• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

w

Obamacare is a small business killer, insurance rates have risen (ours has gone up about 50%), which forces the company to either 1). pay the penalty 2). lay-off, the person who was insured will either have to pay another penalty or find their own health insurance to the tune of $800-1400 a month. Many people's insurance has already risen to these levels, insurance companies also have strategic plans to make a profit.

Lay-offs increases the number of people on gov't assistance. Obamacare is all around not good for America.

At least 47% of us knew what was coming, so not a shocking story.

What about Obamacare caused your health insurance to go up 50%? Before Obamacare my insurance rates were going up, I don't see what has changedc concerning this.

My HR head says that insurance costs ARE going up but it's only slightly due to Obamacare (the preexisting conditions clause). From what I understand, companies are already required to provide health insurance if they have fifty or more employees and have been for some time.. The main reason is the average age of workers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

w

Obamacare is a small business killer, insurance rates have risen (ours has gone up about 50%), which forces the company to either 1). pay the penalty 2). lay-off, the person who was insured will either have to pay another penalty or find their own health insurance to the tune of $800-1400 a month. Many people's insurance has already risen to these levels, insurance companies also have strategic plans to make a profit.

Lay-offs increases the number of people on gov't assistance. Obamacare is all around not good for America.

At least 47% of us knew what was coming, so not a shocking story.

What about Obamacare caused your health insurance to go up 50%? Before Obamacare my insurance rates were going up, I don't see what has changedc concerning this.

My HR head says that insurance costs ARE going up but it's only slightly due to Obamacare (the preexisting conditions clause). From what I understand, companies are already required to provide health insurance if they have fifty or more employees and have been for some time.. The main reason is the average age of workers.

Many people's insurance did not rise until Obamacare was passed. The promise of Obamacare was to make a change at a realitively low cost to the consumer, this was an outright lie seems how insurance costs have increased dramatically since its passing.

The company my husband works for employs 100,000's of workers, this is the first time our premiums have increased this much and it was AFTER Obama was re-elected. There is a pending strike over the healthcare portion of the contract.

Just google "rising cost of insurance" and almost every article will tell you it's due to Obamacare, what your HR person has said - is his/her opinion. The facts are out there, companies will be laying off due to the cost of Obamacare, not to mention the additional taxes Obama wants placed on them. Unemployment rates will skyrocket over the next year, gov't assistance will skyrocket and so will our deficit. When gov't takes control, nothing good comes from it.

Edited by Farmgal

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Heath care insurance costs have gone - and continue to go up - for a myriad of reasons. One of them is the nature of insurance itself. Did you ever ponder this?

I have car insurance. You probably have car insurance. Why? Well, one - probably because it's required by your state. But putting that aside - even if it weren't a state requirement, you probably would (for economic reasons) purchase insurance.

Would that insurance cover routine maintenance items like oil changes, tune ups and tire rotations? Probably not - those you would cover yourself. You would have the insurance for CATASTROPHIC events - like car accidents, coverage of the car and bodily injuries.

Can we all agree that - if car insurance DID cover all those routine items - that it would be prohibitively expensive?

Yet we expect health insurance to cover routine office visits and things like cosmetic surgery.

But again - this is all pointless. The merits (or lack thereof) of Obamacare have been debated ad nauseum, and the people have spoken.

This is apparently what they want - thus, this is what they shall have.

Elections have consequences. (My motto for the next four years, or until the economy crashes - whichever comes first.)

Blessings!

-Ed

Heath care insurance costs have gone - and continue to go up - for a myriad of reasons. One of them is the nature of insurance itself. Did you ever ponder this?

I have car insurance. You probably have car insurance. Why? Well, one - probably because it's required by your state. But putting that aside - even if it weren't a state requirement, you probably would (for economic reasons) purchase insurance.

Would that insurance cover routine maintenance items like oil changes, tune ups and tire rotations? Probably not - those you would cover yourself. You would have the insurance for CATASTROPHIC events - like car accidents, coverage of the car and bodily injuries.

Can we all agree that - if car insurance DID cover all those routine items - that it would be prohibitively expensive?

Yet we expect health insurance to cover routine office visits and things like cosmetic surgery.

But again - this is all pointless. The merits (or lack thereof) of Obamacare have been debated ad nauseum, and the people have spoken.

This is apparently what they want - thus, this is what they shall have.

Elections have consequences. (My motto for the next four years, or until the economy crashes - whichever comes first.)

Blessings!

-Ed

You are right, Ed! Very wise of you, if you don't mind, I think I might borrow your motto. No use arguing over this anymore, it's exhausting, the next 4 years will speak for itself.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

LIBERALISM (li-buhr-uhl-i-zm), Noun. Def: Leeches electing Looters to steal from the Producers.

My question was in no way agreement with Obamacare, but my rates have been going up before Obama care. So I would love to see how Obama care has been the reason for rates going up. My main issue with Obama care is the forced nature.

The reason Obamacare is causing our insurance rates to go up (and yes, I understand they went up previously, but there will be a drastic increase now), because there will be people, who are below poverty level, who will get free healthcare. Someone has to cover the cost, this cost gets pushed onto the insurance companies which gets pushed onto us.

If you go to an emergency room at present, they can not turn you away regardless if you have health insurance, these visits also get pushed onto the insurance companies, which get pushed onto us. One factor is illegal immigrants, they do not have insurance, but will not get turned away from ER's, another factor is the high unemployment rate, people go to ER without jobs and insurance. All of these costs end up in our lap.

It is why, when you look at people who are above poverty line right now, they STILL won't be able to afford insurance, especially with the rising cost of insurance. Now companies will be laying off to avoid having to purchase insurance and/or pay a penalty, so those people will be added to unemployment, who now will be receiving free healthcare, which will end up in our laps.

It's a non-escaping cycle, it only benefits a few Americans while trapping the rest of us. It would have made more sense to start a program helping those people w/out insurance instead of the mandate, but we don't do things that make sense.

Now back to Ed's motto. :-)

Edited by Farmgal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Ok, its time you heard from the medical side of things.

Part of obamacare is to target medical providers, doctors and pharmacists. We are being targeted for miniscule things that will end up costing us. If we do not enter the right code or miss something when submitting a claim, within obamacare it is written that outside people, not the govt, not the medical staff, but PDMs, (pharmaceutical benefits managers) people whose sole job is to handle computer claims. They audit and report any discrepancies, can file claims against you and refuse to pay you. All for a fee from the govt, a percentage of all denied claims. Under obamacare, they are so strict that many claims are denied because minor things were entered into the computer claim that have nothing to do with whether or not the prescription was done correctly and for a correct use. They have the right to contact a pharmacy and demand to review all patient records for a program like medicare for instance. Then decide if the feds should pay you or not.

They target doctors the same way. This is a large part of why doctors do not want to take on medicare or medicaid patients. Also why many are leaving the health care profession. This will only be worse when obamacare is fully implemented. I have personally seen many doctors who have already seen their claims denied and patients instead having to pay cash. My dentist for instance said that one pbm routinely denies all claims to area dentists so that the patients have to pay for it out of pocket. My husband who is a pharmacist has seen an increase of claims denied and patients having to pay for their meds out of pocket. Ask your doctor dentist or pharmacist what they have noticed this year with insurance or medicare claims.

Guest shiloh357

Romneycare, as it is called and Obamacare are not the same. There are several significant differences. So the liberal line that Romneycare is Obamacare in miniature simply isn't true. Here are some of those differences:

1) The bill called "ObamaCare" is 2700 pages long, and RomneyCare was only 70 pages in 2006. So there are 2,630 more pages of differences between ObamaCare and RomneyCare.

2) RomneyCare was uniquely designed for Massachusetts, but ObamaCare is a one-size-fits-all mandate imposed upon all states, regardless of each state's needs and economic conditions.

3) ObamaCare expands the size and power of federal government beyond the "

few and defined" powers delegated by the Constitution, thus diminishing State powers; in comparison, RomneyCare invokes "numerous and indefinite" powers to mandate that citizens be insured, thus preventing some from "gaming the system" — where free-riders were formerly getting government to pay for medical bills when they could afford to buy insurance in the first place.

4) One Trillion dollars is needed to fund ObamaCare — 500 Billion in higher taxes & 500 Billion borrowed from Medicare. In contrast, taxes were not increased to fund RomneyCare, nor were funds borrowed from Medicare.

5) RomneyCare was enacted only after Mitt Romney balanced the state budget; whereas, ObamaCare was enacted during a time when Barack Obama and a Democrat-dominant Congress didn't even try to balance a budget and didn't even propose a budget, but engaged in massive federal spending, unprecedented in the history of the United States.

6) RomneyCare is constitutional by virtue of the "numerous and indefinite" powers reserved to the States via the

10th Amendment to the Constitution; ObamaCare is unconstitutional because it overreaches the limited federal powers enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution.

7) In a June 2011 GOP Presidential Debate sponsored by CNN, Mitt Romney said that "if people don't like it in our state, they can change it." In contrast, Barack Obama has consistently resisted the repeal of his healthcare bill, even when the

majority of Americans want to repeal ObamaCare.

8) Mitt Romney passed Massachusetts Healthcare with bipartisan input and support; in comparison, Barack Obama imposed ObamaCare upon Fifty States using a partisan approach that largely excluded input from Republican Senators and Congressmen — and

continues to exclude input from "We the People."

9) While the majority of Americans don't want Obama-Care, the majority of citizens in Massachusetts support RomneyCare. According to a

2011 survey by Harvard School of Public Health and The Boston Globe, 63% of Massachusetts residents support the 2006 health law, while 21% say they oppose it.

Guest shiloh357

Ok, its time you heard from the medical side of things.

Part of obamacare is to target medical providers, doctors and pharmacists. We are being targeted for miniscule things that will end up costing us. If we do not enter the right code or miss something when submitting a claim, within obamacare it is written that outside people, not the govt, not the medical staff, but PDMs, (pharmaceutical benefits managers) people whose sole job is to handle computer claims. They audit and report any discrepancies, can file claims against you and refuse to pay you. All for a fee from the govt, a percentage of all denied claims. Under obamacare, they are so strict that many claims are denied because minor things were entered into the computer claim that have nothing to do with whether or not the prescription was done correctly and for a correct use. They have the right to contact a pharmacy and demand to review all patient records for a program like medicare for instance. Then decide if the feds should pay you or not.

They target doctors the same way. This is a large part of why doctors do not want to take on medicare or medicaid patients. Also why many are leaving the health care profession. This will only be worse when obamacare is fully implemented. I have personally seen many doctors who have already seen their claims denied and patients instead having to pay cash. My dentist for instance said that one pbm routinely denies all claims to area dentists so that the patients have to pay for it out of pocket. My husband who is a pharmacist has seen an increase of claims denied and patients having to pay for their meds out of pocket. Ask your doctor dentist or pharmacist what they have noticed this year with insurance or medicare claims.

Which explains the shortage of doctors under Obamacare.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sadly, these facts will be ignored.