• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hi Enoob57

You wrote: ''SALVATION IS BY FAITH ALONE IN GOD'S MERCY NOT OF MAN'S WORKS TIT. 3:5."

Its true salvation is "not by works of righteousness which we have done" but nowhere does the scripture read "salvation is by faith alone", nor does the scripture hint it.

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Acts 16:30-31 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Acts 8:36-37 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” 37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

Acts 10:43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

There are more that agree with these.

Heb 11 is the understanding and within that element of faith is the understanding based on God's Word alone without

any other evidence but God saying so men so moved to incredible actions: Abraham offered his only son, Noah labored up to

100 years to escape something he had never even seen, Moses gave up all the riches and power of Egypt for the Who of God etc.

all these based on unseen yet applied faith believed the things of God

Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must

believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

NKJV

thus belief:

Nu 14:11

Nu 20:12

Ps 78:22

Ps 78:32

Ps 106:21-22

Ps 106:24

Isa 7:9

Mk 16:17

Jn 3:18-19

Jn 8:24

Gal 5:6

Heb 3:12

Heb 3:18-19

Heb 4:2

Rv 21:8

if you take the time to examine these Scriptures you will see the difference

faith applied belief from the belief of demons and devils...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Shiloh

You did indeed "work" from the scripture I provided, the fact remains however you offered NO scipture to refute it. Thats plain to see.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi Enoob57

You wrote: ''SALVATION IS BY FAITH ALONE IN GOD'S MERCY NOT OF MAN'S WORKS TIT. 3:5."

Its true salvation is "not by works of righteousness which we have done" but nowhere does the scripture read "salvation is by faith alone", nor does the scripture hint it.

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Acts 16:30-31 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Acts 8:36-37 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” 37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

Acts 10:43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

Heb 11 is the understanding and within that element of faith is the understanding based on God's Word alone without

any other evidence but God saying so men so moved to incredible actions: Abraham offered his only son, Noah labored up to

100 years to escape something he had never even seen, Moses gave up all the riches and power of Egypt for the Who of God etc.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must

NKJV

thus belief:

Love, Steven

I don't get your point if you are replying to my post. :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi Enoob57

NKJV

thus belief:

Love, Steven

I don't get your point if you are replying to my post. :noidea:

supported thought

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello Enoob57

I shall only comment on the 1st 4 passages you cited in an attempt to justify the "faith alone" theory.

Romans 4:3. This is a quotation from Gen.15:6. Paul uses this to show Abraham could not possibly have been justified by the law because it was a long time yet before the law came. Context is important in study of the scripture and the context has been talking about the law, Romans 3:26-31. Rom.3:27 teaches justification is by "the law of faith", so then, (and I don't want you to miss this), if there is a "law of faith" (and Paul says there is) what does the "law of faith" teach in order to salvation?? No where does it say its by "faith alone."

Acts 16:30,31. Please answer this question, is the word "believe" in the passage inclusive or is it exclusive? I await your answer.

Acts 8:36,37. Again, is the word "believe" in this passage inclusive or exclusive? I await your answer.

Acts 10:43. Once more, is the word "believe" here inclusive or exclusive? I again await your answer.

Obviously I do not have time to discuss the array of passags you tagged on after the above. If, however, you will kindly take any of those and show from them WHY it is "faith alone" I shall be happy to reciprocate.

rejoice

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/25/1942

"What is the 'sin that leads to death' in 1 John 5:16?"

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Wouldn't know - It doesn't say - BUT

The passage seems to indicate that John certainly felt that the ones he was writing to WOULD Know what HE was talking about, and WOULD be able to differentiate so that they'd know whether or not to pray for the individual in question.

Gut feel is that it has to do with knowing the Mind of the Spirit, and ministering according to the leading of the Spirit - i.e. the Spirit indicates to you what the proper course of action is.

Hello Enoob57

I shall only comment on the 1st 4 passages you cited in an attempt to justify the "faith alone" theory.

Romans 4:3. This is a quotation from Gen.15:6. Paul uses this to show Abraham could not possibly have been justified by the law because it was a long time yet before the law came. Context is important in study of the scripture and the context has been talking about the law, Romans 3:26-31. Rom.3:27 teaches justification is by "the law of faith", so then, (and I don't want you to miss this), if there is a "law of faith" (and Paul says there is) what does the "law of faith" teach in order to salvation?? No where does it say its by "faith alone."

Acts 16:30,31. Please answer this question, is the word "believe" in the passage inclusive or is it exclusive? I await your answer.

Acts 8:36,37. Again, is the word "believe" in this passage inclusive or exclusive? I await your answer.

Acts 10:43. Once more, is the word "believe" here inclusive or exclusive? I again await your answer.

Obviously I do not have time to discuss the array of passags you tagged on after the above. If, however, you will kindly take any of those and show from them WHY it is "faith alone" I shall be happy to reciprocate.

rejoice

It would seem you exited Heb 11th chapter without understanding that which is substanced in hoped and is not seen

is faith->thus by the Word of God belief that is arrived at by faith saves and we know faith is gained by the hearing of God's Word!

This is why the verses on belief and the vein of faith from which the belief was born from the Gospel of God.

Heb 12:1-2

12 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which

so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher

of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand

of the throne of God.

NKJV

Note Jesus the author and finisher of our faith which is death= endured the cross, burial=despising the shame, and resurrection sat down

at the right hand of the throne of God(Gospel) / this the specific of our salvation!

I appreciate you trying to drag this off point but I am not interested in doing so... You asked to see it I have satisfied that need past

whatever opinion you might produce ... Love, Steven

The Lord layed it on my heart to give you what you asked from me...Faith Alone

Ro 3:23-25

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace

through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by

His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance

God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

NKJV

1 Pe 1:5

5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

IT seems simple enough, if one looks at the whole of scripture.

• Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
    • It is clear that we are saved by grace through faith before the works start
    • Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved."
      • It is clear that there are no works here either.
      • 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

• After one accepts Christ, it is only then that he becomes a new creation, able to do the works God has prepared beforehand, not before or during salvation.

[*]2 Peter 1:5-11 " But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

[*]Seems there is a lot of growing in Christ to ensure that our works in Him are His and not our own, which is where we will find the statements James makes about faith without works is dead. There is a long way between the time one is saved and when one's works are done. They are not the same, but works and faith encompass each other once we are mature enough in Him allow Him to do His works through us.

Guest shiloh357

Shiloh

You did indeed "work" from the scripture I provided, the fact remains however you offered NO scipture to refute it. Thats plain to see.

Yes, but the point is that I don't pit the Bible against itself. I don't use Scripture to refute Scripture. There was no reason to post addtional Scripture, as my purpose was to show that Scripture YOU provided was mishandled by you and did not support the point you were endeavoring to make with it.

So I am still waitng for you to respond with something meaningful instead of evading my comments with meaningless posts.