.

When applying for a job, an employee should be allowed to negotiate his/her salary, hours, weekend work, holidays, benefits, pensions etc. After all, it's their time and skills that are being bartered.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

LOL

I doubt if most people know what "hoeing beans" is, but I was doing it at age 5, my brother and I would have to take turns, the rows of beans were long! We worked on the farm our entire childhoods, good work ethics are good for a person, something that many children lack today because of these "child labor laws".

The problem is these kids today can not get a job, many companies (in this area) won't even hire 16 year olds because of all the silly regulations. They can only work so many hours, safety issues, etc. It's really silly, a 13 year old could make hamburgers at McDonalds, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, however, due to all these rules we have now, they can't work even if they want to.

Hard work doesn't hurt anyone, it teaches responsibilities, money management, time management, how to take direction, independence, this has all been taken away in many ways.

Helping milk cows on my grandmother's dairy farm and picking cotton and threshing peanuts on my other grandparents farm sure game me the incentive to go to school.

LOL! Yes, I agree, same here, I couldn't wait to go to college!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

LOL

I'm from Tn. I've hoed plenty of beans. I've snapped them too.

I agree farm work and other reasonable age appropriate work for children is fine.

But, I would hate to go back to the days when kids were kept out of school to work, when very small children worked in unsanitary and unsafe conditions such as sweat shops for pennies a day. We do not want to become China or go back to the days when children were chained to machines and beaten if they were not up to quota.

Well, of course not, however the laws on the books disadvantage our children greatly. We now live in the entitlement age, people believe money grows on trees. Hard work and earning wages is going by the wayside, people believe you can take without working, it's yours without doing anything. Our kids need to learn good work ethics.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Keep in mind thos part-timers will be forced to pay for health care out of their part-time salary.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Keep in mind thos part-timers will be forced to pay for health care out of their part-time salary.

but they will also be subsidized by the tax payers if they can't afford it...... and on part time salary who could afford it.... so it's still on the tax payer no matter which way we go.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

**THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE ISN'T (BUT COULD BE) PAID FOR BY THE DEMOCRAT NATIONAL COMMITTEE**

Everyone knows that republicans are just plain evil. They hate old people, young people, people of color, puppies, and even kitties.

It's past time to give the democrats their way on the minimum wage - but let's go all the way and make it $20, or even $50 per hour.

**I'M BARACK OBAMA AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE**

Blessings!

-Ed