JHERB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

My wife was a kindergarten teacher for over 20 years and from the stories I've heard, you shouldn't just fluff off what a 5 year old can do. We've had them try and push teachers down stairs among other things. Some of them are just truly evil from the inside out. I've seen a couple where it would take three or four teachers to get control of a kid that was violently striking out against both teachers and other kids. Cast spells on the principle and such.

Don't take these things with a grain of salt.

Well.... Shoot

My Wife Also Taught Kindergarten And She Is A Master At Turning A Child's Thoughts Toward All Things Good

With A Very Few Exceptions....

:biggrin2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,114
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My wife was a kindergarten teacher for over 20 years and from the stories I've heard, you shouldn't just fluff off what a 5 year old can do. We've had them try and push teachers down stairs among other things. Some of them are just truly evil from the inside out. I've seen a couple where it would take three or four teachers to get control of a kid that was violently striking out against both teachers and other kids. Cast spells on the principle and such.

Don't take these things with a grain of salt.

Well.... Shoot

My Wife Also Taught Kindergarten And She Is A Master At Turning A Child's Thoughts Toward All Things Good

With A Very Few Exceptions....

Mine also....

But is that the norm?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Wow. They totally took the girls conversation out of context. I work with preschoolers and let me tell you kids will find ways to play "guns" if you take away the legos and blocks they use your hands. We remind them to not play that but we dont sit there and grill them for an extended time. Before jumping to conclusions they should have just looked at her gun or talked to her parents. I dont think its legal for officials to "grill" a minor with out the parent or guardian consent and awareness.

I do agree people are jumpy with all the shootings that have occurred.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t think anyone is saying to brush things aside. But at the same time, school administrators shouldn’t go to the extreme in the other direction either.

Coffee, the child didn’t have the bubble making toy with her, she was merely talking about it to her friends while getting on the bus to go home. And yes they can question students in certain situations and within reason. But I don’t think grilling the child as heavy as they did and threatening her with prison time for three solid hours was within reason and neither did a psychologist who examined the child shortly after the incident.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1970

Grill my 5 year old without me present...and losing one's mind will take on a whole new connotation....I'd honestly come unglued.

Ditto, i thought the first responce was to noifiy the mom or dad first, but i guess that kind of logic has passed. Edited by Navyguy42