IGNORED

Narrow is the gate... actual understanding???

L10

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Ouch re the perfume

I happened across Prince one evening and he had some good points and then just took them too far IMO...mind you, the op

is mentioning 'whenever you have a good feeling, that's God' and I could not agree less. So.........

I understand what you are saying regarding the rest...and I am sure that God is a better judge of the heart than any of us

However, when it comes to scripture, that is one thing I really do not want just an opinion on and I guess that is pretty much

the theme of my understanding

Benny Hinn....I have listened to some pretty interesting tapes (vids actually) with him speaking...interesting as in...sir, is that

really Christian teaching? but, never mind

I do know that ignorance is not bliss and we are responsible to search out and study. Ignorance is not protection from things

going south when you act out of wrong teaching and swallow the bones along with the tasty salmon ;)

Hope that eye got flushed out with some warm water! Bet she smells good tho...I have always really liked perfumes and such myself...

my dad often gave me nice soaps or what have you

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

L10, you can get the Interlinear Scripture Analizer for your computer

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Interlinear+Scripture+Analizer&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

BE-YE-INTO-COMING THRU THE CRAMPED GATE that BROAD THE GATE AND WELL-GUSH-SPACE THE WAY THE one-FROM-LEADING INTO THE destruction AND MANY ARE THE ones-INTO COMING THRU her

"Well-gush-space"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Briefly to touch a subject that I have noted emergent Churches, as well as several Bible translations drifting towards. Matthew 7:13.. shares how the gate is narrow for entering life, and yet this is after it shares that the path is wide that leads to hell (destruction~ in most new translations). Seeing some Evangelists, such as Joseph Prince recently calling out the people that ever said this was meaning anything about few people being in Heaven was very interesting. He also went on to say that whenever you have a good feeling in you.. "that is God". Well, we know that God shares good, but so does the imposter, right? We know that God also shares some things that are not good.

To the point... ! Does anyone know the greek translation of this passage, and does it imply to heaven and hell, or as Prince and many others are now saying; to life today?

I have spent my whole life with the understanding that even the explanation of the parable of the sower shows why so many will simply not make it to Heaven, so many distractions, as Jesus shares very capably.

What to you all think??

Hi L10

Don't get me started on Joseph Prince, but apart from that, you seem to have better discernment than he does.

As the Bible explicitly tells us to test the spirits, that would actually knock Mr Princes assertion that good feelings are an indication

of the presence of God right out of the water

Mr. Prince needs to test that spirit from which he got that idea. It is NOT scriptural and yes, the devil can certainly 'give' one good feelings

in order to lead them astray.

Good feelings do not go along with good judgement. We may sometimes have to make a decision based on the Bible alone (well preferably

all of the time) but that does not always make us feel good. Sometimes, we may actually feel pretty bad.

Someone once explained it like this,

The promise of God's Word, the Bible - not our feelings - is our authority. The Christian lives by faith (trust) in the trustworthiness of God Himself and His Word. This train diagram illustrates the relationship among fact (God and His Word), faith (our trust in God and His Word), and feeling (the result of our faith and obedience) (John 14:21)

trainclear_zps0ed1870f.gif

The train will run with or without a caboose. However, it would be useless to attempt to pull the train by the caboose. In the same way, as Christians, we do not depend on feelings or emotions, but we place our faith (trust) in the trustworthiness of God and the promises of His Word.

Feelings are not bad in and of themselves. They were given to us by God. They just don't get to run the show...or the train ;)

TRAIN.jpg

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

BE-YE-INTO-COMING THRU THE CRAMPED GATE that BROAD THE GATE AND WELL-GUSH-SPACE THE WAY THE one-FROM-LEADING INTO THE destruction AND MANY ARE THE ones-INTO COMING THRU her

"Well-gush-space"?

To me, it sounds like an area what is rushing fast and continuously, as the millions upon millions who will be going through it.

I think you will find all Doctrine is tied to what man is willing to believe. In that is the important stuff, and apart is the silly stuff. Benny Hinn preaching at Creflo Dollars Church said Adam was able to fly to the moon. Creflo was not really happy with that, the silly stuff.

Say what? My head hurts thinking of quick rejoinders

Yes, 15 sprays is usually what I would use for keeping people away.....chuckle, laugh

I'm sure her aim will improve with age, or, from now on, just close eyes

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Briefly to touch a subject that I have noted emergent Churches, as well as several Bible translations drifting towards. Matthew 7:13.. shares how the gate is narrow for entering life, and yet this is after it shares that the path is wide that leads to hell (destruction~ in most new translations). Seeing some Evangelists, such as Joseph Prince recently calling out the people that ever said this was meaning anything about few people being in Heaven was very interesting. He also went on to say that whenever you have a good feeling in you.. "that is God". Well, we know that God shares good, but so does the imposter, right? We know that God also shares some things that are not good.

To the point... ! Does anyone know the greek translation of this passage, and does it imply to heaven and hell, or as Prince and many others are now saying; to life today?

I have spent my whole life with the understanding that even the explanation of the parable of the sower shows why so many will simply not make it to Heaven, so many distractions, as Jesus shares very capably.

What to you all think??

Hi L10

Don't get me started on Joseph Prince, but apart from that, you seem to have better discernment than he does.

As the Bible explicitly tells us to test the spirits, that would actually knock Mr Princes assertion that good feelings are an indication

of the presence of God right out of the water

Mr. Prince needs to test that spirit from which he got that idea. It is NOT scriptural and yes, the devil can certainly 'give' one good feelings

in order to lead them astray.

Good feelings do not go along with good judgement. We may sometimes have to make a decision based on the Bible alone (well preferably

all of the time) but that does not always make us feel good. Sometimes, we may actually feel pretty bad.

Someone once explained it like this,

The promise of God's Word, the Bible - not our feelings - is our authority. The Christian lives by faith (trust) in the trustworthiness of God Himself and His Word. This train diagram illustrates the relationship among fact (God and His Word), faith (our trust in God and His Word), and feeling (the result of our faith and obedience) (John 14:21)

trainclear_zps0ed1870f.gif

The train will run with or without a caboose. However, it would be useless to attempt to pull the train by the caboose. In the same way, as Christians, we do not depend on feelings or emotions, but we place our faith (trust) in the trustworthiness of God and the promises of His Word.

Feelings are not bad in and of themselves. They were given to us by God. They just don't get to run the show...or the train ;)

That was funny. Thanks, but I am working hard to understand. I try not to insert my foot in my mouth though... try not to. LOL

Well I do like to insert a little humor now and then, but I was basically serious regarding feelings. We can feel any number of ways and change

all the time. The Bible tells us what to believe and even how to believe...our feelings need to line up with what the Bible says is the truth.

Feelings are ok...you just don't want to let them control you

Well I do like to insert a little humor now and then, but I was basically serious regarding feelings. We can feel any number of ways and change

all the time. The Bible tells us what to believe and even how to believe...our feelings need to line up with what the Bible says is the truth.

Amen~!

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5

Again I Say Amen~! And Amen~! And Amen~!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Glory~! Glory~! Glory To The KING OF KINGS~!

I Love You Jesus

I Love You

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Amen~!

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5

Again I Say Amen~! And Amen~! And Amen~!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Glory~! Glory~! Glory To The KING OF KINGS~!

I Love You Jesus

I Love You

Joe, I always love your prayers, your following, and kindness. I am not trying to make a discernment, and certainly not going to be rude, but is there a reason that you quote a person, and then just have your pre established content shared? I am just making sure you are do the posting on here, and not someone else that may have access to your computer. I guess you could have an injury that prevents typing as well, but I know things such as Dragon work pretty well. Just making sure you are fine. Share something about your personal feelings on the entrace to Heaven if you are ok. Thanks my friend.