IGNORED

Why do only some get healed?

Joshua-777

That is a marvelous testimony Joshua. Faith can be very powerful, it IS very powerful. I beleive in the power of faith and prayer, I beleive the Bible. One verse if I recall correctly, said something to the effect that "Jesus did not do many miracles there, because of their lack of faith. In other cases, Jesus says "your faith has made you well". As others have poited out, Paul prayed repeatedly and was told "no". The woman with an issue of blood was not even prayed over, her faith was sufficient without Jesus direct intervention.

What I take away from these various examples, is, that the faith of the one receiving, or the faith of the one doing the healing etc. might be all that is required, but that cannot mean that God will always heal. Paul's faith was answered with a "no". What it boils down to, is that God is on the throne of the universe, not you faith, not my faith. If all that is required is faith on that part of the one person intending healing, why aren't people who have such faith or gifts of healing, emptying hospitals?

I think you made some reference about it not being in God's character to be a cause of illness or something to that effect, you might want to rethink that.

The LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Ex 4:11

Sometimes God has a purpose, and we have no idea what it is:

1As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. John 9

Some evils, as you pointed out, are a result of the fall. That is of course very true. That does not mean though, that we can just pray or 'faith' it away. The creation groans awaiting the revelation of the sons of God, and it will continue to do so. We are still sinners and still under the curse, that will be fixed one day, but that day is not yet. Until then, we still have the good news of Romans 8:28. This also, is where faith comes in. In a case where relief is elusive,

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Life for the Christian is never promised to be trouble free, if anything we are told to expect troubles and suffering. I agree with others that if we say the only reason that you are not healed, is because you lack faith, then we serve to cause doubt in that person, about their salvation, about God etc, because their prayers are not answered, when likely it is just not God's intention to heal them at that time. Doctrines like that attack God's soveriegnty. We have been given the priveledge to come to our Father and ask what we want of Him, and the confidnce of knowing, that if He wills it, it will be done. We have not been given any right to come to Him and demand to change anything, he is not a celestial Santa Clause who grants wishes, He is the author of the universe and sees a larger picture, using everything for His purposes, and not needing to justify to us, why He does anything or fails to do anything.

My advoce to you, is to continue to pray for healing, continue to exercise whatever gifts God gives you for His glory, but cease promulgating doctrines that are not in harmony with every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Things like sickness, are temporary and not our focus, instead, we triy to focus on the love that God has shown us, patiently an joyfully await out eternity with Him. Contentment is hard when you are in pain, but some find it, that is where I am most impressed by faith. For now, we take comfort in passages like Rom 8

18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

Our Victory in Christ

26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36Just as it is written,

“FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;

WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”

37But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Firstly, I have to say I have watched this video three times.

Please forgive me if perhaps I did not understand it or received the wrong message.

As far as I can see, they are saying that EVERYONE can be healed if they ( the person laying on hands/praying for them etc )

have enough faith?

Sorry but I really don't believe that at all. ..... God ALWAYS answers prayer but sometimes the answer is NO and although we may not think it is fair; that is because we have no real idea of WHY.

It reminds me of the butterfly story that a very strong Christian lady told me about.

When someone saw a butterfly struggling to emerge from the cocoon and helped the butterfly by breaking open the cocoon that was " imprisoning/hindering the butterfly's progress, they where to find that by helping ( healing ) the butterfly through its struggle; they had actually crippled the butterfly.

(The process...painful though it is... of pushing through the tiny hole also pushes the fluid out of the wing membrane and allows the butterfly to fly.)

Without that painful push through, the wings stayed saturated with fluid and the butterfly died without ever being able to soar through the sky and reach its full potential.

You see, I believe God has a plan for all of us.

No one likes pain and suffering and often we don't understand why.

Yet, that plan leads us to do things, encounter people we may never have encountered had that plan not been designed for us.

When I came out of the Royal Navy a few years later I found my self homeless, I was to wander like a tramp for thirty years.

Today, I suffer from Parkinson's and have had it now for over thirteen years.

It's a degenerative illness that most likely I will die from. (When He calls me home I know I will be ready)

Often people have asked me would I change my life if I could live it over again?

In the past few years this has happened on many an occasion.

My reply is always , NO

You see, what I have lived through has given me the chance; a possibility that many have never had.

The people that I have encountered, be it when I was on the streets and even now with my Parkinson's;

the doctors, nurses and other people with Parkinson's.

Strange as it may be; on my return to the UK, because of the fact that I had lived for so long on the road and was ex forces;

I became some sort of a novelty and was used to speak publicly to raise awareness of homeless veterans.

This opened up doors that have led me to meet royalty on several occasions;

film stars, political leaders, people that thirty years ago I could not imagine of having met.

The possibilities to witness God's love for me are endless. (From a park bench in Rome to Buckingham Palace.)

I have noticed that many preachers come across as healthy . wealthy ( we at least not lacking anything ) and comfortable in this world ... and when they then tell people with severe limitations be it in health wealth or faith that God loves them and wants only what is best for them you can hear the murmurs of " Yes but see how your ideas change if you are in my place " ...

God has put lots of us in " that place " to be a faithful witnesses and be able to witness from a position of strength because;

WE HAVE BEEN THERE ( Praise God )

Jesus suffered from tiredness and frustration and poverty and hunger and all the things that we suffer from including the worse and most painful death devised by man so that He can say " YES I HAVE BEEN THERE AND WAS STILL FAITHFUL "

So, do I believe that everyone can or even should be healed if the person trying to heal them has enough faith ????

NO NO NO NO NO ...... I believe we need enough faith to still be faithful when God asks us to bear our burdens because He has a plan for us.

God knows best!

WOW!!! NCN, you just blew my socks off!!! What a testimony. I very much agree that God is in control. We have to go through trials in this life and sometimes we never understand them, but I have noticed since I have gotten older, that I can look back on some of my trials and understand the reason, maybe not completely, but a glimpse.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

First and foremost...I'm still growing too...And I've spent years now...In Prayer...In The Quiet Place...In Love With Jesus!!!! Had many spiritual experiences and I've come to some beliefs...Knowing that without faith it is impossible to please God...And Considering everything that has been said...I'm a real simple simpleton...and things can get complicated to me; so I love simplicity...Hahaha...So in that context...God sent Jesus To Save Us...I Needed Saving From Everything...Sin...Sickness...Disease...The list goes on...I have run into people in the grocery store that told me that healing wouldn't be until we get to Heaven...I cried for her!!! and cried and cried...this happened before I had such confidence and (a different and better) Faith In God...and have been in the very same grocery store...knowing I was lead there with a pain in my stomach; waiting for someone to show up to pray for me!!! And They Did!!! And I Was Healed!!! and like Joshua-777 said...It caused me to Press In!!!

See for me it's just as easy believing I, (and others), can be healed than it is for me to believe that (The One Who Is Supposedly Saving me from all that---is leaving something bad on me-because I so believe that In God Is Everything I Need) I believe I Can Seek God and Be Made Free)...sorry just being blatantly honest...Because I have lived believing any minute I was going to die...and then Seeking God (because I got lax) and being healed just like nothing is wrong with me...God's Goodness Brings Us To Repentance...and if God gives me just one verse to believe on...That's what I'm going to do...It took alot of searching and believing to get where I am now...(Just want to point out...I have read all kinds of other verses in the Bible too that I have not studied yet...)

I have already confronted the fact...God didn't give me the Gift of Teaching...so I am a learner and a do-er and a tesifyer...Hahaha...Is that a word?...(Joshua777-I want to grow up to be just like you!!!)

It's hard praying sometimes when there is just so much sin, sickness and disease...See The Truth Is Some of us Have Been Called To Pray...So How Can The Other Some of us Say God Doesn't Answer or Heal? Oh dear...we have a dilemma...we must recognize that God uses whomever He wants to and for Purposes He Needs and Wants to Manifest Upon The Earth...(or don't believe...I'm walking in it, though) and so many that don't want to be healed...and never ask for prayer...But do I give up? On that NO...NO...NO...because just as Joshua-777 has taught us and the same revealed to me...Nothing happens without Prayer!!! Period!!! God's Hands Are Tied Without Prayer Happening!!! I believe that with everything in me because He Has To Be Asked...Many years ago...This thought came to me...There are so many on assisted programs that if they did get healed they might have to Depend on God For Everything Instead of Government...Anyway...Just rambling right now...and pondering again...but getting back to it...

It looks so bad to some-that some have Great Confidence In God...but the verse that helped me along with great teaching was: Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." Strong's Concordance: #4102...faith...Romans 1:16-17...persuasion, i.e. credence, mor. conviction, reliance, constancy, truth...I just typed the italized words...

The teaching I heard one time was we go from faith to faith...and considering the faith I started out with and the faith I walk in now...there is about a million miles difference in the two...So glad to report...I'm closer to God than I was...and have lived much more of the Truths of The Bible...These signs shall follow those that believe...we the believers...these signs shall follow us...the ones who believe...will I die one day? Of course, I will...Or will I be translated? Ummm...Possible...but is my prayer that I will not die of a disease?...Yes...and not if my faith has anything to do with it...anyway...My heels are dug in...just like a bull-dog I'm hanging on to The Word That I Read: Psalm 103:1-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satifies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Later on in that Psalm it talks of fearing God...I must fear God!!! Definition: Fear God...Not to run away from but to run to His Loving Arms...and Being Still...Knowing He Is God!!! There is so much that teaches in the Bible the exact words of Joshua-777...which I believe with everything in me...

Oh Before I forget...God does not lie...So If I See A Promise...I'm Standing On It In Faith!!! And Not Giving Up...And See It Come To Pass!!! I Believe!!!

Oh Before I forget this too: With Great Love...Which I did not possess and was not bestowed in...at one time...Now with all confidence...I Love you so much...

Needing you and The Lord...Love In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Our lives are in God's hands.We need to pray that God's Will Be Done in our life.He has a special plan for each and every one of our lives.God has a reason why each and every one of us either prosper or suffer.God does not make mistakes.We will find out these questions of ours when we meet Him face to face.And then we will go "Oh yea,that makes total sense".But it may not now.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

When someone is healed it is Gods Will and Gods prerogative to do so. We remain thankful in all things. :) If God chooses to heal then all thanks and all glory to God and if God chooses not to heal then all thanks and glory to God! Let us always remember Gods Word: 

Romans 5:3-5

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

So many good insights, and the subject itself must be one of the most reoccurring in the whole of Christendom. Not necessarily because we were after physical wellbeing only, but since it is so strongly emphasized that to pray in faith in Jesus' name, it will be so. That would indeed be easy, perhaps too easy even(!). The danger of pride certainly would increase, we are still mostly quite simple for the devil to lead astray because we mix getting the glory and respect from the people even doing God's works with getting that from God Himself.

Achieving such superb humility before God might actually be one of the key factors in this whole thing. If something, our Father does not want to see us falling prey for the pride. Even one of His most beautiful angels fell because of pride! Thus, humility in Christ is extremely important. We tend to be rather a stubborn race of creatures, so failure is often the method we buy instead of simply following through His advice, sadly. Even if in our understanding and logical thinking and what not we thought righteously, deep inside the seed of sin unfortunately all too often rises its head without us even noticing. This is not to discourage anyone, but a reason why our attempts at times end up with very different results we hoped to see. Even when we come up with that most high name of Jesus.

Sometimes faith really does it, have witnessed it so many times too, when God's power and presence cuts through the pain and reveals the presence of the demonic or just blows the pain away, by praying for myself or others. Of that we surely lack neither experience nor testimonies on this site I am sure. But I have heard of quite opposite versions as well. One occasion was, that there was a pastor who happened to read about the supernatural healing and giftings of the spirit once, and felt a strong urge he should have that active in his ministry so he went and prayed to God, and he prayed passionately. Nothing seemed to change however, so he was wondering what was the problem. Somewhere he then got to read that we must go and be steadfast, have no doubt, but to be sure God will show up. What did the pastor then do? He called and reserved the biggest hall of that place for a healing event! And even put it on adds on local papers. The date came for that event, the place was packed. During the time of beginning, he stood there in front on the stage looking at the masses of people hoping for healing, And suddenly, all his faith went down the drain and he said to himself:

What have I done? I've never prayed and got stunning testimony of healing! Surely nothing happens, I cannot do this!

Then, he heard silent small voice saying to him: 

But I can.

He got a bit startled of this, but it was time to begin with the event. So he stepped forward. He went on asking if there was anyone in the audience who wanted to get healed. A man stood up and came to stand on the stage. It turned out he was deaf, and the pastor was like, why could it not be a migraine! But it was too late to step down so he simply prayed in Jesus' name and surely enough, the man got his hearing back! The rest was just glory ride.

I know the man who knows this pastor. The interesting thing with this true story is, that the pastor got totally empty of his faith when it mostly was needed. Is our God not good? The healing was delivered despite of the lack of faith which we have often learnt to be the key factor. But it is just the other side of the coin. Our faith would be useless, if we did not have such merciful God and wonderful Savior, not to mention the Holy Spirit who is more than worthy of all glory as well.

But the discernment is often difficult thing, as to proceed with praying on something to happen courageously in faith and fire, or understanding God has a different plan. Or is it the way we approach God and our motif too that counts as I mentioned before? Because God is not only merciful God, but good God and whatever He does, He does it for the right reason. So my take on this one might be that perhaps God actually sometimes permitted something to happen if our condition was right for asking Him about it? He sees right through our thoughts, heart and soul. Whenever there's a viper in the paradise, He can pull the brakes, so as not to let the devil get his share of the glory, if you understand what I mean. It may even sound strange; would not God simply receive all the glory when answering a prayer for healing? Maybe so, but what if your child comes to you asking you to do something that in the eyes of their friends proves your authority and godlike sovereignty, and you saw doing that would cause wrong kind of pride in them, because you made their will to happen, indirectly as it might be?

Would you not understand, that denying that request might produce more humility in them, instead of showing off with an almighty parent making them proud in a wrong way?

Having these kind of questions at times in mind with my own children, that one must see beneath the surface and perceive the real unspoken motifs and instead answer to them, how must it be for God then? I don't know, that's why I am asking, but there could be some similarity involved with God answering our prayers as well. He is raising us as His children, even though we have come of an age. Of course, earthly years do not always match the spiritual maturity, but often sure give some perspective. I like the idea of native Americans I once heard, that a person is not considered an adult before their fifities. How often does God's answer actually have to do with Him loving His children so dearly, that He wants to raise them right,

And yes, anyone having children on their own here surely knows it just does not work to grand every wish. Seldom have I met a child so pure in heart that every wish was all right in God's eyes. And even then, I would still think, failure is almost necessary teacher. For pride has so many shades and rises its head so quickly without our notice, and it does go before the fall. God does not want that for us, but wants to save us from that.

But: keep on praying and do not cease. We will get our breakthroughs every now and then, either for the prayer to do its magic (not really magic), or to get a revelation we or someone else must first come to change something for it to proceed. It's a fine line, salvation provides, but there for sure is no evil in Heaven.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

according to your faith so be it unto you.

Jesus spoke, I can only do what I have seen my Father do.

When God moves you; you know you have been moved by God. He is the head, follow him. Until he shows you that limb growing back it may be in your best interest to simply speak the word to those who are lost. If it be God's will, he is able to show you that limb growing back (vision) before it actually does. Then you know when you lay hands on them it has been ordained by God for you to do so because he has given you a head's up before it ever happens.

Many years ago I had the pleasure to talk with an elderly woman every morning at 7am.  We spoke on the phone.  She would always call me after one of the various "faith healers" were on television.  This woman suffered with an illness that would take her to the grave.  It was terminal.  She would cry and ask me why so many she saw were getting healed and why would God not listen to her prayer.  I was a young Christian at the time, and after listening to her speak of this matter, through the tears, I would respond to her the same way every day.  I encouraged her to turn off her tv and pick up her bible and open to the book of Psalms.  I shared with her that in the many Psalms, every conceivable emotion was spoken of, whether one was sick or not, these writers called out to God, many wanting to know why he wasn't answering.  One thing they had in common was that at one point in the Psalm, they would always, always, let their trust in God to deliver them be known, no matter the circumstances.  My only hope for this woman was that if God choose not to heal her of this illness, he would comfort her till the day that she would be with him eternally.  Then, there would be no more tears, only joy! 

My point in sharing this today is that those who promote this type of "wholeness," health, prosperity, and such, do more harm to the "church" than to help with whatever gift that has been given to them to build up the church.  This is a very sad situation as many are led to believe they have not the faith to believe God. Their joy is taken away.  No where in Scripture are we as the children of God are promised total health.  No where.   

Personally, I believe God's will is His.  He is Sovereign and that's good enough for me.  What he chooses to reveal, is for us (See Deuteronomy 29:29). 

One other thing.  I've been to many fellowships that believe that one is to be healthy everyday.  I noticed that many of the folks still wore glasses.  My thought was God must not be concerned with healing eyes anymore.  I think you understand "how" I said that.

Nigel, thank you for your testimony.  As a veteran myself, I've been with those who have sacrificed much, and yet, continue on the best they can.  Both Christian and those who are not Christian. 

Perhaps it's best to remember that with God, it is an "inside" job.  The outside is fading away, fast (see 1 Corinthians 15).

Thank you,

God bless,

Randal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

When someone is healed it is Gods Will and Gods prerogative to do so. We remain thankful in all things. :) If God chooses to heal then all thanks and all glory to God and if God chooses not to heal then all thanks and glory to God! Let us always remember Gods Word: 

Romans 5:3-5

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Amen John