nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

they dont even know what an assault rifle is, how would you expect the media to be able to tell whether it was used or not? thats my quesiton.

isn't an assult rifle like a machine gun..firing several bullets then reload.

But, they said as of first ..it was a rifle that holds many bullets .

Thoses cops know exactly.... what type of gun those type of bullets came from. It doesn't take them a month to figure that out.

Now they saying it was now a rifle ... why did they change their story.

Something wrong there.

oh and by the way ....some kids saw Adam with a long gun as they were interviewed.

The cops said he was found dead and had the rifle.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

the Bushmaster AR-15 that they are calling an assault rifle, is not actually an assault rifle, but a mid length semi-automatic rifle. An assault rifle, must use an intermediate cartridge, must have a detachable magazine, and must have a selectable rate of fire. As in you have to be able to switch between semi-automatic fire (the gun fires every time you pull the trigger) and automatic fire (the gun will continue to fire when holding the trigger down, at least be able to fire a 3 round burst)

Now, lets look at the M-16, the US militarys assault rifle. It uses an intermediate cartridge, the .223. It has a detachable magazine, and it has a selectable rate of fire, semi-automatic, and 3 round burst (each time you pull the trigger it fires 3 rounds)

Now, lets look at the m-4. Again, it uses the .223 and has a detachable magazine. It has a selectable rate of fire, between semi-auto, and full auto (no burst, it will fire as long as you hold the trigger down, until the magazine is empty) Both the M-16 and the M-4 are true assault rifles.

Now, lets look at the Bushmaster AR-15 used in the new town shooting. It uses the same frame as the m4 and the m16. It uses the same round-the .223. It also has a detachable magazine. However, it does not have the selectable rate of fire, it only has semi automatic fire, which means each time you pull the trigger, you fire only a single round. to fire again, you have to release the trigger, and pull it again. You can only fire as fast as you can work that trigger-which is actually pretty fast, the .223 round doesnt kick that bad, so it does fire rapidly. It is an assault style weapon-but it is not a true assault rifle.

I just googled it...

the assault rifle is prohibited to the public.

there is the semi-automatic and a full- automatic rifle.. holds a cartridge ( bullets)

semi auto and full auto are not the same, full auto it will fire until you let go of the trigger, semi-auto will only fire once. and you are correct, the assault rifle and other fully automatic weapons are illegal to the general public. There is a process you can go through to own one, but its difficult enough only the enthusiasts can get them, and theyre not the ones you have to worry about shooting up schools, theyre the ones who do competition shooting and re-enactments, and the like.

Semi-automatic weapons, such as the AR-15, are fully legal and can be purchased at your local cabelas or even wal-mart.

semi auto and full auto are not the same, full auto it will fire until you let go of the trigger, semi-auto will only fire once. and you are correct, the assault rifle and other fully automatic weapons are illegal to the general public. There is a process you can go through to own one, but its difficult enough only the enthusiasts can get them, and theyre not the ones you have to worry about shooting up schools, theyre the ones who do competition shooting and re-enactments, and the like.

Semi-automatic weapons, such as the AR-15, are fully legal and can be purchased at your local cabelas or even wal-mart.

Yeah you are right ... I went and corrected it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Can you spell A-G-E-N-D-A?

Don't forget that this Government is the one that was funneling assault weapons and guns across the border into Mexico in a clear A-G-E-N-D-A driven policy in order to cause a panic and to instill a popular sentiment for more gun control.

exactly! & don't forget the Benghazi fiasco

Benghazi was about weapons being funneled into Syria to support an Islamic uprising.

You are right. I'm getting my A-G-E-N-D-A's mixed up.

I posted the article from our local newspaper...a photo ..a cop holding the rifle AR15 and people are buying them before gun laws go in effect.

http://www.houmatoda...121229637?tc=cr

well theres not anything about to go in effect yet. hopefully cool heads will prevail. If gun laws need to be enacted (which I dont think they do) but if they do, it should be done by people actually weighing the evidence and looking at it with a cool head. Its all about emotion right now, no ones thinking with a clear head.

People are racing out to buy handguns and rifles ...what are they going to use them on , I wonder ?

lots of good things to use them on. If I had the money, id be out buying another myself to be honest. There are a few guns I would like to get, that if they get a new assault weapons ban in place I wont be able to.