MorningGlory

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I am on food stamps. I just got a letter in the mail saying that they are raising my benefits 200$, I have already talked to them on the phone last month asking them to cut the benefits down, but they said they can not do that. They told me that they either have to stop them all together, or keep it the same. So I told them to keep it the same and I would just stock up on canned foods, or give out food to someone in need. But now I get this letter saying they are upping it from 325$ to 550$. I am a single mom of 2 young girls, I am a fulltime student, and my income is $600 from child support, I don't have a job because I am in school all day and I want to spend time with my kids on the weekend. I haven't gotten any bad treatment for using my EBT. Well, except from my ex husband who said I was a lazy for being on welfare...but then last month he needed to buy groceries and didn't have enough $, so I went out and bought him a fridge full of food. Love your enemies right? He was shocked to say the least ;).

I pray that you are able to complete the challenge and stay nourished and healthy. Also, if you water fast every other day that would help with expenses too! God bless!

{{{Edit: to remove acronym for foul language. Please remember to follow the ToS.}}}

Edited by GoldenEagle
{{{Edit: to remove acronym for foul language. Please remember to follow the ToS.}}}

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i also pointed this out in the other thread.. different states pay different amounts in food stamps, because the cost of groceries differs from place to place. the challenge you linked to suggests everyone use a national average. that's great, i suppose, but for those who really want to do this accurately, i would encourage each person o find out what THEIR state pays per person, and use that amount for their challenge.

Good point, L.C., and I totally understand you and KatyAnn having already done your time with this. I'm going to check into the various states and I hope at least a few join me for a week. Who was it that said to 'walk a mile in another's shoes' before criticizing?

well i have. did it as a kid and also when my step family was here we all shared that tanf money. it was over 31.50 a week.for three peeps on it.