• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

"I dont get your logic- you say that money from illegal drugs funds terrorist, but if we remove them from the black market and make some of the drugs legal that the money will still go to terrorist. please explain this."

1. All the laws of Colorado do is make PERSONAL USE 'legal'. The drugs themselves still come from illegal sources: DRUG CARTELS. Drug cartels are in bed with the Taliban.

2. Killing Jews in Nazi Germany was legal also. That didn't make it moral. Drugs are immoral. They poison the body God has given us.

3. Drugs are occultic. They are used in rituals to worship Satan. Do you want that trash in your country? I DON'T.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/1985

I don't think Christians should smoke weed/cigarettes or drink alcohol. If I have an entire conversation with a guy about our Savior Jesus Christ and about living our lives serving the Lord... and then he watches me walk over to take a seat and light up a joint or pop open a beer, he's not going to care about anything I said about God. He won't take me serious anymore. He would probably just label me as a pot head or a drunk and most likely be discouraged. So why do something that will cause my brother to stumble?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

And what if he reads the Scripture and sees that Jesus enjoyed alcohol responsibly? Alcohol is permitted in Scripture. Even the very Son of God used it. Alcohol doesn't make every Believer stumble, only some. That should be taken into account when weighing such things out. Drugs on the other hand (illicit drugs) are not mentioned in Scripture. We can reasonably say that they are poison because we see the effects of them. We also see the kinds of people who grow and distribute them. Big difference.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/08/1985

So as long as it only makes some, but not all believers stumble, it's ok? If someone says "one drink won't get me drunk" or "two drinks won't get me drunk" or "one more won't get me drunk".... why would he try to get as close to the edge as possible? Why not RUN AWAY from it instead? Run away from sin, run away from "almost" getting drunk, run away from "almost" getting buzzed or tipsy, which would most likely lead to getting drunk. Instead of trying to find ways to get as close as possible to falling, just stay away from it completely.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Romans 14:13-23

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

If it is immoral to partake in something that alters one's mind before it is made legal, what makes it suddenly moral now? We cannot depend on secular society and government to determine for us what is moral, or immoral, or what is sin and what isn't. That is most obvious!

Mark 7:15

It’s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.”

It's a heart issue. If we serve God, and seek Him diligently, then we know what His will is for us concerning such a matter---ingesting substances for recreational use is the sin of sorcery.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Do you honestly think Jesus would toke?

You said a whole lot in that little sentence. :thumbsup::)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Please remember to debate the subject and not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember to respect each other in the love of God!

God bless,

GE

A few reminders from the ToS...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating.

Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I cautioned about turning this tread into a pharmaceutical argument. I am giving this one last warning. This thread is discussing pot, not the whole realm of drugs. Start another thread about this subject if you want to cintinue discussing it and i will move the posts there. Otherwise, it will be closed.

I cautioned about turning this tread into a pharmaceutical argument. I am giving this one last warning. This thread is discussing pot, not the whole realm of drugs. Start another thread about this subject if you want to cintinue discussing it and i will move the posts there. Otherwise, it will be closed.

Done.

http://www.worthychr...71#entry1905371