• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I started this a while back on a work related trip I took in response to:

I finished it today. I thought I’d share…

God Bless,

GE

What would life be without my wife?

My wife is a beautiful, fun, exciting, and godly woman. I would miss holding her hand, having a companion in life to share and grow with, communicating simply by the looks we give each other, and talking to her about the big things and the small. I would miss her calling me on the carpet when I’m wrong. I would miss praying together at night which we need to do more of. I would miss the family worship times where we share our hearts and praise God.

I would miss all the meals together. My wife puts love and effort into every meal. I would miss her enthusiasm, her attention to detail, and how she does little things like colorful napkins, a special recipe, or a surprise dessert to make a meal more pleasing. I would miss candlelight dinners. I would miss little ornaments for the various seasons of the year (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas to name a few). I’m more of a low key kind of person so sometimes I’m not the best at expressing myself about things. If I say it’s good then I mean it. My wife is super enthusiastic!

I would miss all the nurturing behavior and my son growing up without a Mom. My wife helps me see the positive outcomes. I would miss the encouraging words, hugs, gentle touches, and quality time she would give to our son (and hopefully more children in the future if God allows). ). I would miss all the kisses on the “boo boo’s” she would endear to our children. I would miss all the tears she would wipe away with the hurts they will face.

I would miss having someone disagree with me and hold my feet to the fire. It would be like having a one-sided discussion or having the exact same views as everyone around you. A bit boring... Being right all the time isn’t really that great. Especially when there’s nobody to talk to. I would even miss having disagreements with my wife.

I would miss the compromises. I would miss having to share things with my wife. I remember sometimes how I longed for companionship before married. I prayed to God often about this. Being married has encouraged me or stretched me to think more of my wife than my own needs. I remember what’s it like to be single. Sure, I could go watch a movie at midnight without blinking. Or stay up as long as I saw fit. It was just me and God. But wow what a blessing it is to be married. I really don’t think I’d ever want to go back.

I would miss having my best (human) friend. I would miss talking to my wife about everything. I would miss hearing her perspectives, thoughts, values, and her heart. I would miss the secrets only that only she, God, and I know. I would miss the times when we just talk for hours. My Dad calls this “pillow talk.” I would miss her companionship, advice, and just having someone who listens me. I would miss reading the Bible together, crying together, laughing together, and just being together.

I would miss all the organization. I would miss all the pictures on the wall, the decorations for each season or holiday, clean clothes and a clean kitchen. And even the reminders to hang up my clothes, put my shoes away, and the constant need for the trash to be taken out. I would miss knowing that if I left a dirty out instead of hanging it up to dry she probably. Honestly I’d miss someone helping keep our home in order.

I would miss the femininity. I would miss the scarves, dresses, and winter boots with the fluffy stuff. I would miss bare feet in the spring and the summer. I would miss the smell of sweet perfume. I would miss her jewelry box, her make-up, her make-up removers, beauty products, and feminine products in the bathroom. (Note: she looks great with or without make-up.) Honestly until one has experienced living with a woman one really has no idea what it’s like to truly get one’s self ready in the morning.

I would miss the purpose in marriage. I would miss the joy of knowing someone belongs to me and I belong to her. That God brought us together and new before He even created us that we were to become one in His eyes. We’re a team and we can do so much more together for God than I could ever do as a single guy.

I would miss her because that’s how marriage was created by God to be. It is the becoming one that gives us a clearer picture of Christ’s love for us. I had always read passages in the Bible (Eph. 5:25-33, 1 Pet. 3:1-12, 1 Cor. 13) before about marriage and love as relating to Christ and the Church. But it wasn’t until I was actually married that this made sense to me and I was able to see God’s character as well as His sacrifice more clearly. I came to understand what sacrificial love really is: dying to my expectations, loving her just the way she is, pointing her to Christ. We both are sinners saved by grace (Eph. 2:8-9) and God is working us to conform us to the mind of Christ (Phil. 2:1-11) as joint heirs in Christ (Rom. 8:17). We are both works in progress and God is at work in our lives as we await Jesus Christ’s return. (Phil 1:6)

What would you miss about your spouse?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Very Nice, that may even get you out of the dog house the next time around... :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

what would life be without my wife....... hummmm, long story short, I would say most likely "short".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

id miss him so much its something i dont like thinking about

Great topic. I personally would be messed up without my wife. My wife is the glue that holds everything together in our house. Without her, I would literally need to learn how to do everything from paying bills to managing the kids. We have a good situation in that we complement each other's strengths and weaknesses and we both are good at our respective roles.

Thanks. ;) I agree life would be very different without her... It's good that God brings people together that compliment each other. Isn't God awesome like that! :thumbsup:

Very Nice, that may even get you out of the dog house the next time around... :mgcheerful:

Lol. :clap: Haha. Well, it was really more in the spirit of Thanksgiving and thanking God for His graciousness to me.

what would life be without my wife....... hummmm, long story short, I would say most likely "short".

:thumbsup:

What do you like about your Spouse Joe?

id miss him so much its something i dont like thinking about

I understand. I really do. But sometimes isn't it good to remember why we're thankful to God for our spouse?

To all,

Thanks for sharing guys. What would be some of the things you'd miss about your spouse? :help:

What are some of your fondest memories together? :help:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Ten years widowed, and I can tell you that I miss every little thing about him. Just last week I dreamed two nights in a row that he was back. :mgcheerful:

What can I say? He was a great guy, and he loved the Lord. Fantastic combination.

Ten years widowed, and I can tell you that I miss every little thing about him. Just last week I dreamed two nights in a row that he was back. :mgcheerful:

What can I say? He was a great guy, and he loved the Lord. Fantastic combination.

So sorry for your loss Sheya. You will see him again! :)

What are some of your fondest memories of him?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

This is a wonderful list. Your wife is lucky to be married to someone who appreciates her so much. It's always good to step back and remember what we appreciate about our spouse.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Well........

He had all these cheesy jokes, such as if one of the kids said, "I'm hungry," he would respond, "Hello, hungry, I'm Dad." And I still do that one! The kids all are so tired of hearing it.

He wanted lots of kids (so did I) and when our 7th was born, he held her in his arms and said how she was the cherry on top, and if the Lord didn't bless us with any more kids, he would be content. Well, she was our last, and he died in his sleep of a heart attack right after she turned two.

How he died is quite a story. As I said, he had a heart attack in his sleep. About three hours before I went to wake him up and found I couldn't, I had overheard him saying, "Hallelujah! Praise you, Father!" and he was swinging his arm the way he would do when he was really into worship at church. So when I later tried to wake him and found that he was gone, I remembered what I'd heard and realized he was halfway home to Heaven and rejoicing before the throne, and I hadn't figured it out.

:mgcheerful: