IGNORED

What Kind of God Would Condemn People to Eternal Torment?

Tinky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

But that's what atheists would have us believe, that after death there is nothing. It is what "comforts" them.

So to you, your belief is there is heaven or nothing? That doesn't sound so bad now does it?

Care to elucidate a bit on your comment on hell, and show us with scripture why you so believe?

It's Heaven or judgement and execution.

The prevailing attitude among even fundamentalist Christians is that execution of sinners (aside from the most extreme criminal offenders) is excessive. If execution is excessive, why isn't execution enough?

I've never heard a fundamentalist, or any believer, say that eternal punishment was excessive. That is His call, not ours.

You're not following what I said.

I believe she is. Perhaps you can be more clear since you say we are not ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Revelation 14

11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

Scripture points to an eternity of torment. Not annihilation. You choose to disregard His word.

Mark 9

47 And if your eye offends you, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes to be cast into hell fire

48 where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

In the old testament peoples' sins were forgiven by God only through the sheading of blood. ( an animal sacrifice)

Not to be argumentative, but sin was never forgiven in the OT. The sacrifices were to cover the sin. When people died, they all went to hell, which had two sides. One was for those whom God considered "Rightous" where they awaited the Messiah, the atoning death of Christ; and the other side for those who were lost who suffered pain and torment. When Christ rose again and went to "sheol" he took those awaiting their "Savior" with Him into Heaven and the lost stayed in hell to await the Lake of Fire.

(quote) Parker

Not to be argumentative, but sin was never forgiven in the OT. The sacrifices were to cover the sin. When people died, they all went to hell, which had two sides

--------------------------------------------------

People that died all went to hell and hell had 2 sides .

Where is that in scripture ?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Everyone who died in the OT went to Hell, the grave. The OT doesn't teach anything about two sides of Hell. The idea of two sides of Hell might come from Jesus's parable of the rich man and Lazarus, addressed in my previous post in this thread. One side would be called Abraham's Bosom, where the righteous go. The side for the wicked is a place of torment. The two sides are separated by a chasm which can't be crossed, but can be communicated across.

This can't be a real description of Hell because it implies that the dead are judged at the moment of death. But, the NT teaches that judgement isn't until after the dead are resurrected.

Parker said that .

I was just repating what he said. That hell had 2 sides. Pick up the whole post please .

Everyone who died in the OT went to Hell, the grave. The OT doesn't teach anything about two sides of Hell. The idea of two sides of Hell might come from Jesus's parable of the rich man and Lazarus, addressed in my previous post in this thread. One side would be called Abraham's Bosom, where the righteous go. The side for the wicked is a place of torment. The two sides are separated by a chasm which can't be crossed, but can be communicated across.

This can't be a real description of Hell because it implies that the dead are judged at the moment of death. But, the NT teaches that judgement isn't until after the dead are resurrected.

Parker said that .

I was just repating what he said. That hell had 2 sides. Pick up the whole post please .

That comes from when Jesus said to the thief that on this day you will be with me in paradise.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

But that's what atheists would have us believe, that after death there is nothing. It is what "comforts" them.

So to you, your belief is there is heaven or nothing? That doesn't sound so bad now does it?

Care to elucidate a bit on your comment on hell, and show us with scripture why you so believe?

It's Heaven or judgement and execution.

The prevailing attitude among even fundamentalist Christians is that execution of sinners (aside from the most extreme criminal offenders) is excessive. If execution is excessive, why isn't execution enough?

I've never heard a fundamentalist, or any believer, say that eternal punishment was excessive. That is His call, not ours.

You're not following what I said.

And you are not posting any scripture to back your doctrine.

It Can't Be Because..... Because You Now Preach Jesus Lied?

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Eisleben, you have not addressed this post yet. Will you answer the question?

Let's examine the "execution' theory. This idea would allow me to live as much of a sinful life in the flesh I wanted to and when my life was over, poof ... gone, no remorse or consequences, just gone. What is there to loose for living this life?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Eisleben, you have not addressed this post yet. Will you answer the question?

Let's examine the "execution' theory. This idea would allow me to live as much of a sinful life in the flesh I wanted to and when my life was over, poof ... gone, no remorse or consequences, just gone. What is there to loose for living this life?

Yes, as Onelight asks, please answer, and perhaps my post asking the same thing?

Care to elucidate a bit on your comment on hell, and show us with scripture why you so believe