IGNORED

'I can create Neanderthal baby'

Guest HisG

Neanderthals could create their own culture and political force in the world, says Harvard scientist George Church.

A Harvard scientist has said it would be possible to clone a Neanderthal baby from ancient DNA if he could find a woman willing to act as a surrogate.

The process would not be legal in many countries and would involve using DNA extracted from fossils.

George Church, a genetics professor of Harvard School of Medicine, said that the process was possible and that far from being brutal and primitive, Neanderthals were intelligent beings.

They are believed to be one of the relatives of modern man and became extinct 33,000 years ago. He added that altering the human genome could also provide the answers to curing diseases such as cancer and HIV, and hold the key to living to 120.

He told
Der Spiegel
, the German magazine: "I have already managed to attract enough DNA from fossil bones to reconstruct the DNA of the human species largely extinct. Now I need an adventurous female human."

The professor claims that he could introduce parts of the Neanderthal genome to human stem cells and clone them to create a foetus that could then be implanted in a woman.

http://news.ninemsn....urrogate-mother

Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby

A Harvard scientist is reportedly looking for an "adventurous woman" to give birth to the first Neanderthal baby in 30,000 years.

US geneticist George Church told German newspaper Der Spiegel he was close to being able to clone a Neanderthal but would need a human woman to lend her womb to the project.

But the birth may not be quite what a human woman was used to, Gawker reported.

While Neanderthal children didn't need to rotate to get to the birth canal, their mothers generally had a wider birth canal than human women.

The baby would also be expected to have a longer head than a human child.

But despite the potential birthing difficulties, Professor Church said Neanderthal children could be very intelligent and may become a craze.

"Let's say someone has a healthy, normal Neanderthal baby," he told Bloomberg Businessweek last year.

"Well, then, everyone will want to have a Neanderthal kid.

"Were they superstrong or supersmart? Who knows.

"But there's one way to find out."

Professor Church has collected enough DNA from fossil bones to reconstruct Neanderthal DNA.

He said new technologies made the cloning project a realistic dream.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,915
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

and if the child is born with massive deformities who looks after it ???

and if the child cannot fit into society of today what becomes of it ???

I know what happens to " designer dogs " when the fashion craze is over ..is it now to be the same for children ????

This man is just another " woud be god " with less intelligence than the child he seeks to create

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

and if the child is born with massive deformities who looks after it ???

and if the child cannot fit into society of today what becomes of it ???

I know what happens to " designer dogs " when the fashion craze is over ..is it now to be the same for children ????

This man is just another " woud be god " with less intelligence than the child he seeks to create

I absolutely agree!

Then there is this:

He told Der Spiegel, the German magazine: "I have already managed to attract enough DNA from fossil bones to reconstruct the DNA of the human species largely extinct. Now I need an adventurous female human."

Largely extinct?

http://news.ninemsn....urrogate-mother

.... The baby would also be expected to have a longer head than a human child.

But despite the potential birthing difficulties, Professor Church said Neanderthal children could be very intelligent and may become a craze.

"Let's say someone has a healthy, normal Neanderthal baby," he told Bloomberg Businessweek last year.

"Well, then, everyone will want to have a Neanderthal kid.

"Were they superstrong or supersmart? Who knows.....

When I Was A Teenager I Knew A Kid With A Very Pronounced "Long" Head

Ripley gives us an illustration of this view. He says the Teutonic race is a variety of the long-headed type of northern Europe-its blondness and size the result of environment, artificial selection, and isolation in Scandinavia (Ripley, 467). http://www.bethelcog...at-racial-types

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

And I've Often Thought It's Probable

Some Of Today's Neanderthal Kids Grow Up To Become Multimillion Dollar A Year NFL Football Stars

http://bleacherrepor...ing-nfl-players

Boy Are These "Scientists" Ever Fooled By Their Goofy Religion Of Evolution

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

Ain't God Grand :)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I feel sorry for people who challenge God by playing 'god'. they bring it all upon themselves...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I seen that movie.

It didn't end well.

Lol, yeah I think we saw the same one...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

They can't even get the animals they clone to live to a normal lifespan..........