IGNORED

Legislator will introduce gun bill in Congress

Guest Editor1

Hi ninhao

yes we use our vote but do our ellected leaders listen to us ? i do not like having my rights taken off me as a kid i use to enjoy going hunting with my father and step mothers brothers know i can no longer do this i do not own a gun in Australia but i do own a gun in the philippines i do not like having to give up something i enjoyed as a kid even though i replaced hunting with fishing i still miss not being able to go out in the forest and kill a wild pig

i should be allowed to go out hunting with out meeting the regular standards all thanks to Martin Bryant,

the cafe were those inocent people were killed my x wifes cusin was lucky as his teacher and class mates heard what was going on he was going to go in get something to eat

Port Arthur Massacre

On Sunday, 28 April 1996, at a sleepy little tourist location known as Port Arthur, something went down that will long live in memory of Australia's collective psyche. An unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single shots to the head, fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

The awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on intellectually impaired Martin Bryant, who was held in illegal strict solitary confinement for more than 120 days, until he was "ready" to plead guilty. There was no trial. Within a matter of weeks legislation was passed to removed semi-automatic weapons from the Australian population and a gun buy-back proceeded. It is now illegal to own any semi-automatic gun in Australia.

The Port Arthur Massacre has come to be known in conspiracy circles as a "psyop". The definition of a psyop is a psychological operation or an event designed to drum up public support for some piece of legislation that would be otherwise be unpopular and probably be defeated.

It is one of the signs of a propaganda campaign when the media continuously plays up scenes that are designed to appeal to gut level instincts to soften people up for the solution to be offered.

While gunlaws should make a country a safer place to live, in reality they are a move against the freedom and self-defence of the people.

THOMAS JEFFERSON

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government".

1-----Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 enabling the government to round up 13 million defenceless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings, imprisoning them in concentration camps, and by a conscious process of attrition, destroyed them.

2-----The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911, proceeding then to exterminate 1.5 million Armenians from 1914 - 1917.

Hello Damo,

Has the temperature in Canberra reached above 20 yet :D. We have had some mid 30 days here and I pray it is a good season of no bush fire..

I agree our elected officials don't always do as they are told. The current carbon tax for example was voted against strongly and yet the current government reneged on a promise to please Bob Brown as we know. This is unfortunate but we have better days ahead after the next election. :D

I understand why you can feel annoyed by the strong gun laws because you are a law abiding citizen. Personally I hate waiting at a red traffic light in my town when no traffic is coming for miles in the other direction. I am an excellent driver too you may ask my insurance company. :D Laws are made because some people do the wrong thing but everyone suffers because of this.

I am aware of the psyop theory concerning Port Arthur but after careful deliberation I place it in the non lunar landing category. It has some merit but is false imo. Please regard the organisations from where you get the psyop information are pro gun as apposed to the anti gun lobby which protested loud after Port Arthur. They both had agendas.

The extremely large ambulance purchased prior to the massacre is quite strange but I will not make light of the people who died that day by talking too much about this.

I don't mean that as an insult to you.

I am glad your relative was fortunate on that day.

In Australia remember the majority elects the government which decides the laws we live under ( depending on the parliament majority) and voting is compulsory here. The people have spoken concerning this matter.

Edited by ninhao

Im going to add this, australia, right now, is a free country. That is a true statement. Australia, doesnt allow guns. True statement. All power but Gods corrupts. Also a true statement. So right now, Australias a free country, thats not to say it always will. With all due respect-I get tired of hearing australians saying "we dont guns and look how good we are" I got news for you, just because your governments good now and you have a voice now, doesnt mean you always will, sooner or later, your government-just like the USes, will turn, and then there will be nothing you can do about it. Im not saying that to be mean-Im saying that because its a fact-every single democracy or republic in the history of mankind-has turned corrupt, and ended in a dictatorship, and then conquest by another country. Its an endless cycle. I know your happy with where you live-but its not perfect. Neither is America, Americas far from perfect, so dont think Im grand standing here-just pointing out a few observations.

Well there we go. It's pretty easy sitting in a western, liberal democracy feeling smug about your freedom. Your bikie gangs are delighted with your strict gun control laws aren't they?

Maybe you could give a stern talking to about freedom to not being armed to those in North Korea, China, etc. The people there would of course see the value in being unarmed, against a totalitarian government....Right? :laughing:

Hello Barabbas I guess this joking comment is directed at me or my country. We don't feel smug in Australia concerning gun laws and currently our bike gangs are under extreme pressure from a federal task force investigating organised crime and at this point in time they are "lying low" . You surely know this. :D

I have not rebuked anyone for owning guns this is a man of straw argument. You may do as you wish inside your country and should leave other countries out of your rhetoric.

After all Canada does not decide what Australia or China does :D

Guest shiloh357

Banning fire arms only drives them underground. Guys like the Aurora and Sandy Hook shooters get things like extended clips that allows them to load up to 100 rounds into their weapons. When you drive them underground, you take weaons out of law-abidng citzens and then arm the criminals and crazy people. The Aurora shooter got his stuff online.

The problem is not guns. The problem is with people who want to kill others and they don't need guns to do that. Knives, baseball bats, fireplace pokers, lead pipes, poison, suffocation, all are means of killing people without guns. In addition, more people die from being hit by automobiles than guns in this country.

Banning guns will not take guns out of the hands of criminals; it will only disarm responsible law-abiding people and leave them vulnerable to the criminals who will be sporting assault weapons and massive ammo clips. Police can't be everywhere and private citizens should assume some resopnsbility for their own self-defense.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Hi ninhao

yes we use our vote but do our ellected leaders listen to us ? i do not like having my rights taken off me as a kid i use to enjoy going hunting with my father and step mothers brothers know i can no longer do this i do not own a gun in Australia but i do own a gun in the philippines i do not like having to give up something i enjoyed as a kid even though i replaced hunting with fishing i still miss not being able to go out in the forest and kill a wild pig

i should be allowed to go out hunting with out meeting the regular standards all thanks to Martin Bryant,

the cafe were those inocent people were killed my x wifes cusin was lucky as his teacher and class mates heard what was going on he was going to go in get something to eat

Port Arthur Massacre

On Sunday, 28 April 1996, at a sleepy little tourist location known as Port Arthur, something went down that will long live in memory of Australia's collective psyche. An unknown professional combat shooter opened fire in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Tasmania. In less than a minute 20 people lay dead, 19 of them killed with single shots to the head, fired from the right hip of the fast-moving shooter.

The awesome display of combat marksmanship was blamed on intellectually impaired Martin Bryant, who was held in illegal strict solitary confinement for more than 120 days, until he was "ready" to plead guilty. There was no trial. Within a matter of weeks legislation was passed to removed semi-automatic weapons from the Australian population and a gun buy-back proceeded. It is now illegal to own any semi-automatic gun in Australia.

The Port Arthur Massacre has come to be known in conspiracy circles as a "psyop". The definition of a psyop is a psychological operation or an event designed to drum up public support for some piece of legislation that would be otherwise be unpopular and probably be defeated.

It is one of the signs of a propaganda campaign when the media continuously plays up scenes that are designed to appeal to gut level instincts to soften people up for the solution to be offered.

While gunlaws should make a country a safer place to live, in reality they are a move against the freedom and self-defence of the people.

THOMAS JEFFERSON

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government".

1-----Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 enabling the government to round up 13 million defenceless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings, imprisoning them in concentration camps, and by a conscious process of attrition, destroyed them.

2-----The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911, proceeding then to exterminate 1.5 million Armenians from 1914 - 1917.

Hello Damo,

Has the temperature in Canberra reached above 20 yet :D. We have had some mid 30 days here and I pray it is a good season of no bush fire..

I agree our elected officials don't always do as they are told. The current carbon tax for example was voted against strongly and yet the current government reneged on a promise to please Bob Brown as we know. This is unfortunate but we have better days ahead after the next election. :D

I understand why you can feel annoyed by the strong gun laws because you are a law abiding citizen. Personally I hate waiting at a red traffic light in my town when no traffic is coming for miles in the other direction. I am an excellent driver too you may ask my insurance company. :D Laws are made because some people do the wrong thing but everyone suffers because of this.

I am aware of the psyop theory concerning Port Arthur but after careful deliberation I place it in the non lunar landing category. It has some merit but is false imo. Please regard the organisations from where you get the psyop information are pro gun as apposed to the anti gun lobby which protested loud after Port Arthur. They both had agendas.

The extremely large ambulance purchased prior to the massacre is quite strange but I will not make light of the people who died that day by talking too much about this.

I don't mean that as an insult to you.

I am glad your relative was fortunate on that day.

In Australia remember the majority elects the government which decides the laws we live under ( depending on the parliament majority) and voting is compulsory here. The people have spoken concerning this matter.

Hi ninhao

It has been very hot hear in Canberra does not help when your living in a home that is warm in summer and cold in winter

I am like you when it comes to the Carbon tax notice how we are the only country that has caved in and what is worse our high electricity prices even by changing from one company to another you do begin to notice when the bill arrives i use to pay every month but know i pay every fortnight

what i found strange is how kevin rudd was treated i liked kevin rudd i was in the philippines when julia gillard decided to go against kevin rudd never have i seen where this can happen oh paul keating i think did this too bob hawk

even though the majority elects our leaders the secular ones do not really listen even though i live in the national capital off Australia and have been to the prayer meeting at Parliment house the poor often ignored promisses come ellection time but soon as its over back to normal

i have met some of the christian politicans which i did not even know they were christians often i would see them on abc parliment question time but never knew they were christians

you can still get guns hand guns thanks to the black market ninhao even though we have some off the tuffest gun controll laws bikes criminals find a way to get what they want and i know a lot off australians have not handed their guns in

reminder i did not vote last ellection got to send 20 to the electoral commission that is what happens when you decide not to vote

my x wifes cusin came very close to being one off thos victems shot in that cafe his school bus pulled in as just as martin bryant walked in his teacher called him back

what i do not like is the way it is becoming a nanny state telling us what we can and can not do to the point were certain people are being picked on watch what happens in victoria when the police start cracking down on the bikes i know some guys from the god squad have you ever heard of John smith ? John smith has been reaching out to the bikes

how is the tempreature were you

Hi ninhao

It has been very hot hear in Canberra does not help when your living in a home that is warm in summer and cold in winter

I am like you when it comes to the Carbon tax notice how we are the only country that has caved in and what is worse our high electricity prices even by changing from one company to another you do begin to notice when the bill arrives i use to pay every month but know i pay every fortnight

what i found strange is how kevin rudd was treated i liked kevin rudd i was in the philippines when julia gillard decided to go against kevin rudd never have i seen where this can happen oh paul keating i think did this too bob hawk

even though the majority elects our leaders the secular ones do not really listen even though i live in the national capital off Australia and have been to the prayer meeting at Parliment house the poor often ignored promisses come ellection time but soon as its over back to normal

i have met some of the christian politicans which i did not even know they were christians often i would see them on abc parliment question time but never knew they were christians

you can still get guns hand guns thanks to the black market ninhao even though we have some off the tuffest gun controll laws bikes criminals find a way to get what they want and i know a lot off australians have not handed their guns in

reminder i did not vote last ellection got to send 20 to the electoral commission that is what happens when you decide not to vote

my x wifes cusin came very close to being one off thos victems shot in that cafe his school bus pulled in as just as martin bryant walked in his teacher called him back

what i do not like is the way it is becoming a nanny state telling us what we can and can not do to the point were certain people are being picked on watch what happens in victoria when the police start cracking down on the bikes i know some guys from the god squad have you ever heard of John smith ? John smith has been reaching out to the bikes

I didn't like Mr Rudd Damo because when the country needed a boost during the global downturn he decided to give free cash to spend on big screen tv's etc. Money which many people used more wisely but money which turned a good surplus into a deficit overnight. He was stabbed in the back though as we know and this was very un- Australian. Did you know Damo that our current PM is the first to not use a bible when sworn into office?

The only John Smith I know is relative and not the God squad biker. It is a common name :D

The victorian police are in close contact with another state as we speak concerning a number of cross border bikers. These particular bikers are not the nice kind.

Hi ninhao :mgcheerful: :mgcheerful:

this is what most off us are not happy about never was like this. when i was young i was able to walk in and get what was need bullets for my air rifle and 22 i have grown up around guns since i was young ninhao my dad was in the army and so was my brother both active soilders in the croatian army

our farm was close to the forest we had bears that would often wonder in and as kid i was taught how to use a gun nothing beats killing a wild young pig and cooking it slow on a spit i even use to kill the odd rabbit i have had ferrets and have used ferrets to get the odd rabbit yet sometimes the ferret ends up enjoying the rabbit you want for dinner

when you apply for a licence they go right through you ninhao and if you have had been in trouble with the police served time you are knocked back from applying for a gun licence

you have to have a safe and it has to be bolted to the floor

back in the 80 it was not like this ninhao our guns were kept in my dads bedroom in the cupboard

Firearms categories

Firearms in Australia are grouped into Categories with different levels of control. The categories are:

• Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.
    • Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.
      • Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.

• Category D: Semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.

[*]Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of six months using club handguns, and a minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun.

Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibers are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests. Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols: magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.

[*]Category R/E: Restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, etc. can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms.

Certain Antique firearms can in some states be legally held without licences. In other states they are subject to the same requirements as modern firearms.

All single-shot muzzleloading firearms manufactured before 1 January 1901 are considered antique firearms. Four states require licences for antique percussion revolvers and cartridge repeating firearms, but in Queensland and Victoria a person may possess such a firearm without a licence, so long as the firearm is registered (percussion revolvers require a license in Victoria).

Hi ninhao

I didn't like Mr Rudd Damo because when the country needed a boost during the global downturn he decided to give free cash to spend on big screen tv's etc. Money which many people used more wisely but money which turned a good surplus into a deficit overnight. He was stabbed in the back though as we know and this was very un- Australian. Did you know Damo that our current PM is the first to not use a bible when sworn into office?

The only John Smith I know is relative and not the God squad biker. It is a common name :D

The victorian police are in close contact with another state as we speak concerning a number of cross border bikers. These particular bikers are not the nice kind.

Hi ninhao :mgcheerful:

I know the bike groups your thinking off it is going to give the victorian police the right to raid their club houses and shut them down which is going to be very intresting

yes because she is an Atheist thats what i found very strange but kevin rudd was the only prime minister who said sorry to our aborigonal people notice how the other prime ministers avoided saying sorry

i did not buy a big screen tv i used this to go and spend time with my partner that was not a bad idea as it sort off helped a lot off familys pay off bills what worried me when my $900 cheque arived did i have to pay it back i did not spend it right away

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If they ban guns, all you'd hear about on the news would be mass stabbings by lunatics. ( Like this: http://abcnews.go.co...49#.UNAp8uTIW4I)

Then what - ban knives? :noidea:

Nah, catch the little ones out on the play ground and run them down with a jeep.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Not offended damo just pointing out the obvious. Gdemoss, a 45 acp with a 15 round mag is just as safe as a 38 with 6. Point 1. Point two guns arent just crime deterrants theyre corrupt government deterrents, without them theres not much stopping anyone from bringing those mass graves here. Point 3 you should double check you ballistics-a 38 special will certainly kill a man if you hit them in the right spot-but it wont take a man off his feet. And if our government falls and we face invasion, then your going to want large mags and rounds powerful enough to penetrate body armor.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You will notice the anti-gun folks have only emotionalism to fall back on being being completely lacking of any facts to back up their claims.

Gun laws don't work, the facts are a tidal wave they cannot, and will not address.

The same day of Sandy Hook, ten blacks were shot in Chicago, a city with some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the US.