• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Why do people automatically assume if someone is homosexual they are a pedophile? That concept still blows my mind. Of the homosexual people I know all are looking for an adult of the same sex. Thy have no desire for children because that is something different altogether. There are pedophiles of all sexual orientations. *shakes head trying to understand*

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The worries people express here would be a lot more interesting if they were rooted in empirical facts. Is there any evidence that having homosexuals would actually introduce risk to the boys involved, more than the risk that heterosexuals introduce? It seems like, at the risk of drawing conclusions from anecdotes, that every time I hear about a specific case of child molestation some straight guy is responsible. Last time I heard about someone I knew being this sort of monster he was married with children.

If a man rapes a boy, would you consider him "straight"?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Aren't these the same Leftist's excited about this that are hopping mad over the same abuse in the Catholic Church?

Hardly, the Church of Rome like the scouts bans homosexuals from leadership roles - in their case the Priesthood. The problem with the Catholics is people in to unquestionable positions of power. Prriests got away with abusing children ,both male and female because of the authority invested in their role. Sadly this has happened in plenty of other institutions including the scouts were authority figures are venerated and treated with undue respect.

Having been a former Catholic I would urge you to look a little deeper into the situation. Rome knew that they had a problem in the late 50's to early 60's with Homosexuals entering the Priesthood. They turned a blind eye towards it prefering to blame the communists for infiltrating their Church and trying to destroy it from within. (which is a might bit odd what with even the gates of hell not preaviling against her) Regardless, it was a departure from the Word and it's authority that ultimately was their downfall. Sadly, much like this thread and those on the Left who would argue in favor of such a turn of events.

Why do people automatically assume if someone is homosexual they are a pedophile? That concept still blows my mind. Of the homosexual people I know all are looking for an adult of the same sex. Thy have no desire for children because that is something different altogether. There are pedophiles of all sexual orientations. *shakes head trying to understand*

My biggest problem besides the pedophile matter is just the sinfulness of the lifestyle. I don't like the lowering of the standards to allow sodomites to lead the boy scouts. I don't want them to have an influence on them. By allowing them to be leaders in the boy scouts, the scouts are saying that homosexuality is ok, and Biblically speaking, it is an abomination.

The sinfulness I agree. Also there are female scout leaders (Den mothers) which I have never agreed with. First one I encountered is when I pulled my son from scouts (Not that he argued or wanted to stay in). It really seems they are following the same direction as the Girl Scouts (which was a lot different when I was a member as a child).

My biggest problem besides the pedophile matter is just the sinfulness of the lifestyle. I don't like the lowering of the standards to allow sodomites to lead the boy scouts. I don't want them to have an influence on them. By allowing them to be leaders in the boy scouts, the scouts are saying that homosexuality is ok, and Biblically speaking, it is an abomination.

Also may I bring up and ask about the straight leaders that are living in sin. Boyfriend/girlfriend, unmarried in the same house. I can't see a difference in the sin here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

i Don't think I would want to send my daughter on a camping trip as a Girl Guide if the only adult in attendance was a single man. Just as I would not want to send my son on a camping trip if the only adult was a gay man.

Less about the sin, and more about the common sense......

Yes it will hurt the scouts.

I will say this about boyscouts, the way they set up, if the troops is run properly, you will never have to worry about your son being alone on a camping trip with a single adult leader, of any gender, there is a two adult minimum for any scouting activity, if the troop cant get two or more adults, they are supposed to cancel the trip. Most troops, if one of the adult leaders is a female, try to have at least a third.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Scout Oath

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Scout Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful,

Friendly, Courteous, Kind,

Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty,

Brave, Clean, Reverent

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

:hmmm:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Scout Oath

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Scout Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is:

Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful,

Friendly, Courteous, Kind,

Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty,

Brave, Clean, Reverent

Have both of those memorized. I am an eagle scout, this news does trouble me.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Would you leave your child with a Scout master you knew to be an active Mormon?

A Mormon isn't going to physically molest you with his belief.

By the way Tinky, most pedophiles are straight people.

Of course! Just look at the population numbers as it pertains to sexual identity. That doesn't make your case. If the situation were reversed, and there were only between 2% - 5% heterosexuals in America, there would be far more homosexual assaults compared to hetero.

I come from Europe and I live in a country where the vice Kanzler (equivalent to your vice president) is a declared gay. That is, I might perceive the gay problem differently.

I also believe that if we want to make a point against the rampant secularization of our world, we need to use the same weapons of the lost: logic. And I am convinced that we can defend the Gospel using logical thinking.

I don't think that your post goes in that direction, unfortunately. If you think that homosexual men might molest young boys, then we should assume that heterosexual men teachers might molest young girls. The only consequent and safe solution would be to hire asexual teachers, which will be difficult.

Comparing homosexuality with pedophilia is dangerous and will not take us anywhere, in my opinion.

And I am convinced that we can defend the Gospel using logical thinking.

Jesus never had to. He just used scripture, to believer and unbeliever alike. This is the problem most "scientific","logical thinkers", have, they seem to try and squeeze faith into "logic". It can't be done, and scripture screams at us in the opposite when it comes to faith.

I come from Europe and I live in a country where the vice Kanzler (equivalent to your vice president) is a declared gay. That is, I might perceive the gay problem differently.

Should you not "perceive" homosexuality from a Christian, scriptural viewpoint, and not because you live is a decidedly secular country with a gay politician? The fact that he is gay, and the country embraces homosexuality, has nothing to do with what the scripture has to say?