• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Just to keep things in perspective and relative to the topic, here is the definition of aromatherapy:

a

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Bob, in your last posting, I agree 100% to what you said :emot-think: If no intent to give the devil glory is given, how can it be INDIRECTLY given?

I love sweet smells and I want to enjoy them :whistling:

Faithie :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I LOVE candles, and SMELLS.. mmmm, Aromatherapy is fine. Nothing wrong with it. What could be wrong with smelling wonderful smells, and feeling good? :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/01/1985

Hi Faithie,

I don't know where the rest are getting their info but it is not right.  This is witchcraft pure and simple.  Any thing that is used to "sooth" the soul apart from Jesus is through another spirit.  just search "Aromatherapy occult" and see what you get.  Why is there no spiritual understanding in the church?

LT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suggestion: Get a life.

I bet I can type "anything" occult and get hits. There are freeks every where doing only god knows what in a perverted way. I guess that I shouldn't be soothed by the stimulation of any of my senses, including smell, because I may receive some soothing pleasure from it. And we all know that any form of soothing pleasure is satanic or has its origins in some form of satanic, occultic ritual.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

There are things that God gave us that have a calming effect on us. (chocolate is a great one - and highly recommended.  ).

Now I have to pile wood in the basement, can you smell it??

:D nice wood to keep us warm in the winter goes together with chocolate!!!!

:):D:wub:

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

GOD created different scents, and herbs for our benefit. Just because someone who is into the occult is using it, means Christians can't either?

I believe God made our bodies a certain way to respond to certain things. He made foods, veggies, fruits, grains etc. to HELP our bodies, and to promote our health. He also made herbs, and scents to help us feel good too. Why is that satanic? or occultic?

Guest Thomas I believe
I LOVE candles, and SMELLS.. mmmm, Aromatherapy is fine. Nothing wrong with it. What could be wrong with smelling wonderful smells, and feeling good? 

Nicksgirl, Amen sister ! :wub:

If God did'nt want us to enjoy scents why did He create flowers and all the other things that give off fragrance. I bet Adam and Eve enjoyed the fragrances of the flowers in the beginning. Where oh where is the true cut answer on this? I burn candles in my house when I am relaxing and when I am Praying and worshipping God. How can that be wrong ?

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

When I first started reading this thread, I thought that there was really no issue or problem with aroma therapy, then larryT posted this...

Hi Faithie,

I don't know where the rest are getting their info but it is not right. This is witchcraft pure and simple. Any thing that is used to "sooth" the soul apart from Jesus is through another spirit. just search "Aromatherapy occult" and see what you get. Why is there no spiritual understanding in the church?

LT

And then I thought Hmmmmm :wub:

I did what larryT said, and there is certainly new age and occult practices associated with aroma therapy, so he is right about that part. So I again was thinking Hmmmm :D

If we start a scratch list of things that we can't have or can't do because the evil people are using and misusing them, where does that end?

Many occult rituals use candles and incense, so on the "can't use" list they go. No problem for me, I don't care for either. (sorry Thomas I beleive)

King Saul was troubled by a spirit, but when David played music, Saul was refreshed. There goes music. Well, that's a little extreem. Let's just ban that style that David was playing.:) Sorry, I will behave, I promise. :D

However....

If you are participating in an occult ritual, you are in sin, period.

I was recently told of a witchcraft practice where they break into churches or homes and steal a bible, and then try to place a curse on the owner of the bible. Still, I plan to keep my bible.

The use of these aromas usually appears to be involving a type of treatment ritual or holistic health method when used by the new agers. I think aromas, in and of themselves, are not evil, but when you begin to use a practice to "sooth the soul" you are operating on dangerous ground.

If the Holy Ghost that is in you is giving you that "something is not right" warning, never ignore the Spirit of the Lord.

My conclusion is this, please give me a fresh cup of coffee and a slice of that pumpkin pie (maybe a little whipped cream) and let's discuss my diet, lately I have not been losing much weight, and I don't know why, well, ok, just one more slice, so anyway..........

Guest Thomas I believe
My conclusion is this, please give me a fresh cup of coffee and a slice of that pumpkin pie (maybe a little whipped cream) and let's discuss my diet, lately I have not been losing much weight, and I don't know why, well, ok, just one more slice, so anyway..........
And then I thought Hmmmmm

I did what larryT said, and there is certainly new age and occult practices associated with aroma therapy, so he is right about that part. So I again was thinking Hmmmm

If we start a scratch list of things that we can't have or can't do because the evil people are using and misusing them, where does that end?

Many occult rituals use candles and incense, so on the "can't use" list they go. No problem for me, I don't care for either. (sorry Thomas I beleive)

King Saul was troubled by a spirit, but when David played music, Saul was refreshed. There goes music. Well, that's a little extreem. Let's just ban that style that David was playing. Sorry, I will behave, I promise.

However....

If you are participating in an occult ritual, you are in sin, period.

I was recently told of a witchcraft practice where they break into churches or homes and steal a bible, and then try to place a curse on the owner of the bible. Still, I plan to keep my bible.

The use of these aromas usually appears to be involving a type of treatment ritual or holistic health method when used by the new agers. I think aromas, in and of themselves, are not evil, but when you begin to use a practice to "sooth the soul" you are operating on dangerous ground.

If the Holy Ghost that is in you is giving you that "something is not right" warning, never ignore the Spirit of the Lord.

AnotherTraveler , Now that makes sense !!! :wub:

In His Peace, Michael

Edited by Thomas I beleive